Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,596,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovinXtown View Post
gwroger, jules,The price seems to be in the ball park, though I am seldom inclined to make a full offer. and in this case, would b contingent on inspection...including foundation.
Seriously? Of COURSE you would make your offer contingent on the inspection! They expect that! And your Realtor can tell you how many days it's on the market in regards to how much you offer......... (who HAVE you employed as your Realtor? Oh wait, that'd be advertising!) (dm it to me! LOL!!)

Can't tell you on the HOA/fence requirements, but that should be part of your contingency also.......

Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I agree with you rd...no curbside parking would be a dream!
Why aren't you in the hottub already????!!! yeesh!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 PM

13 posts, read 23,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
yeah, will Choke Canyon get rain this weekend?!!! (oh yeah, that's Anthony's question! )

K, jis looked at it again, and I'd think I'd go for it! Jis make sure that you get a good/foundation inspection if you have foundation concerns. (What's up with that fireplace, tho?????)
Yeah, the fireplace looks kinda strange - especially inthe pictures. It is a gas fireplace that opens to both the master bedroom and master bath. I guess the idea is to sit in the whirlpool bath with a glass of wine while the fireplace cackles in the background...and the AC runs overtime to re-cool the air you are re-heating. Brick or stone or light tile would have been a little more palatable than Black shiny tile...but I can live with that if evrything else is OK.

thanks for the input...still no bites on the builder?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,881,952 times
Quote:
Why aren't you in the hottub already????!!! yeesh!

I'm goin...I'm goin...no wife around, so I'm kind of lazy.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the fireplace looks kinda strange - especially inthe pictures. It is a gas fireplace that opens to both the master bedroom and master bath. I guess the idea is to sit in the whirlpool bath with a glass of wine while the fireplace cackles in the background...and the AC runs overtime to re-cool the air you are re-heating. Brick or stone or light tile would have been a little more palatable than Black shiny tile...but I can live with that if evrything else is OK.

thanks for the input...still no bites on the builder?
Ah! In that case....fabulous!!!! We seriously considered a house with that feature. There are many, many (many, many, many, many....) evenings that I wish we would have bought THAT house!!!!! (K, now you're in competition with me for the house!!! LOL!!! jk)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,841,810 times
You could do wrought iron. The absolute best thing to do is to contact the HOA. From what I see you can't do a metal fence.

Fences, Gates, Hedges, and Walls. Any new fence, gate, hedge, wall, or any change (location or stain color) to a previously installed fence, gate, hedge, or wall must be described in the PIA and approved in advance by the ARC. (VOW CC&Rs: Article IX, Paragraphs 9.02 and 9.14 and Article XIII, Paragraph 13.03.h)
¨ Privacy fences (front, side, and rear) on individual lots facing a minor street or visible from any street are to be six foot (6') vertical privacy fences composed of stained or clear finished cedar or other woods (such as
redwood) the ARC determines to be equal to or superior to cedar. Picket width can be four inches (4”) or six inches (6”), but not mixed. NOTE: Fences facing major streets are addressed in paragraph 8.4 on page 23 of this document.
¨ Color samples for staining wood fences must be submitted to and approved by the ARC before staining. NOTE: The ARC will not approve painting a fence. Stain colors must be “natural.” Not intended as a finite list, the following are examples of acceptable stain colors (contact the ARC in advance of selecting a color): Natural Cypress Natural Cedartone Natural Redwood
NOTE: Fences of wood are subject to premature rotting if landscaping material (soil, grass, raised flower/vegetable beds, etc.) comes into direct contact with the fence. The ARC recommends installing a barrier using materials such as removeable timbers, removeable decorative masonry, or other manufactured products between landscaping and the wood fence.
¨ A stainable, manufactured product having the appearance (graining) of wood will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
¨ Fence posts must be placed on the inside face of fencing visible from any street. Fence posts can be of 4”x4” cedar, redwood, or treated/untreated lumber. Fence posts can also be of metal. If metal is prosposed, the
post and hardware to which the horizontal rails are affixed must be painted to match as closely as possible the color of the wood and/or stain used for the pickets.
¨ Masonry fences. Masonry fences may be used in areas not visible from any street. The proposed design, materials , type, and color of masonry fences must be shown on the PIA and the location shown on a copy of the Plat survey.
¨ Wrought iron fencing not to exceed six feet (6') in height may be used in areas not visible from any street. NOTE: Where safety is a concern, wrought iron fencing or a similar product approved in advance – even though such product may be visible from the street – may be used, but it must be clearly stated in the PIA and the location shown on a copy of the Plat survey. In such cases, the ARC requires planting a hedge to screen the fence’s
visibility as much as possible.
¨ Barbed wire or metal (or a like product; except wrought iron when safety is a factor) fencing is not permitted and will not be approved.
¨ Except under extenuating circumstances, fences may not be placed/located any closer than five feet (5’) to the forward-most corner of the house.
¨ Fences may not be placed forward of the front wall of any dwelling.
¨ No fence or hedge may be placed where it might obstruct the views of motorists at intersections, within a zone twenty-five feet (25') from the pavement edge in each direction.
¨ Hedges are encouraged as screening. The following are a few of the recommended plants for hedges: Holly Pittosporum Cenizo Hawthorn Juniper Photinia

Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Ah! In that case....fabulous!!!! We seriously considered a house with that feature. There are many, many (many, many, many, many....) evenings that I wish we would have bought THAT house!!!!! (K, now you're in competition with me for the house!!! LOL!!! jk)
If it is still on the market next Monday, go for it. We're gonna look again tomorrow and also look at another one off Talley road...more money fewer SF, but nearly an acre of beautiful trees and only 3 years old. Guess who likes which. Realtor might have 1 or 2 more.

We looked as a couple on Creek knoll and Sage Run, and in the newer DR Horton section. Liked the floorplans, but 3 had strong evidence of multiple or incontinent animals and one had signs of serious neglect and one corner of the house - kitchen in the back was about 6 inches lower than the front. Great place to play marbles!

Thanks again for the input. Sure wish someone knew the builder. I did google, and looked at about 300 websites, but none of them seemed to fit, and I could not find much dating back to 96-97 timeframe. Actually, googling is what led me to this forum!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:

If it is still on the market next Monday, go for it. We're gonna look again tomorrow and also look at another one off Talley road...more money fewer SF, but nearly an acre of beautiful trees and only 3 years old. Guess who likes which. Realtor might have 1 or 2 more.

We looked as a couple on Creek knoll and Sage Run, and in the newer DR Horton section. Liked the floorplans, but 3 had strong evidence of multiple or incontinent animals and one had signs of serious neglect and one corner of the house - kitchen in the back was about 6 inches lower than the front. Great place to play marbles!

Thanks again for the input. Sure wish someone knew the builder. I did google, and looked at about 300 websites, but none of them seemed to fit, and I could not find much dating back to 96-97 timeframe. Actually, googling is what led me to this forum!
Heh heh, did you look at the one on Stage Run with the fabulous deck????? Don't know if the owners are willing to deal, but it's a great house!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM

[quote=goodmanm;3462667]You could do wrought iron.

Actually, Wrought Iron is what I was thinking of. I don't see a safety issue, but the good news is there is nobody behind, and it does not look like there is much...any foot traffic back there either. Looks like some nice trees, mostly brush type trees and a lot of real tall rushes and reeds that seem to die out in winter and get swept down by water when there is heavy rain.

Still, with a little clean up, it could look like a nice extended yard.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Heh heh, did you look at the one on Stage Run with the fabulous deck????? Don't know if the owners are willing to deal, but it's a great house!!!

We looked at one with a nice deck and a not-so-nice above ground pool tha seemed to have a non functioning filter. I fhink there was also some laminate or thin wood flooring that looked pretty good, but was not the highest quality and would probably scratch fairly easily. But it was pretty nice. Is that your listing? (no advertising here!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio