Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 PM

76 posts, read 25,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
2 Of Brett Kavanaugh’s Former Classmates Withdraw Support For Him

Two former Yale law school classmates of Brett Kavanaugh’s who previously vouched for him wrote to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday to say they are withdrawing their support for him because of “the nature” of his recent testimony.

...the lack of judicial temperament displayed on September 27 hearing, cause us to withdraw our support.”

“The reason for our withdrawal is not the truth or falsity of Dr. Ford’s allegations, which are still being investigated, but rather was the nature of Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony,” they write. “In our view that testimony was partisan, and not judicious, and inconsistent with what we expect from a Justice of the Supreme Court, particularly when dealing with a co-equal branch of government.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda994495
Another cool story for a looney left "news" outlet. In other news, 100 or more other Yale classmates (who also do not matter one iota to this process) continue to vouch for Kavanaugh.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:56 PM

25,271 posts, read 13,522,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Haha, a new line from the left. The transcripts are being faked.

Dear lord, are you for real?
lol .. nothing is beneath the left, it seems.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:00 PM

18,017 posts, read 13,857,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
On July 8th 45 out of 49 Democrat Senators announced that no matter what happened they would do everything possible to prevent Kavanaugh be selected to SCOTUS.

Nothing in the FBI investigation that clears him would change these votes. Period.
Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.....NOT

Okay, let me get this straight......

Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.....NOT

Ok, not a gang rapist, but a serial rapist.....NOT

Not a serial rapist, but a rapist.....NOT

Ok, not a rapist, but a blackout drunk.....NOT

Not a blackout drunk, but an alcoholic....NOT

Not an alcoholic, but he drinks beer.

Ok, he just threw ice at somebody once in the 80s.

And the 'Dim'ocrats' think this is enough to disqualify a brilliant judge with a long stellar record on the Bench who has gone through many previous FBI investigation without a blemish. Tell me where the sanity is in all this.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:03 PM

25,632 posts, read 56,816,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Scorched earth is what Democrats are doing. Why did Feinstein sit on the allegations? Why didn't she go through the normal channels for such an allegation? Who released it to the media? What ANY American should be concerned about it is an allegation that brings down a political opponent. It's sick. The fact that you think it is ok, tells me a lot about you.
And, the fact that you can't be bothered to READ tells me a lot about you because I clearly stated a few posts above yours that I was NOT OK with it - but, naturally your partisan bias ASSUMES THE WORST.

Read again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I don't like the process this took. If, in fact, Feinstein et al. maneuvered this into the public arena when it could have been handled privately, it's corrupt politics for sure and has done enormous harm to many people.

That said, I've never believed what happened in HS/College should haunt a person their entire life. That also said, I believe Christine Ford but don't believe at this late date that allegation is meaningful.

I also believed Kavanaugh when he raged at the Democrat conspiracy and Clintons and was downright rude to some of the Democrat Senators - to whom he is, in fact subordinate, as they are his employers conducting a job interview.

So, while I hate the way this went - one good thing came out of it.

Kavanaugh revealed himself.

There can now be NO DOUBT on which side of the political spectrum Kavanaugh lies and we can also have NO DOUBT he will NEVER BE an IMPARTIAL ARBITER when deciding any suit brought by Democrats.

So, we will have an OUTED STOOGE on the SC.

That's what you call Making America Grossly Awful.
You are exactly WHY there is divisiveness and bias in this country - you do NOT LISTEN.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:06 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,535,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The left is admitting it doesn't matter if he did it. Their new line is "he got mad when we accused him of it so he's unfit for office". They are conceding that the accusations themselves were just a means to end end when they say that.

Had he not gotten angry at the accusations they'd be saying "if I got falsely accused of something like this I'd be mad as hell. Why isn't he angry? Someone with no human emotion is not fit to be a judge" or "He's not getting angry because he knows he's guilty".

It's literally "say anything" at this point.
Let's not forget, that's exactly what they did say when he was very calm during the Fox News interview.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:12 PM

17,788 posts, read 9,516,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The vote will be this week. That's what I meant by shortly afterward. BTW, the committee handed it over to the Senate days ago.
Friday - September 28

Clock is running

Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,460,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
You lefties don't even try to keep up do you. Prove your claim he lied under oath. I will give you a hint, you can't because you are wrong. Read his actual testimony, not what the leftwing MSM tells you it said. Intellectual honesty will set you free of these shackles you so happily inhabit.
Most of us watched Him and listened to Him.
The White House regularly alters transcripts to creat fake news. That s why Trump uses the term so often. He is doing it.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 PM

22,333 posts, read 9,920,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Any update on the Kavanaugh throwing ice at someone while at Yale story?
Yeah, it was cold.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:15 PM

17,788 posts, read 9,516,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Any update on the Kavanaugh throwing ice at someone while at Yale story?
YUP ..... it's IceGate and apparently it's in the Constitution that "thou shall not throw Ice".
Serious, Serious Business

Old 10-02-2018, 07:18 PM

39,243 posts, read 51,790,778 times
It took him a couple days, but Trump got around to mocking and ridiculing Ford at his rally tonight. Kvnaugh is said to be vicious and mean when drunk, but Trump is that way when he is stone cold sober. I have never met anyone like that in real life. Most of us have a sense of decency that would hold us back. When we drink it can go away, but sober we are polite and considerate for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies