Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 10:24 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,965,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
At this point in time, I really don't care about Kavanaugh's conduct over 35 years ago. Although it was and is reprehensible and Ford will be emotionally scarred for the rest of her life, accountability for his actions should have taken place many years ago, IMO.
The real issue is the fact that Kavanaugh has proven himself to be unfit for the SCOTUS with his Senate testimony. He showed the nation he does not have the temperament, gravitas nor non partisan judgement skills necessary for the position.
The man has demonstrated that he is a partisan, biased, loose cannon unfit to be a judge in any judicial system.

As with all high powered individuals, it's never the crime that brings them down. it's the lying and cover up attempt after the fact that does them in.
It should sink Kavanaugh the same way it sunk Nixon and a host of other high powered individuals. It will ultimately sink Trump also.
I am no fan of Kavanaugh and don't care if he is selected or not. That isn't my fight.
My fight is how the Dems as a party first withheld accusations to delay the process, then basically called a man guilty based upon unsupported accusations. No proof. No evidence and the witnesses flat out denied Ford's version. That is my issue in all of this.

8,534 posts, read 3,428,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Which none were under the penalty of perjury for lying. Mark Judge should have been subpoenaed to appear in front of the Judiciary Committee since he was named in the issue and wrote a book about being a Gen X drunk. How they didn't include it proves how much of a Republican ramrod this has been.
Really? That surprises me for it is Judge who is key. With this new investigation he now will at least be interviewed by the FBI with (I believe) only providing a signed letter of some sorts earlier. Any false statements to the FBI won't be subject to penalty? For, yes, why in the world go through an investigation but not obtain sworn testimony from the key witness?

Pretty hard to reconcile that with concern about Judge Kavanaugh's reputation.

2,528 posts, read 1,673,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why do think that Kavanaugh's and Judge's denials are more reliable than her claims? Have they provided any evidence that they were elsewhere during that time?
What time for gods sake? Do you have a date?

9,837 posts, read 4,691,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Politicians have been getting a pass on lying (by their supporters) forever. Trump is a liar but he surely is not the first. Remember "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" lie?? ring a bell? They all lie.

8 years and that is all you guys got.

1 statement where a promise that Obama was unable to keep is called a lie.

that is the proof of just how bad and ugly the Republicans have become. In order to pretend Trump's lies are OK, you guys have all been trained to repeat the propaganda that Obama "lied".

Remember LIsanicole, Obama did not lie, he simply could not deliver, and your republican buddies decided that made it a lie because they lacked things to attack Obama with. If Obama was a liar you guys would have dozens of his lies to repeat, but Ya don't because he was not.

Republicans wear the black hats, they are the ones who STOLE Obama's seat, they are the ones trying to force America to accept a hyper partisan extremist on the SCOTUS and they are doing it after removing the requirement for 60 votes. Garland was held up for over a YEAR by Mitch, and your party is crying and whining that Americans want a mere few weeks to ensure Brett is not a rapist. .......

btw i never voted dem until bush's second term when it turned out he had started the Iraq war based on lies.....

Old 10-02-2018, 10:25 AM

17,778 posts, read 9,516,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wrong. Her sister-in-laws have been interviewed on TV.
Her sister in laws are not the same as HER family.
It appears that most of her husband's family support her ..... they are all quite Left wing and certainly never knew Chrissy when she was a teenager.

I personally thought that it was more than odd that her Husband didn't come to D.C. with Ford to be with her at the hearing.

Perhaps he has that claustrophobic fear of flying.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:26 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,965,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It's like you cut and pasted this out of a talking points email. lol
Yeah I am waiting on the proof of that alleged behavior of 35 years ago. I can believe the partying and drinking we pretty much all did it. The rest? Well no one seems to recall any raping, pillaging or anything else including Ford's own witnesses.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:27 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,048,742 times
"Hero" Survivors Who Confronted Jeff Flake Work For Soros-Funded Nonprofit

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...nded-nonprofit

13,778 posts, read 9,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It's like you cut and pasted this out of a talking points email. lol

Actually, I composed it on the spot strictly out of my head while cooking up a breakfast of waffles, eggs and sausage.

If what you say is true, I feel even better about the post as it validates my judgement of the issue as others are thinking and writing the same thing I'm thinking.

Thanks

2,818 posts, read 1,575,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
His rabid partisanship greatly reflects that of how the Dems came out pronouncing him guilty. If I were him I would have felt the same way and any sane person would. After all he has been accused and the Dems star witnesses can't even name a place, time and her own witnesses don't support her story. Yet that was good enough for the democrat party to destroy the man's name.

As for the lies. I have not debated that and won't now. My issue is attacking someone without a shred of proof. I don't feel our elected reps should be allowed to do that. That sets a nasty precedent that might become the norm. It is how developing countries disease justice.
Example you ask?
The Philippines war on drugs. Accuser says that person is a drug dealer. Bang Justified murder.
How about Iran taking hikers prisoner and accusing them of being spies?
Oh closer to home you say? How many black men were hanged down south for Rapes they didn't commit simply because little Jenny didn't want to admit to loving a black man?
This is beyond ridiculous. You're going to blame the Democrats for his insane (not even remotely "sane") partisan rants--at the very beginning of his hearing--when none of them "pronounced him guilty."

Of course you won't address the lies, because they don't fit into the logic of the right-wing narrative.

And to equate the fate (in any direction) of privileged, white boy Kavanaugh with hanged Black men in the South? Oh my god, no words.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 AM

3,847 posts, read 2,008,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
8 years and that is all you guys got.

1 statement where a promise that Obama was unable to keep is called a lie.

that is the proof of just how bad and ugly the Republicans have become. In order to pretend Trump's lies are OK, you guys have all been trained to repeat the propaganda that Obama "lied".

Remember LIsanicole, Obama did not lie, he simply could not deliver, and your republican buddies decided that made it a lie because they lacked things to attack Obama with. If Obama was a liar you guys would have dozens of his lies to repeat, but Ya don't because he was not.

Republicans wear the black hats, they are the ones who STOLE Obama's seat, they are the ones trying to force America to accept a hyper partisan extremist on the SCOTUS and they are doing it after removing the requirement for 60 votes. Garland was held up for over a YEAR by Mitch, and your party is crying and whining that Americans want a mere few weeks to ensure Brett is not a rapist. .......

btw i never voted dem until bush's second term when it turned out he had started the Iraq war based on lies.....
Are you telling me that Trump is the first President that ever lied? Seriously!!?? Yes, Trump is liar. But to say he started this trend is ridiculous. Ever hear the saying "How do you know a politician is lying", Answer: "His/her mouth is moving"?? I have heard that way before 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies