Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was pretty sure I wasn't alone. Turn on to the street and BAM! there's the car.. it wasn't exactly rocket science for the builder to place a house there in the first place either. That's just pure greed.
I hear you! Especially at night. I always take that turn slower than normal, not knowing what to expect.

And LOL about the greenery. She's a nice lady, but damn, that's a jungle :P

Old 05-08-2008, 09:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Maybe so. Maybe, it's that he has had to correct so many people here, that any seemingly minor infraction gets his attention. I say 'seemingly' because none of the problems mentioned above seem to be in violation...(to me)
Here is one of VOW Standards that seems to be ignored often:

Growth of plant materials between seams of the street and curb fronting a
Lot must be removed and discouraged from re-growth. (VOW CC&Rs: Article IX, Paragraph 9.14.a and Article X, Paragraph 10.12)

"plant materials" = weeds.

It just might be easier if the HOA would have someone drive around with weed killer.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,418,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Yeah, I saw it. As a matter of fact, my house backs up to a ditch/green belt, and some punk a$$ kid tagged the back of my fence. I never noticed until one day I was walking my dog and on the other side of the block I noticed it. I was like, "WTF!" I didn't want to wait for someone (not sure if it was my responsibility or not) to clean it, so instead of power washing it, I just bought some new pickets and replaced them. While I was replacing them, I noticed 4 kids skateboarding in the ditch, all were under age, and they were smoking (cigarettes I hope). I just stood there and glared at them the whole time until finally they left. I'm telling you, I might have to throw on the ski mask, and say, "you can't prove a thing!"
I can't stand those kids.. they're really strange and I've always wondered where they live. Their parents obviously lack quite a few skillz... maybe we should set up some late night hunting parties or something. We obviously can't literally hunt them (unless they step foot on our property), but we can scare the crap out of them...

Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM

422 posts, read 1,451,700 times
Quote:
I can't stand those kids.. they're really strange and I've always wondered where they live. Their parents obviously lack quite a few skillz... maybe we should set up some late night hunting parties or something. We obviously can't literally hunt them (unless they step foot on our property), but we can scare the crap out of them...

Heh...maybe we should start our own gang
Reclaim our turf!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 AM

90 posts, read 355,117 times
lol funny!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:18 PM

I don't see anything wrong with a show of force gang.. need to keep the scum that have invaded us lately in their place. where their place should be can be determined at a later time....

Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Here is one of VOW Standards that seems to be ignored often:

Growth of plant materials between seams of the street and curb fronting a
Lot must be removed and discouraged from re-growth. (VOW CC&Rs: Article IX, Paragraph 9.14.a and Article X, Paragraph 10.12)

"plant materials" = weeds.

It just might be easier if the HOA would have someone drive around with weed killer.
More importantly it's not enforced by the HOA.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,808,248 times
It looks like you all have a very confusing policy. Old guy gets mad when somebody plants flowers... they don't seem to care about weeds growing in the cracks... Someone should either plant weeds out front, or try to grow flowers in the sidewalk and curb crack. One of those combinations should work.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:15 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,173 times
Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with a show of force gang.. need to keep the scum that have invaded us lately in their place. where their place should be can be determined at a later time....
One of our neighbors came over this afternoon and said the house next to her's was broken into yesterday afternoon! She said there has been a rash of breakins around here in the middle of the day. Wonder if any of this is connected? This is the first I have heard about it.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM

what area is this? I think my wife might finally be seeing the logic of getting a gun for home protection..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio