Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,068,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Obama is not nor will he be nominated to serve on the court.
Way to miss the point.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:54 PM

37,546 posts, read 19,411,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Same could be said for the others accusing him too. See how this works? (Seriously y’all, how do you not get this?)
The FBI will find that out if it's true. If they aren't being paid, to what would you attribute their desire to humiliate themselves and relive an attack by a sexual predator in front of the world by accusing him falsely?

37,362 posts, read 60,127,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I did read the article and the link to the NBC article. Did I miss something? I did not see the texts that Mrs. Bercharm referenced. Maybe there is something to her account, but I have yet to see it... other than a memo referencing said text.

I did see this:

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said that “the texts from Ms. Berchem do not appear relevant or contradictory to Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony."

So, did the republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee Feinstein both democrats and the FBI?

The wedding photo means nothing. I've been a groomsman in a dozen or so weddings... I remember only one bridesmaid because she was the sister of a friend. The photo in and of itself means nothing.

I can say one thing conclusively.... if there is no incontrovertible evidence to support the accuser's claim, the democrats better get use to MAGA until 2024.
When has Grassley or anyone on the GOP side of the Senate Judiciary Committee WANTED to find anything negative about Kavanaugh to be "relevant or contradictory"???
That is why the woman finally had to take it to Blumenthal...

The photograph shows Debbie Ramirez about as far from Kavanaugh as she could get-
The fact that all are smiling is a 2 second concession to the wedding photographer...nothing about her real demeanor...which was to stay as far away from Kavanaugh and his "bros" as she could according to a woman who was there...and whom Debbie Ramirez stayed with most of the time...

The fact that KAVANAUGH wanted it (of someone he vaguely remembered but knew who to go to for the photo) to use as a weapon to claim they were not adversaries after the Yale assault means that he knew what was coming--directly knowledge and action anticipating Ramirez could "out" his behavior and he had to be ready to head that off ASAP
So he definitely had a game plan because he knew he did it and he had to be ready if she called him on it...
HE asked for the PHOTO before the story came out in The Atlantic--
HE remembered the wedding party--and I don't remember Debbie Ramirez story really talking about seeing Kavanaugh later on at that wedding and how uncomfortable he made her--maybe it was there--but I didn't remember it--
So HIS memory of the event (both of them) was stronger than Ramirez's...

These are shabby tricks the GOP is playing--
first of all because they demean the process the JUDICIAL committee is supposed to uphold...
They prove the GOP at least has learned NOTHING since the Anita Hill case more than 30 yrs ago to their shame.
Second because they show that the Senators are incapable of actually deciding on the QUALITY of a judicial nominee vs his political necessity...and Kavanaugh IS a necessity to Trump...he needs Kavanaugh to protect him from Mueller in the near future...Trump doesn't care about Roe v Wade as the evangelicals do--
He wants someone who believes POTUS can't be subpoenaed or charged while in the Oval Office...

Third because they are idiots--
The info is out there or as the X Files always said "The Truth is Out There"...
And sooner or later it is going to come home to roost---

Kavanaugh is likely going to lose his appellate seat (YEAH!) because of this...

11,011 posts, read 11,068,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Your entire post was excellent, but this paragraph sums up why so many women don't come forward. Many of the posters here are representative of the kind of judgement women who come forward face. They have declared her unstable (it's her fault this happened) or that this is all staged (she's lying).

Blame the victim mentality is alive and well here, even in light of classmates of Kavanaugh coming forward and claiming he is lying. They will continue to blame the victim.
Yes, we woman are so horrible for insisting on equal treatment and insisting on silly things like evidence when making accusations that could ruin a person’s life. We’re just too weak and frail, right?

18,982 posts, read 9,126,653 times
Quote:
It's not about being an idiot, its about whether he lied about his behavior under oath in his testimony. If he did that is disqualifying.
But that's the thing. I don't think these Kavanaugh supporters do think lying under oath disqualifies him. That's what I find the most disturbing.

2,083 posts, read 1,097,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftists have not accepted yet that they cannot force Judge Kavanaugh to "withdraw" and it's clear that President Trump will not drop him ...... BUT, they keep trying because it's in their Playbook and they have no other options.

It's REALLY rough on the Leftists to see a Republican President that won't cave. A Judge they attempted to destroy that won't cave, a wife who understands this is a battle they can't abandon and a bunch of Deplorables that are FED-UP and will fight on.

It's 2018 ..... not 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 ......
Brilliant!

8,725 posts, read 7,454,166 times
Quote:
Your entire post was excellent, but this paragraph sums up why so many women don't come forward. Many of the posters here are representative of the kind of judgement women who come forward face. They have declared her unstable (it's her fault this happened) or that this is all staged (she's lying).

Blame the victim mentality is alive and well here, even in light of classmates of Kavanaugh coming forward and claiming he is lying. They will continue to blame the victim.
Lol, asking about things now, about accusations, is now "victim blaming" and "bullying". What, not allowed to ask questions of accusers any more?

Her story gaps are very convenient, as they are critical gaps that could bolster, but disprove, her accusation. She left out important things that people may have a possibility of checking, like a date and location.

Quote:
It's not about being an idiot, its about whether he lied about his behavior under oath in his testimony. If he did that is disqualifying.
They did not ask him about this bar fight, did they?

17,569 posts, read 9,358,859 times
Quote:
So now its come out that this belligerent drunk was in a bar fight in which the police were called.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-says-jmqwga1s
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/u...bar-fight.html

This is the best Rs could come up with for SCOTUS?
So ..... I guess that's about the 6th allegation reported by the Leftist News in the last 24 hours.
So far ..... I haven't seen the famous Texts, I haven't see the Police Reports, I've just seen a lot of allegations - including a Rape in a car.

Any idea of what's on deck for tomorrow??
I'm still holding out for a charge of Murder and a body buried in his backyard.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:57 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,456,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They did not ask him about this bar fight, did they?
There were several questions of the sort basically saying did he ever drink so much he lost control. He never acknowledged that he did.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,393,718 times
Quote:

I know these threads are long, but I must have missed where ANYONE said that it's Ford's fault if any sexual assault occurred.

But to be honest, we don't know what the truth is, do we? We know what our opinions are, but no one knows the truth because frankly, no evidence has been presented one way or the other. I mean, no one but Ford and Kavanaugh.

I have even explicitly said I believe that SOMETHING happened to Ford, and I would go so far as to say she may BELIEVE that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her. I don't blame her for either scenario just to be clear.

I do blame any grown up woman for speaking with vocal fry though - or anyone for that matter. That gets on my last nerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies