Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 05:00 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,865,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You should track him down and do whatever you can to destroy his life, his family and his reputation... you never know, there might be a Go-fund me account waiting with your name on it.
this situation inspired me to ask myself the same thing. If he popped up running for office, would I say anything?

But just look at this thread. It absolutely happened, but I would not be able to give all the details either. There wouldn’t be any witnesses. How long before people are calling me crazy or a liar or accuse me of “trying to take down a good man”. I was an insecure nerd with mommy issues at the time. People would happily pychoanalyze me all over the internet and call me all kinds of names.

What if he doesn’t even remember? He’d be able to stand up and say with conviction that he didn’t do it. He’d be wrong, but it would make no difference, because I would not have “evidence”. Most sexual assaults don’t have any “evidence” especially if there was no ejaculation or bruises.

The same thing happens both ways. It is perfectly plausible that Kavanaugh partied a lot in high school and college but didn’t assault anyone. There is enough to say he drank a lot and rumblings that he had a childish sexist jock sense of humor in high school, but it is quite possible he grew out of that years ago. But that doesn’t stop people from concluding he’s a violent drunk assaulter NOW.

Like I said upthread, this is a mess on both sides.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-01-2018 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 10-01-2018, 05:01 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,305,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I bet the Democrats have paid a lot of money to random women this week.
They'll pay many millions if necessary.
Find the money trail.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:02 PM

57,380 posts, read 26,613,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Oh, but that's not what he said to the committee. My oh my, yet another lie under oath from the mouth of Mr. Kavanaugh:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...85029283028994
Now that's interesting, did he claim he didn't know her?

11,011 posts, read 11,111,593 times
Quote:
Oh, but that's not what he said to the committee. My oh my, yet another lie under oath from the mouth of Mr. Kavanaugh:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...85029283028994
So heresay is evidence now? Hmmm. I read the article and she doesn’t herself have any of the text messages. She said a friend said she had some. What passes for news now is odd. Why didn’t NBC do the work, talk to this person who supposedly have these texts and get a copy of them? Story seems odd.

5,318 posts, read 2,146,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Find the money trail.
Ooooh oooh...I bet I know the bingo word that would be the answer... Soros. Always Soros. Dude really gets around.

2,083 posts, read 1,106,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
At work today, the few women who work with me were talking about all of this. The men stayed quite silent on the subject. But the woman kind of surprised me because the general consensus was Ford was being a drama queen, nothing bad actually happened, and she just needs to shut up and go away. I think men, in this era are not allowed to question validity of claims for fear of not being PC. Women, on the other hand, have been quite vocal if they doubted her story.

I’m not quite as harsh in my view of Ford as my employees. I think something happened to her at some point but I also do not believe it was Kavanaugh for several reasons but primarily the lack of corroborating witnesses but most especially her very good friend Keyser’s strong statement that she had never met Kavanaugh with or without Ford. But I get my employees on one thing. Her on-going “trauma” related to what amounts to groping is far more severe than the incident would cause.
Certainly is fascinating. I’m suspicious that there appears to be no information about her anywhere. No photos or lectures or videos or anything.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Certainly is fascinating. I’m suspicious that there appears to be no information about her anywhere. No photos or lectures or videos or anything.
A real expert team spent some considerable capital scrubbing her from the internet completely.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:04 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,250,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This guy is done. End it.

Pull the nomination.
If Trump is smart -- I know, big IF -- that's what he should do. Lots of other conservative or moderate judges for him to choose from.

With the text messages, we now have hard evidence that he straight up lied under oath.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:05 PM

25,903 posts, read 20,903,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So heresay is evidence now? Hmmm. I read the article and she doesn’t herself have any of the text messages. She said a friend said she had some. What passes for news now is odd. Why didn’t NBC do the work, talk to this person who supposedly have these texts and get a copy of them? Story seems odd.
The text messages exist.

From the NBC link:

“Kerry Berchem, who was at Yale with both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Deborah Ramirez, has tried to get those messages to the FBI for its newly reopened investigation into the matter but says she has yet to be contacted by the bureau.
In one message, Yarasavage said Kavanaugh asked her to go on the record in his defense. Two other messages show communication between Kavanaugh's team and former classmates in advance of the story.“

Old 10-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
If Trump is smart -- I know, big IF -- that's what he should do. Lots of other conservative or moderate judges for him to choose from.

With the text messages, we now have hard evidence that he straight up lied under oath.
Show me the picture of those text messages, will you? After all, they exist right? Not just a smear right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies