Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2023, 10:50 AM

64,177 posts, read 40,646,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What you're referring to, myuen is the "runner's high"

''As you hit your stride, your body releases hormones called endorphins. Popular culture identifies these as the chemicals behind “runner's high,” a short-lasting, deeply euphoric state following intense exercise."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...its-of-running

It has nothing to do with supernatural or spiritual nonsense of a spirit separating from the body. Only about 3% of people who "die" express NDEs. What happens to the other 97%? They say it was blackness and no awareness until they resumed consciousness. If they hadn't been revived it be permanent eternal non-consciousness. That's what awaits us when we die--eternal nothingness. When you die, you're dead and that's the end of you. Sad but true until science says otherwise.
My knowledge of the nature of God is not compatible with the possibility that some of us are treated differently after death, but I suppose it is possible. Perhaps that is the fate that awaits you, Thrill. I do not believe it, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 02:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 17,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My knowledge of the nature of God is not compatible with the possibility that some of us are treated differently after death, but I suppose it is possible. Perhaps that is the fate that awaits you, Thrill. I do not believe it, however.

Maybe it is, maybe it's the fate for all of us, maybe it's the fate for some of us and not others, maybe we all get to heaven regardless of our beliefs here on earth, maybe there is no heaven or hell. Who in the hell knows for sure, Mystic? You can believe you do but in the end without some kind of video of what you saw it's just your word against science's. Our minds play all sorts of tricks on us I'm sure you would agree.

Old 01-08-2023, 09:27 AM

7,616 posts, read 4,352,806 times
Quote:
It's a win for me if I keep greenhorns from falling into Christianity's maw. People don't know what they're getting themselves into when they decide to become Christian. It's like signing an eternal contract to sell your soul to the devil. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the devil is the good guy and Jesus is the bad guy, Mystic?
The title of your thread is "Contemplating my decision to leave Christianity".

Truth be told, you hate Christianity and your real discussion thread is how to stop others from believing in Christianity.

Why not label you thread correct - "Why I hate Christianity" and be done with it?

Why mask your intensions?

Old 01-08-2023, 09:56 AM

51,625 posts, read 24,952,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post

Truth be told, you hate Christianity and your real discussion thread is how to stop others from believing in Christianity.

Why not label you thread correct - "Why I hate Christianity" and be done with it?

He certainly doesn't seem to be contemplating his decision, since -- at least to me -- contemplation involves at least some degree of open-mindedness on an issue.

Old 01-08-2023, 04:21 PM

20,363 posts, read 13,755,486 times
Quote:

Is it not true that he in fact made a decision to leave Christianity?

While he pulls no punches and in my view picks odd hills to die on, I don't recall him saying he hates it.

In any case, hatred is nothing but disappointed love.

The true opposite of love is indifference. Say what you will about Thrill -- he is not indifferent about Christianity.

Old 01-08-2023, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Was I really that ambiguous? Very perceptive of you, Gal to decipher that when I said, "It's a win for me if I keep greenhorns from falling into Christianity's maw" I really meant "It's a win for me if I keep greenhorns from falling into Christianity's maw"

Well, now that my true intentions have been exposed, let me add that not only has Christianity been extremely deceptive in telling people what they insist Jesus commands them to believe, but much of what Christianity says is the truth actually turns out to be completely wrong. It's only because of a clever little tool called the Internet that we can track exactly all that went wrong in their beliefs about Yahweh and Yahweh's relation to El and why Jesus' father is actually a pagan god.

I"m preparing a thread on this topic. Stay tuned, gal.

Old 01-08-2023, 05:36 PM

7,356 posts, read 7,000,894 times
I have known the Lord since I was 7 years old when I asked him into my heart.
I am now 72 years old and love Him more every day, and know His intervention in my life regularly.
There are those that attempt to use Christianity toward their own means and it doesn't work that way.
God is not manipulated, although He will reverse judgment when it is appropriate.
People that never gave up being selfish, rarely are granted things they believe they deserve.
Jesus' example was not doing His own thing but only what his Father instructed. The only way to have the Fathers instruction is to have the Holy Spirit, "only Jesus provides" the primary influence in your life.
Any other way one might imagine is a dead end. Matthew 7; 21,22,23, Falsely calling Jesus Lord does not work.
I have not raised the dead but there have been some that were believed to be very close to death God recovered at my prayer, as well as many other extraordinary events in Jesus name.
Yes, there are some that don't recover, and that is a mystery, but there are many more that do, even a greater mystery.
I am not special I just trust God and know Jesus is real.
A man determined to reject God, God will not stop, even Jesus did not argue with people. His home town He did very little because of their unbelief.
Jesus was hated in the religious community because of His pronouncements against their hypocrisy and abuse of their religious position. They would have thrown him off a cliff but His time was not yet come, and the precise method of death had to be accomplished.
God's revelation of Himself through the life of Jesus is demonstrated His perspective of the relationship we might enjoy, creator to creation or Father to son. Jesus is the physical representation of God, to provide a means to restore some into relationship with Himself, bearing their judgment and providing the Holy Spirit, the means to communicate only a few hunger for.
I hunger for this deeper relationship.
Not that it should ever be satisfied, but that there is so much more about Him I want to know.
I look forward to Heaven.
I never thought I'd live this long, I've been spared so many times. Every day is an adventure.

Old 01-08-2023, 06:37 PM

7,616 posts, read 4,352,806 times
Quote:
Was I really that ambiguous? Very perceptive of you, Gal to decipher that when I said, "It's a win for me if I keep greenhorns from falling into Christianity's maw" I really meant "It's a win for me if I keep greenhorns from falling into Christianity's maw"

Well, now that my true intentions have been exposed, let me add that not only has Christianity been extremely deceptive in telling people what they insist Jesus commands them to believe, but much of what Christianity says is the truth actually turns out to be completely wrong. It's only because of a clever little tool called the Internet that we can track exactly all that went wrong in their beliefs about Yahweh and Yahweh's relation to El and why Jesus' father is actually a pagan god.

I"m preparing a thread on this topic. Stay tuned, gal.
Do you hate all religions? For instance, would you post anti-Jewish rhetoric? If not, why this focus on Christianity?

Old 01-08-2023, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Do you hate all religions? For instance, would you post anti-Jewish rhetoric? If not, why this focus on Christianity?

No, I don't hate all religions. Others religions have not harmed me the way Christianity has. Is that an admission I hate Christianity? I suppose on some level there is a degree of hate in the way you'd hate someone who has done harm to a family member. On some level I think of humanity as a "family" member. I mean we're all part of this gigantic family called the human race. Christianity has done some good for humanity in the arts. I mean it has inspired some incredibly monumental religious works and art. But I feel the harm it has done humanity vastly outweighs the good. It has deceived, misled and manipulated tens of billions of people to believe exactly what it wanted them to believe over the course of its 2000 year history. And those who refused to fall for the ruse--who had enough presence of mind to recognize that what Christianity was selling was a ruse--the Church ruthlessly tortured, murdered and wholesale exterminated, not to save people's souls from damnation. The real reason they murdered these people was to keep them in power and privilege and eliminate any threats it perceived to that power and privilege. When a whole race has the temerity to stand against the dominant religious hierarchy there's only one thing to be done--exterminate the entire bunch as an example of what happens when someone defies the power structure, namely the Roman Catholic Church.

I would never try to dissuade someone as deeply into Jesus and Christianity as Arleigh above for example. The harm that could be done to his psyche if he were to ever learn the truth about Christianity might destroy him and others so deeply entrenched in a religious belief that is as much a part of them as any vital organ they have. My concern is for the people contemplating joining this toxic religion and the harm it almost certainly will bring upon them. You only have to google "ex-Christians tell their stories" to hear some truly heart-wrenching testimony of how Christianity can and has wrecked people's lives. To gal's question "Do you hate all religions or just Christianity" I will say that that I don't know of any other religion that has been as brutal and has inflicted the kind of damage on civilization that Christianity has. Buddhism and B'hai and Hinduism and Confucianism havn't murdered and exterminated whole races the way Christianity has and some of them have been around much longer than Christianity.

Christianity is a perfect example of the axiom, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Old 01-09-2023, 12:28 AM

35,606 posts, read 17,533,611 times
Quote:
Christianity is a perfect example of the axiom, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
I am not Christian. However, Lord Eaton's maxim applies to Torquemada and Inquisition-era "Christianity", certainly not Christianity as now practiced in the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality