Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,517,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Actually, it is consistent with Julie Swetniks claim that she observed Kav and crew targeting shy girls or girls who came to the parties alone for their sexual assault party at these girls expense.

They certainly wouldnt go after a " Megan Kelly".
Moderator cut: trolling
Please just get back to me when or if Swetnick turns out to be at all credible. Until then, I'm not even discussing her at all.

Ford doesn't strike me as shy, and she didn't come to the party alone, though she did leave her best friend behind ALONE WITH A GROUP OF VIOLENT DRUNKS, according to her statement. But of course all we have to go by with Ford is her resume (which is impressive and doesn't come across as one of a shy person) and her demeanor at the hearing, since ALL of her background and online presence from years of publishing, studies, teaching, meeting her husband on a dating website, etc. has been thoroughly scrubbed.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,964,271 times
He’s toast. The texts about Ramirez will bring him down. No way the female Republican Senators will approve him.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,533,847 times
Isn’t it time that ms inconsistency be called out for her ditzy state of mind ?
PhD, professor, lecturer, writer, surfer, etc., etc., etc....come on folks !

Old 10-01-2018, 06:34 PM

37,400 posts, read 60,204,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He’s toast. The texts about Ramirez will bring him down. No way the female Republican Senators will approve him.
YES!!
And since Kavanaugh lied to THIS hearing committee---
He should also be ejected from his current Appeal Court seat as well
It is not the first time he has lied under oath in committee testimony
But since the GOP locked how the other evidence of previous incidents
These will have to serve---

Old 10-01-2018, 06:37 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,077,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
YES!!
And since Kavanaugh lied to THIS hearing committee---
He should also be ejected from his current Appeal Court seat as well
It is not the first time he has lied under oath in committee testimony
But since the GOP locked how the other evidence of previous incidents
These will have to serve---
Still waiting to see those text messages. NBC reporting on them but not showing them....hmmmm. Y’all are so excited about something you haven’t seen, you know that right?

Old 10-01-2018, 06:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,495,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I think any of these witnesses for Kavanaugh on either side are worthless. If someone liked him they will say oh yeah he got drunk here and there but never blacked out and was an ok guy. If someone hated him or was jealous of him they will say he was a horrible blackout drunk who raped girls every weekend. For some this is their chance to get back at him if they didn’t get invited to the parties or get to hang out with him, or vindictive women who crushed on him for four years that he ignored, etc. It’s all going to be hearsay .
Worse than that, I think its now if they are Dems they will say whatever helps the Dem cause.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:40 PM

20,713 posts, read 16,537,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I found her demeanor to be, well, at the least, unprofessorish.
Well, she wasn't in a classroom.

But not many people use the term hippocampus....if that makes a difference.

Kavanaugh certainly didn't act in the manner of a (good) judge and he was in a courtroom.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:41 PM

37,400 posts, read 60,204,744 times
I don't know if anyone posted this link from site called AbovetheLaw
Which is attorneys' blog/website
Note the final 3 or so sentences of the article

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/10/akin...o-publication/

It points to the fact that the person trying to bring this new information about Kavanaugh's texts and thos of others in HIs cabal tried repeatedly to contact the FBI before the FBI investigation was ordered and got NO HELP from the FBI
She is an attorney in a VERY prestigious law firm in DC--
Basically it says if an attorney there can't get the FBI's attention it doesn't want to be "got"...
It is still under question if the FBI will follow it up now...
But the texts have made themselves and comments from the woman Kavanaugh got the photo from to try to claim Ramirez was comfortable with his presence--
NOT TRUE--
So another lie to cover his own crimes...

Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,077,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Worse than that, I think its now if they are Dems they will say whatever helps the Dem cause.
I’m not remotely surprised by all this coming out now; think that’s the first thing I said after the Flake deal - great another week to ramp up the smear campaign. This extra week for the Dems to further try and destroy Kavanaugh in the media? That’s why they looked so happy when they conned Flake - they knew they could count on the media to breathlessly report any BS claim without any evidence whatsoever.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,495,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, she wasn't in a classroom.

But not many people use the term hippocampus....if that makes a difference.

Kavanaugh certainly didn't act in the manner of a (good) judge and he was in a courtroom.
As to the bolded, especially when they claim not to know the term "exculpatory".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.