Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 06:21 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I wouldn't say can't...
but - it's the Law of Sowing and Reaping ---if you are sowing doubt and disinterest -
why on earth would 'it' come to you?
There has to be an opening at least that has to happen- you can say 'want' if you like...
I said think...you can say want, believe, need, pray for, ask, believe in ---whatever.

You can not slam a door closed and then expect to receive that which you desire....hahaha
and then blame God ...thought I would add that one.
like refusing to see the fig tree but complaining about the absence of figs.

Or wondering about the lack of God given common sense when the source is denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 06:24 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
true, so long as I perceive a deity as the only way to define god it will be impossible to experience it.
It's impossible for you to experience anything without your brain/perception; no one can believe in (or 'experience') a god which hasn't been taught to them/perceived by the mind first.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:29 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It's impossible for you to experience anything without your brain/perception; no one can believe in (or 'experience') a god which hasn't been taught to them/perceived by the mind first.
yup, I agree with that. That's why NDE's is life experience based.

one thing though, if a brain state is repeated, do you think it would have the memories of the previous state even without direct experience?

Old 05-02-2020, 06:31 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Your idea of what is impossible needs work. Prior to my experience, I would have said and believed what you do. Trust me, you are mistaken.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:34 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,791,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
But most who do overcome their infirmity do so with help from the Father of Lights.
WHy do I believe in God?
Because it works.
*giving a parade for jones-sy*! Yes! Yes!! YES!!! It DOES work, as you said!

I believe in God AND the bible for the same reason: Because it works. It makes sense.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your idea of what is impossible needs work. Prior to my experience, I would have said and believed what you do. Trust me, you are mistaken.
but your experience is what changed you, so it fits exactly what he said doesn't it?

Old 05-02-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
*giving a parade for jones-sy*! Yes! Yes!! YES!!! It DOES work, as you said!

I believe in God AND the bible for the same reason: Because it works. It makes sense.
I like when it makes gold doubloons.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:41 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,791,308 times
Quote:
I like when it makes gold doubloons.
LOL!! Where is the ROFLOL icon when I need it? That's not 'dissing' you, it's agreeing with you...

Old 05-02-2020, 07:22 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
I am absolutely convinced I entered the spiritual realm - aka an altered state of our Reality. The overarching consciousness matched the descriptions of the Holy Spirit described in the Jesus narrative and the unconditional love and acceptance demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. I encountered no kind of light, an angel, or otherwise. I encountered a loving and accepting consciousness that was NOT mine but encompassed mine and a multitude of others. Words are simply not adequate to describe and relate the encounter or the "knowing" that accompanied it. But for me, it was unmistakable, utterly joyful, and erased my atheism instantly. Any resemblance at all to a God who would require a blood sacrifice of an innocent ANYTHING to appease His vengeance for ANY reason or to allow Him to forgive anyone is not remotely tenable.

Mystic, it absolutely floors me that you, an otherwise seemingly extremely intelligent individual of some years (did I understand it to be 60+) can refuse to at least concede that, given these experiences of yours were done in deep trance/medication and not the result of some serious medical situation in which you lost all vital signs, it's possible they were not genuine OBE's but simply altered states of consciousness in which you imagined your spirit traveled to the spiritual world. I mean can't at least grant it's possible?

Old 05-02-2020, 07:24 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
but your experience is what changed you, so it fits exactly what he said doesn't it?
No, it doesn't, Arach. I did NOT perceive God by my mind first. I was truly an atheist with zero expectations or interest in any God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality