Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 PM

37,352 posts, read 60,121,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
You're a good little soldier. You got your lines just right! They are laughable of course to grown ups, but your delivery is on point.
Yes--better than Brett''s.....

10,512 posts, read 5,201,872 times
Saw this anonymous comment posted elsewhere. I think it's 100% on target:

Instead of deflecting, dodging, acting belligerent and lying before the Judiciary Committee about his drinking habits, Kavanaugh should have just admitted last week that back in the day, he was indeed a party animal and got drunk but never assaulted any women. It would have greatly reduced most (not all but most) of what you see happening now.
He lied during his Fox interview and more importantly, he lied last week under oath. Kavanaugh basically disqualified himself and he only has himself to blame.

11,011 posts, read 11,067,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The victim was bleeding from the head and transported to hospital. A real fight. Not comical.
Sorry, it was pretty weak for a bar fight. Besides, Kavanaugh didn’t hit the guy, Dudley did. Kavanaugh threw ice - ohhhh so bad. Please.

76 posts, read 24,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I wonder how many people here have thrown a drink at someone. I haven't. And I can't think of anybody I know who has. It's the act of someone who isn't in control of their emotions. Or is blind drunk. Or both.
Did you read the report? Not even the "victim" in this fight accused Kavanaugh of throwing a drink at him or hitting him with a glass.

Why do you think he was telling a lie back then?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,067,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I wonder how many people here have thrown a drink at someone. I haven't. And I can't think of anybody I know who has. It's the act of someone who isn't in control of their emotions. Or is blind drunk. Or both.
Well. That’s a stretch of epic proportions.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:37 PM

21,532 posts, read 10,662,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The FBI will find that out if it's true. If they aren't being paid, to what would you attribute their desire to humiliate themselves and relive an attack by a sexual predator in front of the world by accusing him falsely?
Uh...the balance of the Court for a generation? Abortion rights? Just a guess...

Old 10-01-2018, 10:37 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,513,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Did you read the report? Not even the "victim" in this fight accused Kavanaugh of throwing a drink at him or hitting him with a glass.?
You're not doing Kavanaugh any favors by claiming he drank the liquor in the glass before throwing the ice at Dom C.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:38 PM

14,066 posts, read 8,219,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Semantics--
The guy he hit was bleeding from the ear--that is assault
If it has been persued and Kavanaugh was adjudicated and found drunk and disorderly and guilty of assault
He could have found himself blocked out of law school or not allowed to take the bar

They took things like law students getting drunk and causing fights in bars seriously back then
A person had to be "of good character and sound judgement" to stand for the bar
Even having an illegitimate child could be reason to turn someone down...

So while you might downgrade the offense, if it had been someone who wanted to get Kavanaugh into trouble, then since his mom was not a judge in THAT TOWN, and his dad was a lobbyist in DC--not local--
He could have found himself in some difficulty
But because they were wealthy and had clout (which is one reason he got into Yale in the first place) they likely could have smoothed it over for Brett, single son and heir...
Like they did anything he got caught by local police having too much fun at a party...

Sorry but this gone from sexual assault charge to attempting to keep him off the bench because there was a barroom altercation in which Kavanaugh wasn't arrested

I understand this is designed to prove his temperament is unfit for a seat on the ussc but it's not going to fly

Why? it can't be proven Kavanaugh started the beef

And most importantly he wasn't charged with anything.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 PM

7,847 posts, read 4,600,361 times
Quote:
Hot headed Kavanaigh reacted to a comment by throwing his drink (don't tell me it was water) and ice at Dom Cozzolino. A fight ensued and Kavanaigh's buddy Dudley ended it by clobbering Cozzolino with a glass or mug sending him to hospital. Not comical.
Interesting The White House has released statements from Dudley vouching for Kav's character. More interesting is Dudley's sense of morality, as reported in 2010 when it came to light he was claiming residence in Washington state for tax purposes (no personal income tax) while using his home in Oregon more than allowed to avoid paying Oregon taxes. This was when he ran for Oregon Governor.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...d_using_p.html

Choir boys. Each and every one of 'em....

Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,300,001 times
Quote:
So what?

He said he drank in college.

Who didn't? Mother Teresa?

I was at a club in my very early "just turned 21" year and some dumb college girl tossed a glass at another dumb "townie" girl (on the dance floor & at a bar where UPenn students frequented)...I saw it & guess what? MY name is on that police report.

Means NOTHING.

This is the "week of investigation" the left wanted...to dig more S*HIT up that they think matters.

All the left has done is pull folks out of their "ho-hum" feelings about mid-terms. And not who they wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies