Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 06:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,059,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There's no veridical truth in your insistence the Bible god is the true God, New. Yours is just a garden-variety assertion like we regularly see from you and other fundies. There's no veridical truth in what I say either. It's just my belief based on my observations. My observation is that there IS a Higher Power based on the complexity of the human genome. But I also observe that your Bible god does not answer prayers and this Higher Intelligence I believe in doesn't answer prayer either. But this Being has to possess immense power to create the universe. Yet we witness the most vile horrors being perpetrated on the most vulnerable and innocent among us, namely little children, who must in some part of their being wonder why atrocities are being foisted on them continuously when they pray and pray for rescue. This to me is at the very core of why I insist this Higher Intelligence at best is cold and uncaring and at worst is pure evil.
Veridical truth...Did you actually mean to say ‘truthful truth’?...Wouldn’t it be more accurate to say ‘veridical evidence’?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
too many big words for me.

I wrote my own abstract.
"God exists, now shut up."
This is why many say that the fundamentalists are severely undereducated...

Old 04-24-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But that is disrespecting the belief systems of others.

As a Thai person I can choose to be loving and serve my fellow human beings. It has nothing to do with Jesus.
You’re Thai?...As in Thailand?...

Old 04-24-2020, 07:05 AM

16,806 posts, read 5,003,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What the heck is a ‘personal creator god’?...
He is a god who creates everything, but still has time to have a relationship with it's friends, otherwise Christianity would just be another religion with followers.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:06 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,599,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Periodic Table...
not that. what it means when I say that we are in the PT's imagine?

Old 04-24-2020, 08:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,599,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I think the complexity goes a bit deeper than that.
13.7 billion words from a 4 letter alphabet, not only coded linearly but in the way its folded and the way its inserted into the cell.

I saw an MIT paper that mentioned there is quantum entanglement in DNA, they said they were puzzled by the fact there was more energy than accounted for and investigated.
I didn't feel like paying to access the full paper.
yup. something more, is by far, the most valid position today. Science and engineering speaking anyway. We don't know what it is in full but its pretty clear that anti-god to stop religion and things like a bible deity are clearly less valid positions.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Let's be honest. The atheism represented here has nothing to do with disbelief, or lack of belief. It has everything to do with a hatred and a militant opposition to anything religious, but specifically Christian.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:34 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Let's be honest. The atheism represented here has nothing to do with disbelief, or lack of belief. It has everything to do with a hatred and a militant opposition to anything religious, but specifically Christian.
Wrong. As always.

Most of the atheists here have no problem with most believers.

If there is hatred and militant opposition it is to fundies such as yourself who would inflict your sick values on all of society if you could.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
A single Byte can store 256 values, so you are only using 4 bits (GC,TA,AT or CG) but ignoring the remaining possible 252 values. A byte can store 64 base pairs in a sequence, not 1.
Very embarrassing, ignore the above, it is wrong. Lack of coffee and sleep.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:38 AM

Either

Quote:
Let's be honest.
or

Quote:
The atheism represented here has nothing to do with disbelief, or lack of belief. It has everything to do with a hatred and a militant opposition to anything religious, but specifically Christian.
It can not be both.

It is your posts that have everything to do with hatred and opposition of anything that refutes your world view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality