Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,269,234 times

Advertisements

Probably because they don't want to worsen their troubles. He could easily win a defamation suit against her. And her little Go Fund Me nest egg wouldn't even begin to cover it.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 PM

8,264 posts, read 3,820,863 times
So let's concentrate for a second on what's actually proven at this point:

1. Toddler-like temperament during hearing

2. Not being truthful under oath

That should be (more than) enough

Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 PM

41,028 posts, read 49,691,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It makes you wonder why no women ever came forward to accuse Barack Obama of attempted rape.
Because he's gay. Michelle is just a cover.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Yeah, all these women just made it up out of thin air to smear Kavanaugh.

It makes you wonder why no women ever came forward to accuse Barack Obama of attempted rape.
Happened in Duke Lacrosse case and UVA. These big national media stories attract all kinds of nutters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
He lied, his classmates are saying he lied. More both male and female coming out saying he lied.

If he lied about something like underage drunkenness, what else is he lying about?

The man has no credibility.

Every GOP member of the Senate should vote no. If not they have no morals.
And other classmates, far more, have said the opposite. Know what happens then? They call it a wash and do nothing - well unless you’re a Democrat and then you rant about non-existent perjury. But you keep doing you!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,499,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I never said that women never make false accusations
The Duke Lacrosse case is classic example

But Ford is not stupid--
The most important evidence she has is her personal knowledge of who attacked her and who was in the room watching...
She has few other pieces of information and nothing physical to tie Kavanaugh to the scene--
But most Christians I know were not at the birth of Jesus, at the Crucifixion, or at the tomb--
Yet they believe all events happened...
Second guessing is not bullying, and anyone will second guess someone when they come with an accusation and no proof and lacking details, whether it is sexual assault or stealing a cookie.

Her personal knowledge is the worse evidence because it is not even evidence, I can say you sexually assaulted me, and I have just as much proof of it as she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You prove my point. Women don't come forward because they blamed and they aren't believed.
Just because a person is a woman, does not mean now presumption of innocence goes out the window. No different than is I blamed a woman for sexually assaulting me (a guy), I better have some proof of some sorts, and more details than Ford ever presented.

Quote:
Yeah, all these women just made it up out of thin air to smear Kavanaugh.

Same reason why only right wing speakers have mass protests against them, even to the point the hosts cancel the event...

Old 10-01-2018, 09:27 PM

16,785 posts, read 8,328,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Happened in Duke Lacrosse case and UVA. These big national media stories attract all kinds of nutters.

And other classmates, far more, have said the opposite. Know what happens then? They call it a wash and do nothing - well unless you’re a Democrat and then you rant about non-existent perjury. But you keep doing you!
You are mistaken on all counts.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
You are mistaken on all counts.
And you saying so doesn’t make it true (heh see what I did there, there’s a parallel here you’re likely to miss).

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 PM

37,513 posts, read 60,421,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, all I can say is that I have a new appreciation for my public high school! We thought we were living la vida loca if we managed to sneak into a club and get someone to buy us a vodka collins!
One of the guys from Georgetown Prep who commented about Kavanaugh lying about his choir boy lifestyle at Georgetown Prep mentioned that the Kennedy boys--sons of Robert and Ethel went there--and had massive drunken parties at their family home--and that there were security guards at the parties helping unload the liquor...
This was several years after Kavanaugh was graduated--
And the death of Douglass (I think) Kennedy was the event that finally caused the drugs and drinking to become more UNCOMMON, vs common...

I don't know if that death is really what did it or just the development of more social media and inquisitive news media that wasn't stonewalled because someone's son and heir was the comatose drunken body on the lawn of a beach rental...

But Kavanaugh tried to make himself sound like some guy pulled up by his own hard work and he was born to priviledge--his dad was a successful lobbyist and his mom was a local judge--
He had money and priviledge--was at one of the most expensive and prestigious prep schools in the country--
His grandfather went to Yale so he was a legacy candidate more than most -- not the guy who earned his shot like he wanted people to think from his comment
He has always been someone who presents a Janus face--
The earnest scholar, doing service work and athletics---to parents and other adults
The party-hearty, jock who pushes boundaries and gets away with it around his friends...

Old 10-01-2018, 09:29 PM

18,981 posts, read 9,197,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Probably because they don't want to worsen their troubles. He could easily win a defamation suit against her. And her little Go Fund Me nest egg wouldn't even begin to cover it.
Unlikely. I think he'll be lucky to remain a judge at all when all is said and done. Lying under oath should absolutely be disqualifying for a judge.

As to the OP's question regarding Ford's family, they probably don't want to become fodder for the media circus. I know I would try to shield my family from that if I could.

Or I guess it could be one of your conspiracy theories.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,243,781 times
Quote:
He lied, his classmates are saying he lied. More both male and female coming out saying he lied.

If he lied about something like underage drunkenness, what else is he lying about?

The man has no credibility.

Every GOP member of the Senate should vote no. If not they have no morals.
That is clear to anyone who does not have partisan blindness. If he will lie about small issues, there is no way he can be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies