Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,482,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
OMG, BK threw a glass of ice at someone when he was 19 years old. I STAND AMAZED.

What will we find out next? This is so much fun!

Old 10-01-2018, 10:12 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,874,055 times
If I want to watch a circus I generally prefer Barnum and Bailey...not the US Senate.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are talking about a high school incident. Let’s here from the guys in that school.

Well, you're right because we sure haven't heard anything from that Judge guy.

But if Ford's yearbook as well as Kavanaugh's are any indication of the level of partying and drinking, I have a feeling that just about everyone in those social circles was drinking like fish - and their parents apparently thought it was pretty cute.

My parents would have whupped my arse.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,098,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Second guessing is not bullying, and anyone will second guess someone when they come with an accusation and no proof and lacking details, whether it is sexual assault or stealing a cookie.

Her personal knowledge is the worse evidence because it is not even evidence, I can say you sexually assaulted me, and I have just as much proof of it as she does.

Just because a person is a woman, does not mean now presumption of innocence goes out the window. No different than is I blamed a woman for sexually assaulting me (a guy), I better have some proof of some sorts, and more details than Ford ever presented.

Same reason why only right wing speakers have mass protests against them, even to the point the hosts cancel the event...
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You reap what you sow. When you run around spouting hate speech, no one wants to give you a platform. No surprises there, unless you're a republican.
But who gets to decide what is hate speech? Who gets to decide what the platform is? Who gets to decide what people have a right to listen to or to read or to watch? Apparently the Dems, the left, Antifa, all the same at times with all the protesters, get to decide for everyone. If you don’t agree with what they say or what they think you should say or believe you are then a racist hateful pig. Then they protest, harass and threaten you and your family, attempt to destroy your business, your reputation, even physically maim or attempt to kill you. I’d like to be able to attend conservative events and listen to any speaker I choose without being bombed or having a brick thrown at my head or set on fire.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,921,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Shrug. Rather sedate compared to most the bar fights I have seen. What I did see in the article's own headline.
Kavanaugh questioned.
Kavanaugh accused of starting the bar fight.

What wasn't in the article was Kavanaugh charged.
So where is the conviction?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:15 PM

32,315 posts, read 15,261,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, you're right because we sure haven't heard anything from that Judge guy.
Well he talked to fbi finally

Old 10-01-2018, 10:15 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,461,425 times
Lol, that is it? That is the "big, bloody bar fight"? Goodness wow, that is a non-issue, that is actually nothing.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,921,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Of course they don't think it would
Trump lies to them all the time
And either they are too gullible to notice or too enamoured of the cult to care...
Sigh.
So did Obama and the left was fine with it.
So did Hillary and the left was fine with it.
In fact every career politician alive lies and hardliners are fine with it as long as it is their party.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lol, that is it? That is the "big, bloody bar fight"? Goodness wow, that is a non-issue, that is actually nothing.
Not only that - but though some people are saying that K threw a beer in a guy's face, apparently the report says he threw ice in a guy's face. Ice. Who drinks beer with ice in it? Yuck.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 PM

21,557 posts, read 10,683,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
One of the guys from Georgetown Prep who commented about Kavanaugh lying about his choir boy lifestyle at Georgetown Prep mentioned that the Kennedy boys--sons of Robert and Ethel went there--and had massive drunken parties at their family home--and that there were security guards at the parties helping unload the liquor...
This was several years after Kavanaugh was graduated--
And the death of Douglass (I think) Kennedy was the event that finally caused the drugs and drinking to become more UNCOMMON, vs common...

I don't know if that death is really what did it or just the development of more social media and inquisitive news media that wasn't stonewalled because someone's son and heir was the comatose drunken body on the lawn of a beach rental...

But Kavanaugh tried to make himself sound like some guy pulled up by his own hard work and he was born to priviledge--his dad was a successful lobbyist and his mom was a local judge--
He had money and priviledge--was at one of the most expensive and prestigious prep schools in the country--
His grandfather went to Yale so he was a legacy candidate more than most -- not the guy who earned his shot like he wanted people to think from his comment
He has always been someone who presents a Janus face--
The earnest scholar, doing service work and athletics---to parents and other adults
The party-hearty, jock who pushes boundaries and gets away with it around his friends...
All the privilege in the world doesn’t get you to the top 15% of the class at Yale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies