Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:40 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,968,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
So let's concentrate for a second on what's actually proven at this point:

1. Toddler-like temperament during hearing

2. Not being truthful under oath

That should be (more than) enough
1. Easy for you to say, you weren't accused with no evidence to back it. You weren't presumed guilty by the entire democrat party. I would be outraged if it happened to me or someone I cared about. I wonder how the nay sayers out there would react if they felt they were being railroaded? Their families threatened and an entire political party attacking them based upon a weak accusation with 0 witnesses, 0 evidence and 0 motive.

2. Maybe, but I see bigger lies told everyday by people like Waters, Pelosi, Reid, Hillary Clinton, Obama and just about every career politician on both sides of the aisle. Tell us, do you hold your own to that same standard?

What's been proven to me.
1. This is a partisan hatchet job, the case is so weak that no prosecutor would even entertain the notion of trying to prosecute the case.
The standard being used by the left is so hypocritical as to be almost beyond words. It makes me ashamed of my country.

2. Dishonesty. The democrats have no moral high ground in this regard either. This was all about delaying the pick until after the mid terms.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:40 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The Duke Lacrosse case was certainly a case of libel
NVA I am not as familiar with

But there are people who went to Yale with Kavanaugh who have come out to disagree with his self-praising description of his college/law school years...
So that part of her statement is not accurate...
One woman who initially signed that first supportive letter of like 60 women was the Renata who was disparaged in the Georgetown Prep yearbook by Kavanaugh and other "bros" and Kavanaugh lied about what those references about her meant
And pretty ineffectively IMO
The woman was told by guys who KNEW what it meant--who were at Georgetown w/Kavanaugh
UVA was a woman who lied about being gang raped at a fraternity. Only reason they were able to prove their innocence was she gave a date for the party and turns out they didn’t even have a party that night and she got details wrong. Further investigation proved she was lying. They were ready to lynch those boys (media, school, women’s group, etc) - all the same crowd as here ready to destroy Kavanaugh - all based on just an accusation.

There are people who went to Yale with Kavanaugh who came out to refute those people saying he was some drunken mess. So which one is telling the truth? Are you finally understanding how this works? (Probably not but worth a try)

Old 10-01-2018, 09:41 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So now its come out that this belligerent drunk was in a bar fight in which the police were called.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-says-jmqwga1s

This is the best Rs could come up with for SCOTUS?
Yes, he threw a cup of ice at a drunk guy. Off with his head!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:42 PM

8,534 posts, read 3,428,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftists have not accepted yet that they cannot force Judge Kavanaugh to "withdraw" and it's clear that President Trump will not drop him ...... BUT, they keep trying because it's in their Playbook and they have no other options.

It's REALLY rough on the Leftists to see a Republican President that won't cave. A Judge they attempted to destroy that won't cave, a wife who understands this is a battle they can't abandon and a bunch of Deplorables that are FED-UP and will fight on.

It's 2018 ..... not 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 ......
I'm not sure that is clear. Supposedly (MSM reporting a few days back, no handy cite) Trump was so taken with Ford's testimony that he considering withdrawing Kavanaugh's nomination until horrified aides talked him down.

Then Kavanaugh testified with - perhaps most important - Graham charging to the rescue with the narrative that unsupported allegations are dangerous (a point which is both valid and relevant) ...

... and so Trump held. At least for now for one never knows with Trump.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:42 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,515,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, he threw a cup of ice at a drunk guy. Off with his head!
No one is suggesting his behavior merits execution, merely that there could be better candidates for SCOTUS justice than this.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,906,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The Kennedy boys would have gone to GP many years BEFORE Kavanaugh, not after.

And it was David who died if a drug overdose.
Right - and it was Ford's yearbooks I was reading - long, elaborate passages about partying, picking up guys, drinking till passing out, drinking games, photos of booze and underage drinking, girls in Playboy bunny costumes, racism...it's not a pretty picture. Fast Times at Holton Arms Private Girls School.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:45 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,968,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Not for the GOP. They have no values anymore.
Obviously you haven't noticed the actions of the democrat party over the last 20 years or so, otherwise you would have included them in your condemnation.

Not for the GOP or the Democrats. They have no values anymore.
There I fixed it for you

Old 10-01-2018, 09:46 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,499,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So now its come out that this belligerent drunk was in a bar fight in which the police were called.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-says-jmqwga1s
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/u...bar-fight.html

This is the best Rs could come up with for SCOTUS?
A police report should be easy to obtain then and see the details. A person can be in a fight and it not be there fault. He was not arrested, so, seems it was not serious at all. Basically, who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
UVA was a woman who lied about being gang raped at a fraternity. Only reason they were able to prove their innocence was she gave a date for the party and turns out they didn’t even have a party that night and she got details wrong. Further investigation proved she was lying. They were ready to lynch those boys (media, school, women’s group, etc) - all the same crowd as here ready to destroy Kavanaugh - all based on just an accusation.

There are people who went to Yale with Kavanaugh who came out to refute those people saying he was some drunken mess. So which one is telling the truth? Are you finally understanding how this works? (Probably not but worth a try)
Yea, wrong date, good lesson for anyone wanting to make a false accusation; not give date as you have no idea what the person you accused was doing that day.

And I remember the UVA thing, everyone found them guilty right away, it is i fact the same thing going on now with Kavanaugh, we must believe her because she is a woman, questioning her and asking for proof is bullying and victim blaming.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:46 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,269,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Unlikely. I think he'll be lucky to remain a judge at all when all is said and done. Lying under oath should absolutely be disqualifying for a judge.

As to the OP's question regarding Ford's family, they probably don't want to become fodder for the media circus. I know I would try to shield my family from that if I could.

Or I guess it could be one of your conspiracy theories.
What proof have you got he lied under oath?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 PM

14,321 posts, read 8,426,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftists have not accepted yet that they cannot force Judge Kavanaugh to "withdraw" and it's clear that President Trump will not drop him ...... BUT, they keep trying because it's in their Playbook and they have no other options.

It's REALLY rough on the Leftists to see a Republican President that won't cave. A Judge they attempted to destroy that won't cave, a wife who understands this is a battle they can't abandon and a bunch of Deplorables that are FED-UP and will fight on.

It's 2018 ..... not 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 ......
Exactly. They are going crazy Trump and the Republicans won't cave under the ongoing media barrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies