Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 12:21 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,575,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You'd think that the left had enough of lynching Thomas when he went through the hearings but I guess you people will never get enough of seeing him hanging from that tree.
I didn't write the article.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,133,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Absurd.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lding-facility

Now they're being moved to from foster homes and shelters to tents:

https://www.newschannel5.com/newsy/h...-tent-facility
Those are chain link holding cells, look at the photos from your own link. It's a bunch of middle aged Mexican men in a holding cell. There are no kids locked in cages, stop telling lies lefty.

17,790 posts, read 9,516,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa;53251581
Hopefully the "work" of this Georgetown "professor" is not typical of either Georgetown University or opposition to Kavanaugh. More to the point, is this "professor" educating students? Who would pay $50,000 a year for this? First the professor's background:

[I
Originally Posted by Georgetown University website
Source-Georgetown Website C. Christine Fair is a Provost’s Distinguished Associate Professor in the Security Studies Program within Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. She previously served as a senior political scientist with the RAND Corporation, a political officer with the United Nations Assistance Mission to Afghanistan in Kabul, and a senior research associate at USIP’s Center for Conflict Analysis and Prevention.
This is a copy of one of her tweets, indeed one of the few that didn't use filtered words not acceptable under the Terms of Service.
Look at thus chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist's arrogated entitlement.
All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes. https://t.co/tT7Igu157y

— (((Christine Fair))) (@CChristineFair) September 29, 2018
(Note, Twitter account subsequently suspended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Christine Fair Twitter Feed
(((Christine Fair)))
‏Verified account @CChristineFair

(((Christine Fair))) Retweeted Josh Marshall

Look at thus chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist's arrogated entitlement.
All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes. (Note, Twitter account subsequently suspended)[/i]

Is this even within the realm of civil discourse?
Rate this post positively
Not the first time this gal has gone off the rails with her twitter account - Georgetown put out a statement about "freedom of speech" -- they find nothing wrong about what she says.

Makes me nauseous to think that my youngest got a Master's Degree at Georgetown.
And yes - the infection did spread, it's quite contagious. Anytime you are trapped in a Rubber Bubble with a bad virus - you are very likely to get infected.

Quote:
She's been treated like a queen compared to Kavanaugh and his family and from the outside it looks like she deserves jail time.
Oh sure. This forum, in particular, has treated her "like a queen."

Old 10-02-2018, 12:23 PM

17,532 posts, read 11,584,660 times
Quote:
You'd think that the left had enough of lynching Thomas when he went through the hearings but guess you people will never get enough of seeing him hanging from that tree.
I

Are you kidding? The left will never have enough of lynching conservative African Americans. They are the favorite target even more so than white males.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't write the article.
You didn't read it either, you just tried to pass it off as a valid reason for the left treating Justice Clarence Thomas like a 3rd class human being.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Oh sure. This forum, in particular, has treated her "like a queen."
I said she's been treated like a queen comparatively. You don't read too well do ya?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Those are chain link holding cells, look at the photos from your own link. It's a bunch of middle aged Mexican men in a holding cell. There are no kids locked in cages, stop telling lies lefty.
What do you think a "cage" is made of? Whatever.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:27 PM

46,705 posts, read 27,554,952 times
Quote:
He has not been "an excellent Justice" in the least.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...aceful-silence

Quote:
In his 12 years on the court, he apparently resolved the ABA’s concerns about his temperament. Kavanaugh cited the bar association’s new unanimous “well qualified” rating for his nomination to the Supreme Court in his opening statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday

This is AFTER they downgraded him, they also upgraded him back to the current status of "well qualified."

Old 10-02-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
What do you think a "cage" is made of? Whatever.
I guess it depends on what you're trying to catch with it. There are no children being held in cages in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies