Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 01:26 PM

11,072 posts, read 6,014,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Your Heavenly Father will never let you down, amazon on the other hand....
Oh I don't know about that. Stuff you order and pay for from Amazon actually arrives. Can't say the same for 'God'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 01:35 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
If God is everything, then we're all inside God.
The universe is inside God.
But do not forget that thanks to Jesus, God is inside our consciousness to guide us as we imperfectly procreate God's consciousness.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:52 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
All religious people have blind faith.

Faith is believing the postman will show up before 2:00 PM, although sometimes it's much later than that, and usually when you're waiting on something important or that your delivery from Amazon will arrive on the day it's suppose to come, although my DVD player didn't.

Religious people have blind faith in a god-thing they've never seen, are never in communication, and have no freaking clue about anything.
I have some atheist telling me that the biosphere looking like its better classified as alive than not alive is a god thing.

so are you telling me that my claim is based on faith?

Old 05-01-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But do not forget that thanks to Jesus, God is inside our consciousness to guide us as we imperfectly procreate God's consciousness.
he is but a person in a long line of people trying to teach us our place on the Earth. Well, as you know, I like to stick to planet earth.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
he is but a person in a long line of people trying to teach us our place on the Earth. Well, as you know, I like to stick to planet earth.
If you look at it more abstractly, Arach, the fact that the Jesus narrative has been promulgated so widely throughout humanity, He IS in our consciousness as a result. Just saying.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
If you look at it more abstractly, Arach, the fact that the Jesus narrative has been promulgated so widely throughout humanity, He IS in our consciousness as a result. Just saying.
I agree with that. You and I would talk about "memes" being expressed in the body over time.

Thats why I laugh when they say they are waiting for his return ... I feel he won't be back because he (meme) never left.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I agree with that. You and I would talk about "memes" being expressed in the body over time.
Thats why I laugh when they say they are waiting for his return ... I feel he won't be back because he (meme) never left.
I knew you wouldn't miss the reference, Arach. It is handy that you do NOT have an anti-God agenda to muddle your thinking.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:08 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Quote:

Now that’s a view of the Jesus narrative that I can accept.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:13 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,956,415 times
Quote:
You're attaching your lack of experience with God to everyone who has experienced God.

Your Heavenly Father will never let you down, amazon on the other hand....

Are you kidding?????

Our "Heavenly Father" lets us down hundreds of millions of times a day around the world. Don't believe me? What problem do you have, jonesy? And don't tell us you don't have any problems. EVERYONE has problems. Go ahead and pray that your "loving" Father will solve that problem for you. Is it gone? No? Surprise, surprise!

Let's get real, folks. Christians by the millions around the world are poor, homeless, hungry, jobless, saddled with sick children who are getting close to death, ill themselves. They pray every night. What good did it do them?! They're STILL poor, homeless, hungry, jobless, saddled with sick children who are getting close to death, and ill themselves. Their "Heavenly Father" doesn't love them any more than a bum on the street does.

Quit trying to peddle this deceptive nonsense to gullible people, jones. Its not fair to give them false hope.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:34 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh I don't know about that. Stuff you order and pay for from Amazon actually arrives. Can't say the same for 'God'.
Comeback of the year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality