Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,317,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. He says the entire left wing and Clinton are a conspiracy against decent people like him.
Be honest.

Like they aren't?

Quote:
2. He has expressed nothing but admiration - and sometimes hero worship - for Scalia and the like.
So what? Not everyone agrees with your politics. You'd prefer a SCOTUS packed with liberals, right?

Quote:
3. 72 Times SO FAR....and counting, those particular 4 or 5 (Kennedy included) have voted the exact same - in other words. 72 5-4 decision.
And that's how it works.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:25 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,764,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has no loyalty to anyone. He will kick BK under the bus as soon as it looks politically advantageous to do so. Trump also has no morality but apparently one thing he does not abide is drunks. If it turns out as it looks like it will and BK is outed as a mean drunk with a history of bad behavior when boozed up, Trump may suddenly not like him anymore. No worries. Trumplings will adjust to anything he does.
Let's be clear.

Trump loves bad sexual related behavior. He certainly doesn't mind lies.
The beer, tho, may make him think "low class scum" or something.

11,011 posts, read 11,083,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Oh well. The left has a few more days to try and come up with something else
I think they’ve made a big wheel ala wheel of fortune. And today’s smear will be........underground dog fighting!

18,982 posts, read 9,144,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I guess you've never heard a Democrat lie!
I hope I've never heard a judge lie under oath. It kind of renders our entire justice system moot, wouldn't you say?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,573,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't know if feeling she didn't get the attention or respect she felt she deserved has anything to do with whats going on now and like I said before I would smack my husband upside the head if he gave a quote like this to the press in context of whats happening...……….but, I don't see how the full quote adds anything to clarifying the current sitch.
Right - but it does shed light on something that she seemed to really fixate on - the laughter "at her expense" by the two drunk guys. If she does have a long standing sense of not being given the attention or respect she felt she deserved, by her family, it makes sense that some guys laughing at her would be the most lasting and hurtful memory - even moreso than a hand supposedly put over her mouth, or someone grinding on her through several layers of clothes.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:26 PM

24,899 posts, read 13,254,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ahh, you just killed their dreams. They were so excited for those text messages too (which we still haven’t seen mind you). Whelp onto the next smear.
^That's what I was thinking while I was reading that post, including your last sentence.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:28 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,083,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - but it does shed light on something that she seemed to really fixate on - the laughter "at her expense" by the two drunk guys. If she does have a long standing sense of not being given the attention or respect she felt she deserved, by her family, it makes sense that some guys laughing at her would be the most lasting and hurtful memory - even moreso than a hand supposedly put over her mouth, or someone grinding on her through several layers of clothes.
Seriously. She claimed the music was turned up loud, so loud no one could hear. But she heard their laughter. And she heard them on the stairs, yes? When was the music turned down?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:30 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,144,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Why doesn't she share these texts with the reporters she's contacting?
Because they're in the FBI's hands now. Here's an interesting tidbit about how they got into the FBI's hands, through Senator Bluementhal:

"We heard from Kerry late on Thursday and submitted her summary to the Judiciary Committee early Friday,” a spokeswoman for Blumenthal said in a statement to NBC News. “After we were made to jump through several hoops that delayed our moving forward, it became clear that the majority Committee staff had not turned this summary over to the FBI and, in fact, had no intention of turning it over to the FBI. With our assistance, Kerry submitted her summary to the FBI herself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

McConnell was trying to sit on it. They claim they're giving the investigation their full support. Who do they think buys that anymore?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:31 PM

37,433 posts, read 60,240,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think you know the answer.

The vast majority of those attacked such never do......it would be a real rarity if she did so. Almost unheard of.

Now, maybe if 10 other situations are exposed she'll add her name to the list....but in that case it would be more of a "Cosby" where the prosecutors bring the strongest case or two only.

Is this what you want? Or are you just suggesting it for kicks?

Not for kicks but to smear Ford...
Just like Mitchell's comments that she could not recommend based on testimony at the hearing and other "evidence" that charges could be filed...
Same reason Christine Ford likely didn't do anything any of the years since she has matured and gotten to understand some of the reasons for her not coming forward at the time...
It was not possible to file criminal charges against Kavanaugh---
Like so many women and girls in similar instances---

So these people making these spurious claims as to why Ford's LACK of criminal prosecution means she is lying are just doing that to further hurt and revile the women who were already victimized initially by the perpetrator and not by the social morons who for some reason are so vindictive....

I really can't understand why WOMEN are often the most vindictive against other women who bring up allegations and cause the light to shine on men who caused the abuse...

Read an article in NYTimes I think or WaPo about a woman who was raped by her then best friend's boyfriend one night when she had been out of town and they had both been at party or club together and both had been drinking...
he offered her (the writer of the story) a "safe ride home" and then proceeded to rape her on the stairs...
He threaten that if she told his girlfriend she would not be believed--and she wasn't--because he confessed to his girlfriend and claimed he was seduced---not his fault...

So she had never forgotten his name--looked him up--saw he was married and had children--and his wife had lot of traits/attitudes that she, herself, did...to make long story short--she decided not to tell this rapist's wife what he had done...
Guess that make her feel superior to the rapist--but some of what I have read about men who rape--especially rape women they know--points to this as a power game and that they don't just do it once...

Old 10-01-2018, 08:32 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,873,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Actually, it is consistent with Julie Swetniks claim that she observed Kav and crew targeting shy girls or girls who came to the parties alone for their sexual assault party at these girls expense.

They certainly wouldnt go after a " Megan Kelly".
Moderator cut: trolling
What I believe is that we have here are promiscuous girls who like to drink who then feel guilty the next day and try to undo the deed they feel they've done by claiming rape. It happens. I'd bet that girls in the era felt like they were bad if they were sexually active. Then they blame it on the boys.

Let's hope none of you who have already convicted Kavanaugh are ever accused on such baseless claims.

Don't know if this has been posted.
Quote:

Julie Swetnick Backtracks on Some Claims
Swetnick did not confirm that she saw Kavanaugh spike punch, but simply said she “saw him around the punch containers.”

I don’t know what he did,” she told NBC.

She also appeared to backtrack on her suggestion that Kavanaugh was involved in gang rapes, saying she only saw him congregated with other boys outside of rooms. When Snow asked if she thought the boys were gathered in order to rape girls in the rooms, Swetnick replied “yes.”

It’s just too coincidental,” she said.

She continued that she came to that realization when she was raped herself. She said her assault happened at a party at the hands of multiple boys after her drink was spiked. She said that while she did not know if Kavanaugh and Judge participated in her rape, they were at the party near her where she began to feel sick.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-ka...ews-interview/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies