Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 11:19 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,759,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mystic, you're turning into another one of these "apologist extraordinaires" that litter this board who try to whitewash God of any and all responsibility down here for the mess He created, perpetuates and frankly completely ignores. You're no doubt terrified of the thought of standing in front of God on judgment day and having Him ask you, "Why didn't you defend My good name when that idiot Thrillobyte called me out on My ineptitude?"
I think God would be more likely to ask why Mystic wasted so much precious time in a forum like this one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I haven't followed this thread or this section of the forum much. Hardly at all. So I don't know your conception of God or religion. The concept of God I was exposed to didn't seem evil to me, so much as all too human. Jealous, ego driven, and sometimes petulant. All knowing and yet willing to conduct an exercise he knows the result of, an experiment he knows the answer to, making the suffering that occurs along the way gratuitous.

I'm not angry at God, so much as tired of him. If a 10 year old answered an important question with, "I have reasons but I can't or won't tell you what they are", I'd give him some time and motivation to prompt a better answer. If there is a God, isn't it time for him to stop this childish game of hide and seek and to confess his inadequacy and take responsibility for his choices. Human trafficking has been mentioned as one of God's "mysterious ways". How about pediatric oncology, ALS, or Dachau? I think I can still hear the sorrow there. Can he?
Get out while you still can!

Yes, the list of head-scratchers is varied and long, right up to what happens to us as when we grow old and unable to wipe our own as.., nose.

This whole Catch-22 of believing in a creator but not holding that creator responsible for what He/She created simply defies the facts, reason and logic that so many people continue to attempt in this forum. Something we humans are so good at doing when it comes to God, but not at all about to do the same with other creators. Right?

Can you imagine people buying Ford automobiles that have significant flaws or problems yet don't hold Ford Motor Company responsible?

"Hey Clem, what's up with how your Ford veers to the right, doesn't brake like it should and leaks oil all over the place? Why don't you take your car back to Ford and report those problems so they can be fixed?"

"Oh," says Clem, "Ford is not responsible for any of my car problems! Ford sure did a great job with what works though!"

Old 05-12-2020, 11:43 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,800,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think God would be more likely to ask why Mystic wasted so much precious time in a forum like this one...
"Wasted time"?

Is your vision so limited that you see this forum as ONLY about what the members, such as yourself, can read? What would make you actually believe that because *you* don't agree with what Mystic writes, it means that NO ONE ELSE WOULD, EITHER, whether reading as members or non-members?

Believe me when I tell you that God has NO PROBLEM with ANYONE who tries to spread His message.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:43 AM

2,962 posts, read 866,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think that will apply to atheists who spend countless hours rejecting God on a forum like this.
“But I ’debunked’ you on a discussion forum” will be no excuse. To the lake of fire you will go. No big deal, though, it will only be for eternity.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:06 PM

11,064 posts, read 6,011,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I think that will apply to atheists who spend countless hours rejecting God on a forum like this.
“But I ’debunked’ you on a discussion forum” will be no excuse. To the lake of fire you will go. No big deal, though, it will only be for eternity.
So this what is in store for us? Like a blind man heading toward a precipice (how you described me). If you know this is our fate then why are you not trying to save us?

Come your judgement day;

"What did you do to save them from the lake of fire?"
"Oh I just told them that's where they are heading".
"But you did nothing to convince them I am real! You saw the blind man heading toward the precipice and you did nothing to convince him it was there - you failed me".
"But they debunked you".
"You had all the evidence and proof yet you failed to present it. To the lake you go!"

Old 05-12-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
"Wasted time"?

Is your vision so limited that you see this forum as ONLY about what the members, such as yourself, can read? What would make you actually believe that because *you* don't agree with what Mystic writes, it means that NO ONE ELSE WOULD, EITHER, whether reading as members or non-members?

Believe me when I tell you that God has NO PROBLEM with ANYONE who tries to spread His message.
Another perhaps taking my comments too seriously.

Believe me, if we assume there is a God, and if we assume God is wanting people to spread His message, and if we assume Mystic is doing more good rather than harm in that respect, then you are absolutely right. God would have no problem with what Mystic is doing. And an amen to that!

An even bigger if to consider is whether anyone spending time in this forum is accomplishing any such thing or anything of consequence whatsoever! That's more the humor I had in mind when I suggested God is most likely to question how we spend our time here.

Right. Never mind...

Old 05-12-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
No doubt God is looking down very favorably on your time spent in this forum as well!

Wish I had as good a reason...

Old 05-12-2020, 01:22 PM

2,962 posts, read 866,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So this what is in store for us? Like a blind man heading toward a precipice (how you described me). If you know this is our fate then why are you not trying to save us?

Come your judgement day;

"What did you do to save them from the lake of fire?"
"Oh I just told them that's where they are heading".
"But you did nothing to convince them I am real! You saw the blind man heading toward the precipice and you did nothing to convince him it was there - you failed me".
"But they debunked you".
"You had all the evidence and proof yet you failed to present it. To the lake you go!"
God will more likely ask why I threw so many pearls to swine. Not my job to convince the defiantly unconvinceable scoffers. In such cases I’m instructed to shake the dust off my sandals and move on. All I can do is try to warn you. You are solely responsible for your own decisions in this regard.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:24 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The God I met and the one revealed and demonstrated by Jesus needs no defense against your human-derived expectations. I certainly have no fear of standing before Him. Our task here has nothing to do with our carnal existence and everything to do with our spiritual existence. We have Dominion here and it is our responses to our carnal existence that form the character of our spiritual existence. Carnality is the prison and our animal drives are the warden we need to escape from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Does it seem odd that God would so imprison us? Why would God do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God didn't. This physical Reality is the spiritual soil into which the seed of our consciousness (embryo Spirit) is planted at our birth. It's growth and development is fostered by the physical experiences that shape its character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So innocent people suffer so that they can develop a strong spiritual character, yet your god is agape love?
In what environment devoid of suffering would agape ever be fostered? Aside from what we experience as physical consequences that seem permanent, what distinguishes our conscious lives here from our dreams? How do we know it isn't all just a more complex dream environment - a spiritual Bootcamp, as it were.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:35 PM

50,941 posts, read 24,441,927 times
Quote:
God will more likely ask why I threw so many pearls to swine. Not my job to convince the defiantly unconvinceable scoffers. In such cases I’m instructed to shake the dust off my sandals and move on. All I can do is try to warn you. You are solely responsible for your own decisions in this regard.
When does that part happen?

And we really don't need you to nag us. We're big boys and girls and can think for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality