Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 04:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,748,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Use what as a scapegoat - and by whom? It's simply physiology.
Yes, and thats why my philosophy teachers hated me. Using "personal experience" or "totally subjective" is often used as a scape goat to avoid actually looking at whats happening. But its certifiably true that each person's thoughts are in their head.

Its kind of like when people say "no body knows so it can be a deity.".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 05:23 PM

4,660 posts, read 1,843,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Exactly the person I was thinking of, when I wrote my post, jones-ey. How about Helen Keller as another example? Or Bethany Hamilton? Or the numerous other people who are not in the news every day, but who live a life that's more closer to their own community?

Not EVERYONE who is going through some trial or tribulation believes that God is "evil" for inflicting such "pain" on them.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:33 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,601,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, I meant "all."
You have never seen god and you can't claim that you have without contradicting the biblical texts.
Contradicting Biblical texts? You must know I don't believe all of the Bible.
I don't freaking care what certain verses have said - any one can see God ---Just as Jacob did face to face. Luke 11:36
If you do not think so - you will be proven correct...because you won't.
That's Just how things work. You are right...and so am I.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:43 PM

When God is blamed for, say, blindness - what is being exhibited is a lack of seeing
the Bigger Picture...not understanding that each of use learns from all our issues, obstacles and encounters ...
and all our learning and growing, yes, through tribulations, are for one reason, ie, to wake us up to Reality to Home,
to God, to our Origins, to Heaven to vast Knowledge and Wisdom...to God-realization.

And yay!

Old 05-02-2020, 05:50 PM

4,660 posts, read 1,843,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When God is blamed for, say, blindness - what is being exhibited is a lack of seeing
the Bigger Picture...not understanding that each of use learns from all our issues, obstacles and encounters ...
and all our learning and growing, yes, through tribulations, are for one reason, ie, to wake us up to Reality to Home,
to God, to our Origins, to Heaven to vast Knowledge and Wisdom...to God-realization.

And yay!
YAAAY! *waves to Missy H.*

Old 05-02-2020, 05:51 PM

10,558 posts, read 6,235,497 times
Nope.

Theres no such thing as an atheist that rejects a god because they think the god is evil. That's just nonsense.
It's a misunderstanding of atheism.

You can't reject something you don't believe exists.
If you think there's an evil god to reject, you're not an atheist, you're something else.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:59 PM

5,463 posts, read 3,103,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Not EVERYONE who is going through some trial or tribulation believes that God is "evil" for inflicting such "pain" on them.
But most who do overcome their infirmity do so with help from the Father of Lights.
WHy do I believe in God?
Because it works.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Contradicting Biblical texts? You must know I don't believe all of the Bible.
I don't freaking care what certain verses have said - any one can see God ---Just as Jacob did face to face. Luke 11:36
You mean if they don't want it, they can't have it?

Old 05-02-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Nope.

Theres no such thing as an atheist that rejects a god because they think the god is evil. That's just nonsense.
It's a misunderstanding of atheism.

You can't reject something you don't believe exists.
If you think there's an evil god to reject, you're not an atheist, you're something else.
Theres a lot of something else goin around these days.
Title of this whole thread should clue you in.

Last edited by jonesg; 05-02-2020 at 06:15 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
You mean if they don't want it, they can't have it?
I wouldn't say can't...
but - it's the Law of Sowing and Reaping ---if you are sowing doubt and disinterest -
why on earth would 'it' come to you?
There has to be an opening at least that has to happen- you can say 'want' if you like...
I said think...you can say want, believe, need, pray for, ask, believe in ---whatever.

You can not slam a door closed and then expect to receive that which you desire....hahaha
and then blame God ...thought I would add that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality