Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 07:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 17,397,776 times

Advertisements

I agree with life in prison for murder , for any teen or adult.

This isn't Little Johnny egging a house on Halloween. A life was taken by "Johnny", on purpose.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:08 PM

37,423 posts, read 60,224,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The FBI may not be interested because they are already aware of their existence and find nothing of value to the review.

Additionally, I have a number of photos from gatherings with people I do not know and/or remember.

Furthermore, why would Ramirez pose for a photo of a gang rapists?

I'm fairly open to examining the evidence provided by the accusers, but so far.... still waiting.
And the comments re Ramirez at the wedding party is that she did NOT WANT to be anywhere near Kavanaugh at that wedding party--she is on one side of the photo the woman who is friend to both Ramirez and Kavanaugh was AsKED by Kavanaugh to provide PRIOR to Ramirez going public in The Atlantic's article
(How convenient that Kavanaugh is psychic and anticipated Ramirez would make up a story about something she THOUGHT Kavanaugh had done to her at Yale????)

Ramirez was very anxious during that time with those people and ensured she was not alone with Kavanaugh at any time....
Pretty indicative to me of trauma...

Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 PM

22,190 posts, read 9,772,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And the comments re Ramirez at the wedding party is that she did NOT WANT to be anywhere near Kavanaugh at that wedding party--she is on one side of the photo the woman who is friend to both Ramirez and Kavanaugh was AsKED by Kavanaugh to provide PRIOR to Ramirez going public in The Atlantic's article
(How convenient that Kavanaugh is psychic and anticipated Ramirez would make up a story about something she THOUGHT Kavanaugh had done to her at Yale????)

Ramirez was very anxious during that time with those people and ensured she was not alone with Kavanaugh at any time....
Pretty indicative to me of trauma...
Traumatized by a conservative on the SCOTUS?

Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 PM

9,641 posts, read 5,438,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This reply is to L8Gr8Apost8 (and anyone else who keeps claiming that Kavanaugh was not open to an FBI investigation) who posted on the other thread:

I had to give the link in a rep comment since the other thread was closed and this wasn't open yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXAHAOdGOE

This is his full opening statement, not what has been cut down by certain media. At 02:24, he clearly states that he had told the Senate that he was open to any kind of investigation, "Senate, FBI, or otherwise". So can we please stop pretending that he was not open to an FBI investigation?

And since that appears to be the biggest problem most had with him, those who had a problem with him, was that he was not "asking" for an FBI investigation - which people don't do, are those people going to accept it when the FBI comes back and says they have re-closed the case?

He couldn't make the FBI open an investigation. It had to come from Senators. The left had all that time to do so, why didn't they? Why did they pretend that Kavanaugh was the only one who could do it?

Di-Fi sent the letter to the FBI and they investigated her allegations. They then returned the letter to the Senate and closed the case.

Now we have to sit here through another week of the same investigation that they already did because the Dem Senators lied about Kavanaugh not "asking" for an investigation. It was already done.

Absolutely nothing is going to come out of the investigation. What we do have now is yet another week for the left to pull out anyone they can find to make allegations, and then get them paid off through GoFundMe accounts.
hahhaha The FBI!!! headed up and manned by people who absolutely hate Donald Trump and continue to try to take him down. Oh, yea, you're gonna get a fair hearing here. LOL. The rank and file of that organization better start standing up to this. For me, you can spell FBI M-U-D.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM

9,641 posts, read 5,438,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Please just get back to me when or if Swetnick turns out to be at all credible. Until then, I'm not even discussing her at all.

Ford doesn't strike me as shy, and she didn't come to the party alone, though she did leave her best friend behind ALONE WITH A GROUP OF VIOLENT DRUNKS, according to her statement. But of course all we have to go by with Ford is her resume (which is impressive and doesn't come across as one of a shy person) and her demeanor at the hearing, since ALL of her background and online presence from years of publishing, studies, teaching, meeting her husband on a dating website, etc. has been thoroughly scrubbed.
I'm surprised she didn't show up in pig-tails, a plaid skirt, and saddle shoes. And that voice. Good grief. But hey, she's making some serious jack off that Go Fund Me account, unless that's just a money laundering scheme for the democrats. And I listened to her start to finish with an open mind. Too many inconsistencies. Something just ain't right here.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:19 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,761,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You're trying to read a person's mind. I know you've probably seen the X-Men, and it's a dandy movie, but no-one knows how he's going to rule, until he's sitting there with the case in front of him. We can look at past decisions, but lumping him into a category because of association is negligent and ignorant.
Be Honest.

You don't think he would have voted with the FOUR in this dissent???

Really????

No, I can't read his mind but I have reason and logic.....let's see

1. He says the entire left wing and Clinton are a conspiracy against decent people like him.
2. He has expressed nothing but admiration - and sometimes hero worship - for Scalia and the like.
3. 72 Times SO FAR....and counting, those particular 4 or 5 (Kennedy included) have voted the exact same - in other words. 72 5-4 decision.

Given those facts, do you expect a reasonable person to think Brett wouldn't vote the same way?

Just for discussion, give me the odds. I say 90/10 and I'm probably being nice.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 PM

57,398 posts, read 26,478,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Certainly not with the GOP side
The question is will texts that prove Kavanaugh knew about Ramirez BEFORE the Atlantic article and LIED under oath be enough to derail this "sure thing"???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
hahhaha The FBI!!! headed up and manned by people who absolutely hate Donald Trump and continue to try to take him down. Oh, yea, you're gonna get a fair hearing here. LOL. The rank and file of that organization better start standing up to this. For me, you can spell FBI M-U-D.
Kavanaugh was asked to request an FBI investigation about 5 Times and couldn’t bring himself to answer the question, but now he is looking forward to this. He sounded like Mark McGuire repeating the same answer over and over.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:22 PM

37,423 posts, read 60,224,067 times
Quote:
See I was thinking the FBI was holding out for the truth of whatever they were investigating--
According to you the FBI should be very willing to see all this information about Kavanaugh trying to head off Debbie Ramirez's story about him pulling out his penis at Yale and waving it in front of her and bring that forward as proof that he was lying to Sen Hatch when he claimed he ONLY KNEW of Ramirez's story when The Atlantic story came out
Like what a surprise to him that she was accusing him of assault with a deadly penis at that drinking party in the Yale dorm....

If that were true how could he then ask for copy of the photo taken years after the dorm assault and before his nomination hearing and the Atlantic article????
He asked for the PHOTO prior to the hearing, prior to the Atlantic article--
Prior to KNOWING about this UNFOUNDED smear by Debbie Ramirez that he exposed himself to her and others

So while there may not be any Instamatic photos or cell phone pix on Instagram of that event
It would seem that knowing about an event that happened in the 80s
That Kavanaugh claimed NEVER happened w/him as the perp
BUT he knew enough to ask for a photo of Ramirez and himself at a wedding party smiling--like they were all friends-to used to smear Debbie Ramirez about an article he didn't know was going to be written--
Well--Brett--as Ricky used to tell Lucy---"you got some 'spraining to do"!!!

Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,417,762 times
Quote:
I can’t tell. This former classmate with the text messages has reached out to FBI officials at least three times with no response. They’re trying to dodge that tea, it’s too hot!

I bet they’ll respond now thanks to whistle blowing NBC.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:25 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,293,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It is also heartless to publicly accuse someone of sexually assaulting someone and to say they are lying with NO EVIDENCE.
Heartless to sexually assault someone in the first place. Then, to thoughtlessly do it with no witnesses, well, that's just inexcusable! And to do it with only a blackout drunk friend---the height of inconsideration.

So many assailants out there that just don't do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
She had ample time and opportunity to go to judge Kavanaugh privately with her accusation. Decades even. Never happened. You reap what you sow.
Are you bleeping kidding?!! So she goes to the guy who showed her no mercy when she was assaulted. And then what? He says either:
  1. I don't know what you're talking about. Wasn't me.

OR

2. Oh, yeah! I remember you! Good times. Amiright? Good times!

Do you actually expect he might have owned up and apologized? The guy who at the hearing was blaming and insulting everybody not squarely in his camp? Klobuchar got a mea culpa only after Kavanaugh's arm got twisted at the break.

It's the rare person guilty of something of this magnitude that welcomes inquiry into their misdeeds.

Last edited by mollyblythe; 10-01-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies