Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 08:35 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,906,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because they're in the FBI's hands now. Here's an interesting tidbit about how they got into the FBI's hands, through Senator Bluementhal:

"We heard from Kerry late on Thursday and submitted her summary to the Judiciary Committee early Friday,” a spokeswoman for Blumenthal said in a statement to NBC News. “After we were made to jump through several hoops that delayed our moving forward, it became clear that the majority Committee staff had not turned this summary over to the FBI and, in fact, had no intention of turning it over to the FBI. With our assistance, Kerry submitted her summary to the FBI herself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

McConnell was trying to sit on it. They claim they're giving the investigation their full support. Who do they think buys that anymore?
Submittted HER SUMMARY. Her SUMMARY. Sounds to me like the same "summary" she gave NBC.

Look, we all know how texts work. Surely she still has these infamous texts. Why not share them? She's already sharing the supposed contents, excuse me, SUMMARY, with the media, why not just share the texts themselves? For that matter, why not share the texts themselves with Blumenthal? Instead of, well, a summary.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,752,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Judge Kavanaugh was jacked up at that hearing, now that's jacked up.
Yes - that is what I would call jacked up.

"I'm GOING TO START OUT AT 11 AND TAKE UP TO 15 REAL QUICK!

I'm so tired of all this. Turned off the TV for a while

Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 PM

21,111 posts, read 8,912,969 times
Just watched on Fox's Ingraham Angle, Swetnick's ex talking about her craziness. He said she liked being the center of attention and in their seven years together she never once mentioned those rape train parties.

Next on The Ingraham Angle on Fox now, they will show Ford's yearbooks. Turn it on now.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,499,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So these people making these spurious claims as to why Ford's LACK of criminal prosecution means she is lying are just doing that to further hurt and revile the women who were already victimized initially by the perpetrator and not by the social morons who for some reason are so vindictive....

I really can't understand why WOMEN are often the most vindictive against other women who bring up allegations and cause the light to shine on men who caused the abuse...
Asking for evidence and asking why she did not report a crime, and still has not, is not furthering hurting and reviling her.

Men and women, like to be presumed innocent.

Quote:
Read an article in NYTimes I think or WaPo about a woman who was raped by her then best friend's boyfriend one night when she had been out of town and they had both been at party or club together and both had been drinking...
he offered her (the writer of the story) a "safe ride home" and then proceeded to rape her on the stairs...
He threaten that if she told his girlfriend she would not be believed--and she wasn't--because he confessed to his girlfriend and claimed he was seduced---not his fault...

So she had never forgotten his name--looked him up--saw he was married and had children--and his wife had lot of traits/attitudes that she, herself, did...to make long story short--she decided not to tell this rapist's wife what he had done...
Guess that make her feel superior to the rapist--but some of what I have read about men who rape--especially rape women they know--points to this as a power game and that they don't just do it once...
Yet in this article, both agree they know each other, she can say when it happened and where it happened, right? A hell of a lot more than Ford has. Also, it still is a he said, she said, it could very well been consensual, you and I have zero proof other than her words.

I can find articles where the woman falsely accused a man of rape, need me to show you a few?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:39 PM

17,788 posts, read 9,516,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
Let's try to understand the Process at this point.

The Senate Judicial Committee has done their Interviews, heard Testimony and VOTED to advance the Nomination of Judge Kavanaugh to the Full Senate for a Final Vote.
They have completed their Job and it is now in the Hands of the Leader of the Senate -
Mitch McConnell and his Executive Committee

Next ....... The Final Confirmation

Leader McConnell can ask for a unanimous vote in Executive Session to advance to a Senate Vote .... OR
Leader McConnell can ask on the floor of the Senate in Legislative Session to advance to a Senate Vote

Leader McConnell will ask in the Legislative Session because he knows that he would get a Filibuster in Executive Session and they can't do that in the Legislative Session.

Next comes the Senate Statements ..... all 100 of them. They can spend 30 hours doing this.
No way they will agree to vote.

Keep in mind - The Senate Judicial Committee is out of this deal - they are now just regular Senators like all the other Senators. Judge Brett Kavanaugh is out of this - no more Testimony or Hearings .... that was completed and Voted on by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The President authorized the FBI to aid the Senate with Investigations of credible questions that came up in the Senate Judicial Committee at the request of SJC members and Leader McConnell.

I expect that a report will go to the President and then to Leader McConnell - then they will review the report and do more if asked. This is pretty straight forward.

Important Points to remember:

1). Dianne Feinstein and any other US Senator can write a Million Demands/Orders to the FBI and each and every one of them is Worthless ...... AND she knows that perfectly well.

2). The Democrats are Grandstanding -- they can come up with a 100 women that will swear on Satan's pitchfork or an NBC/CBS/CNN/NYT/WashPo/ABC/NPR talking head .... which may well be the same thing ....... AND it doesn't matter. It's all Razzle-Dazzle.

3). At some point (and Leader McConnell will direct this) they will be forced to VOTE - it will be before the Mid-Term Elections for sure.

What if the Vote goes against Judge Kavanaugh?? I think President Trump re-Nominates him again and tells the American People that THEY get to vote on the next Supreme Court Justice AND the basic premise of ....... Presumption of Innocence.

President Trump will put it on the line ...... it's up to the American people in November to decide if we still have a System of Government and Judicial System that is based on Presumption of Innocence and Process ..... OR...... is it going to be Mob Rule an Trial by Mob Media.
Quote:
And weren''t you the one who previously complained about the ignorance of the American populace????
I often lament the lack of Civics Education and the apparent Grandstanding by Politicians that should know better.

What is your Point????

Old 10-01-2018, 08:42 PM

13,904 posts, read 10,209,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - but it does shed light on something that she seemed to really fixate on - the laughter "at her expense" by the two drunk guys. If she does have a long standing sense of not being given the attention or respect she felt she deserved, by her family, it makes sense that some guys laughing at her would be the most lasting and hurtful memory - even moreso than a hand supposedly put over her mouth, or someone grinding on her through several layers of clothes.
Oh for goodness' sake, a lot of women of her era weren't given the respect they deserved regarding their political views, by their families or others. Stop making more of it than it is. It's okay to be miffed by that lack of consideration. It was pretty pervasive at the time, and annoying and rude.

Just because someone remembers something differently than you (perish the thought) that doesn't make it a mountain you can erect out of a little hill a few moles built.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:44 PM

53,609 posts, read 35,559,925 times
woah lindsey

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fuctupmin...971264/video/1

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Submittted HER SUMMARY. Her SUMMARY. Sounds to me like the same "summary" she gave NBC.

Look, we all know how texts work. Surely she still has these infamous texts. Why not share them? She's already sharing the supposed contents, excuse me, SUMMARY, with the media, why not just share the texts themselves? For that matter, why not share the texts themselves with Blumenthal? Instead of, well, a summary.
Yes, so the texts themselves are MIA. Interested to see if someone can see the actual texts themselves. You know. This is a really low standard here that NBC is using to write an article on some summary some woman wrote.

Hey, earlier there was an entire article on Kavanaugh throwing ice on some drunk guy in college. An entire article.

76 posts, read 25,073 times
He threw ice. Case closed.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 PM

18,981 posts, read 9,197,363 times
https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status...67292586483712

Under the purview of DC Circuit Chief Judge — Merrick Garland.

Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies