Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM

18,981 posts, read 9,197,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Kavanaugh lied under oath many times? Don't be silly.

Meanwhile, Ford lied by saying Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her, all her witnesses have testified that she made false statements, and lied.
Why do you keep repeating this lie? No one who was not in that room can say whether she lied or didn't lie. They were not there.

11,113 posts, read 19,708,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Kavanaugh's judicial demeanor, clearly, was never put to the test. As we can now see, it's quite thin.
"
When were you appointed judge and jury in this matter ?

His "judicial" demeanor is not subject to the ramblings on this thread. His life, reputation, career, and the lives of his family are.

I know it's difficult to wait for a decision that agrees with your premise, but hang in there.

38,847 posts, read 22,717,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
If he lied, committed perjury, then where are the charges? I thought the Dems wanted to get rid of him.
That's one reason to have him testify under oath, so everything he says is a potential perjury trap. If he does not have a perfect memory - LIAR? It's all a big sham.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:07 AM

19,054 posts, read 7,900,419 times
What excuses for delaying the USSC vote will Dems come up with next, after the 1-wk FBI inv. they demanded is finished?

Diane Feinstein just came up with another one. "I don't think one week is enough. I mean, we have to get the data together!"

Of course, she knew that when Democrats were duping Flake into going with the one-week investigation. But now she's trying to pretend she just realized it.

So, what will be the excuse after this one, to delay even further?

Old 10-02-2018, 11:08 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,342,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
By going along with those things, Conservatives have normalized this kind of behavior. Lying, cheating people, assaulting women, dissing your own intelligence agencies so you can suck up to enemies of America--these are what passes for being a good patriotic Conservative these days.

This thread is ample proof of that.

yeah, and the party of Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and Obama is the party of honesty, always telling the truth, respecting women, and not making deals with our "enemies"

the same party that always questioned the FBI and our intel in the war on terror......now, all of the sudden you could never question those intel agencies........the same party that wanted Comey fired in how he treated Hillary weeks before a Presidential....now that same party has amnesia, now those agencies are good and Comey is their hero.

you look at the word hypocrisy in the dictionary you will find the DNC Logo.

9,837 posts, read 4,691,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Seems a lot of people were either too young, or do not remember, how Hillary was the most hated first lady there was, and that follows her everywhere.
NO,

She was vilified by Republicans when she fought to get public healthcare for kids. They hated that she managed to crack open the healthcare door for American kids.

From the day Hillary started her work that resulted CHIP (btw you repubs love CHIP now it just took you 30 years to catch up) republicans started to attack her and demonize her . How dare a clever and strong woman try to help our kids. Republicans never stopped attacking Hillary for her crime of getting healthcare coverage for little kids.

38,847 posts, read 22,717,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why do you keep repeating this lie? No one who was not in that room can say whether she lied or didn't lie. They were not there.

It's not a lie. Every single one of Ford's witnesses say she made a false statement, nothing she said was true.

Ford claimed her best friend, Leland Ingham was there with Kavanaugh at the party. Leland testified under oath that she not only never remembers anything like what Ford says happened, but she denied ever meeting Kavanaugh.

From ford's opening statement:

In my freshman and sophomore school years, when I was 14 and 15 years old, my group of friends intersected with Brett and his friends for a short period of time. I had been friendly with a classmate of Brett’s for a short time during my freshman year, and it was through that connection that I attended a number of parties that Brett also attended.

And her best friend Leland Ingham swore under oath, and denies having ever met Bret Kavanaugh.

Christine Ford has zero credibility, no one corroborates anything she says.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:09 AM

18,981 posts, read 9,197,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's one reason to have him testify under oath, so everything he says is a potential perjury trap. If he does not have a perfect memory - LIAR? It's all a big sham.
Hilarious. You are the one saying that because Ford does not have a perfect memory she is lying. But if Kavanaugh's memory is not perfect, that's a "perjury trap?" Unreal.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,535,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Grassley's move is a not-so-covert message to Judge and others that if they change their testimony when they speak to the FBI they will be prosecuted.
Like these elite prep school educated people don't already know that lol.

Guess that's also why FBI was given ability to offer them immunity as well.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:11 AM

17,532 posts, read 11,584,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
yeah, and the party of Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and Obama is the party of honesty, always telling the truth, respecting women, and not making deals with our "enemies"

you look at the word hypocrisy in the dictionary you will find the DNC Logo.
Somehow you forgot to mention the not so photogenic Anthony Weiner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies