Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2022, 01:46 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
You highlighted the part of my post where I said; "So, you claim to be the light". Then with your response, you tried to spin it.

The thing is, I don't claim to be the light. I look to the One who is Light, from God's first spoken.

The world is full of false Messiahs of all kinds, even from the pulpits, making a mockery of everything.

No, it's not that. At first I highlighted because I was going to write a more detailed response. But then I realized you're really into this Christian thing and nothing I could say would sway you in the slightest so I gave a simple response instead. I forgot to unhighlight so please ignore. Nothing was meant by it in my response to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 03:29 PM

1,480 posts, read 479,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, it's not that. At first I highlighted because I was going to write a more detailed response. But then I realized you're really into this Christian thing and nothing I could say would sway you in the slightest so I gave a simple response instead. I forgot to unhighlight so please ignore. Nothing was meant by it in my response to you.
So, by this response, then you were going to write a more detailed post with the start of the first sentence in my post you quoted with "So, you claim to be the light".... highlighted. And then continue to try to sway me...

It just takes you right back to everything I wrote in my post you were responding to.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So, by this response, then you were going to write a more detailed post with the start of the first sentence in my post you quoted with "So, you claim to be the light".... highlighted. And then continue to try to sway me...

It just takes you right back to everything I wrote in my post you were responding to.

lol chief, give it a rest. I had something in mind I wanted to confront you with--I can't even remember what it was--and then I said to myself, "I could write a novel here and chief would be exactly like BF and Thoreau and not read a word, so rabidly fanatical about Jesus are they, so why should I waste my time?" Honest, I just forgot to unhighlight it. I swear before God almighty.

Old 12-29-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
lol chief, give it a rest. I had something in mind I wanted to confront you with--I can't even remember what it was--and then I said to myself, "I could write a novel here and chief would be exactly like BF and Thoreau and not read a word, so rabidly fanatical about Jesus are they, so why should I waste my time?" Honest, I just forgot to unhighlight it. I swear before God almighty.
Even this post takes you right back to the post I wrote that you were responding to.

Old 12-29-2022, 06:04 PM

Okay okay I'll respond to your post. Heavens to Betsy, the trouble I go through for you Christians!

Quote:
So, you claim to be the light, while calling everyone who passes through this world believing in Jesus Christ to be the ultimate fool's kept in darkness. Which is what this world did when it crucified him, even releasing a murderer, while shouting crucify to the innocent one.

You call people who believe God's word the ultimate fools, while considering yourself wise above all as your starting point. What kind of teacher would begin to teach from such a position? The Satan/serpent did that.

I don't view people who do not believe as fools or stupid. As I pointed out in my post you responded to about Joseph. Because I personally know there comes a time.

Think of this, it was the Pharaoh in Egypt at the time, that took it on faith that someone in his prison could interpret a dream he had and listened to him and took the action he spoke and received the prophet's reward.

And when a father teaches his children or a teacher teaches a class, they do not view them as fools. They seek a bright future for them, while knowing that with many lessons in life, there comes a time when what was taught will dawn on them, even the hard lessons and that is when growth of the seed occurs and the trust of someone being straight with them is established. I remember being out in a friend's shop (someone who took carpentry classes) was trying to figure out the angle on the roof to install a chimney for a wood stove, and he had forgotten what he was taught. I mentioned what a carpenter friend had taught me on how to calculate the roof pitch and in that very moment I saw it dawn on him, that he already knew how to do that, as he had been taught in school.

I know that Death is the greatest humility and I accept that, and you can view me as the ultimate fool in passing through life in this world if you so choose. I share what I know, and I don't have to google anything to do it.

I don't claim to be the Light. I'm just trying to pass along some wisdom I've accumulated over the centuries I've been on this earth. People should read it and if it makes sense to them they should follow it. Here it is again:

Quote:
The main thing is just have something in life that gets you safely to the end of the day with your sanity intact. This is a horrible world we live in. The evening news shows us bodies being blown to bits in wars, hundreds of millions of people living in deplorable squalid conditions walking thousands of miles with two children strapped to their backs trying to get to a better country, children dying of malnutrition and disease or being slaughtered in some genocide, young girls trapped in slavery in some nutjob's basement, innocent people shot dead by the police and on and on. The bad news is endless. And it tells a two things:

1. the world is an awful place

2. there's no god helping us to get through it

We're on our own down here and it is up to us as individuals to find a way to get through this horrid life anyway we can, whether it's believing in Santa Clause or Jesus. Believe in whatever you want as long as it keeps you from going batship crazy and you've heard the other side of the story and are making an informed decision. That's all I'm saying.

If Jesus gets you through the day and the next and the one after that, chief then by all means believe in him. Use him like a life raft. If he's real he won't mind being used, I promise you. And if he's a myth like I believe he is then at least belief in his avatar got you through a pretty rough life.

End of Philosophy and Moral Ethics 101. Class dismissed.

Old 12-29-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Okay okay I'll respond to your post. Heavens to Betsy, the trouble I go through for you Christians!

I don't claim to be the Light. I'm just trying to pass along some wisdom I've accumulated over the centuries I've been on this earth. People should read it and if it makes sense to them they should follow it. Here it is again:

If Jesus gets you through the day and the next and the one after that, chief then by all means believe in him. Use him like a life raft. If he's real he won't mind being used, I promise you. And if he's a myth like I believe he is then at least belief in his avatar got you through a pretty rough life.

End of Philosophy and Moral Ethics 101. Class dismissed.
All of what you wrote in this post and the one you wrote that isn't transferred to this quote, and the paragraph you chopped out of it. Still takes you back to the post I wrote.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
All of what you wrote in this post and the one you wrote that isn't transferred to this quote, and the paragraph you chopped out of it. Still takes you back to the post I wrote.

I give up.

Old 12-29-2022, 08:42 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
1. If I were you, I wouldn't talk to anyone else about 'giving it a rest'.
2. Why the CONSTANT need to confront christians? They've had DOZENS of long posts by you in just a week or so. They understand your position.
3. Well, I don't know...why are you wasting your time?

I think these are questions you need to ask yourself, Don Quixote.

Old 12-29-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. If I were you, I wouldn't talk to anyone else about 'giving it a rest'.
2. Why the CONSTANT need to confront christians? They've had DOZENS of long posts by you in just a week or so. They understand your position.
3. Well, I don't know...why are you wasting your time?

I think these are questions you need to ask yourself, Don Quixote.
Have you ever asked yourself those questions?

Old 12-29-2022, 09:30 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Have you ever asked yourself those questions?
The volume is key.

But have you ever asked yourself why christians are so confrontational to individuals and our society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality