Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 PM

13 posts, read 23,912 times

Advertisements

Hey you folks.

I have been browsing your posts for a few days, and have read about 5 strings on WC going back about 4 years. I have found several of you to be very knowledgeable and friendly. Imagine my surprise when I asked a question yesterday, see that 63 or more folks have read it, and no one has seen fit to respond.

PLEASE take a minute to at least say "I can't help you"

I repeat myself: I live up around the Forum on the NE side of town and work at Lackland. I am getting really tired of the commute, which is 5 min longer every year. The relatives who lived here moved to the mid-west, so we are thinking about moving to WC.

We looked at a house on Oak Cask in the Woods section. It has just been re-carpeted throughout, and had some painting and touc-up cement work done on the outside. This could just be responsible owners taking care of their property, or it could be covering up a foundation fault. In my opinion, there is some evidence of settling, but not severe. so my questions:

* Does anyone know anything about the builder United Homecraft? According to the realtor listing, they are the builder. I can find no references to them currently. Did they build in the Woods at Westcreek? If so, have their homes held up pretty well? I believe the house was built in 1996 give or take a year.

* Have there been a lot of foundation problems in the Woods section of WestCrreek? The house backs up to the drainage area, which makes for a nice greenbelt, but also touches on the flood plane.

* While I am at it, several posts have mentioned high cost for trash pick-up and other services. How much is your trash?

I REALLY would appreciate some response. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moovinXtown View Post
Hey you folks.

I have been browsing your posts for a few days, and have read about 5 strings on WC going back about 4 years. I have found several of you to be very knowledgeable and friendly. Imagine my surprise when I asked a question yesterday, see that 63 or more folks have read it, and no one has seen fit to respond.

I repeat myself: I live up around the Forum on the NE side of town and work at Lackland. I am getting really tired of the commute, which is 5 min longer every year. The relatives who lived here moved to the mid-west, so we are thinking about moving to WC.

We looked at a house on Oak Cask in the Woods section. It has just been re-carpeted throughout, and had some painting and touc-up cement work done on the outside. This could just be responsible owners taking care of their property, or it could be covering up a foundation fault. In my opinion, there is some evidence of settling, but not severe. so my questions:

* Does anyone know anything about the builder United Homecraft? According to the realtor listing, they are the builder. I can find no references to them currently. Did they build in the Woods at Westcreek? If so, have their homes held up pretty well? I believe the house was built in 1996 give or take a year.

* Have there been a lot of foundation problems in the Woods section of WestCrreek? The house backs up to the drainage area, which makes for a nice greenbelt, but also touches on the flood plane.

* While I am at it, several posts have mentioned high cost for trash pick-up and other services. How much is your trash?

I can help you with the trash question. We use Tiger Santitation and we pay about $65 every three months for 1X week pickup. They offer a large trash container and we find it sufficient.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:12 PM

Thanks Luckygreeniii!

Do y'all do glass and paper recycling too?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
You can also put extra trash (over and above the provided can) out there and they will take it, no problem.
I don't know if any of us live in The Woods. No glass, plastic recycling here. You can collect your papers and bring them down to one of the schools. They have a paper recycling dumpster.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,563,275 times
moovinXtown - yeah, and sorry, even as the "honorary" Westcreek person (I love Westcreek but live across 1604 from it, yet drive thru it twice every freakin' day!!) I can't be of any help to you. Sozzy. Other than I did look at that listing and it looks to be one of the largest homes in WC!!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
moovinXtown - yeah, and sorry, even as the "honorary" Westcreek person (I love Westcreek but live across 1604 from it, yet drive thru it twice every freakin' day!!) I can't be of any help to you. Sozzy. Other than I did look at that listing and it looks to be one of the largest homes in WC!!

Jules- Is that not a bad thing? For resale, it's best not to be the smallest, cheapest, largest or most expensive, correct? I think The Woods is the oldest section..or close to it.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM

797 posts, read 2,994,476 times
Quote:
Hey you folks....

* Does anyone know anything about the builder United Homecraft?

* Have there been a lot of foundation problems in the Woods section of WestCrreek?

I probably can't help you but since I hate it when my own questions go unanswered here you go...

*Never heard of United Homecraft, our home was built around the same time and it is a Centex home. Maybe United Homecraft was bought out by another builder?

*Many of the homes in WC have "settled" from what I've heard from contractors and the like, but no major foundation problems. Apparently there was a lot of flooding in 2000 and WC in general held up real well.

*We use Wastemanagement for trash pick up and it is pricey, around $75 per month. They pick up twice a week, which is really more than anyone needs and we are a family of 6. There are 2 other companies that also pick up once a week for much less. BFI and Tiger I think. BTW there is NO recycling out here, you must sort and dispose of it yourself.

Someone else will probably answer and give you more reliable feedback. I am not the best advocate for WC as I am not as happy with living in the villages as others.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks Luckygreeniii!

Do y'all do glass and paper recycling too?
No we don't.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
I bet it is the most beautiful part of your commute! LOL!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Jules- Is that not a bad thing? For resale, it's best not to be the smallest, cheapest, largest or most expensive, correct? I think The Woods is the oldest section..or close to it.
Thanks for the answers. I think it is ok to be near the largest, but not the most expensive, or you won't get back what you put in. I think the values are relatively stable, because the newer homes seem to be 30-50% higher, though they have stagnated.

Anybody know anything about the builder I mentioned, or whether the woods was built by more than one builder. I asked my realtor to do some research, but only partial results so far.

Keep those cards and letters coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio