Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Hearsay... Would you believe the girlfriend of a kid with this kind of background? Smoking dope, school issues?? Acquit Zimmerman already..
More than I would believe a possibly drunk gun-toter with a history of violence and anger issues? Yup.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd pick the police.
Good luck finding a Police Officer to help you during the commission of a crime.

Neighbors are the best defense against crime/perpetrators, where people look out for each other. Very rarely do Police Officers intercept crimes, hence Police Officers are usually the last responders to a crime scene.

Even the best police departments in the country take several minutes to respond to 911 calls for help, usually by that time the perp has fled the scene.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:02 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
More details emerge in Trayvon Martin investigation - Los Angeles Wave: National World: trayvon martin, george zimmerman, injuries, video, 911 call

The above would seem to suggest that Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first, and possibly even tried to restrain him.

At what point, I wonder, did it occur to him to do the responsible thing by informing the boy that he was the neighborhood watch?

Convict this man already.
It's too bad they have to go through the formalities before the conviction. Be patient.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Default New Article - Zimmerman Complained About Police

Quote:
Hearsay... Would you believe the girlfriend of a kid with this kind of background? Smoking dope, school issues?? Acquit Zimmerman already..
So every high school junior who has smoked pot and has school issues should be killed?

Yup, that will solve our education problem, won't it?

By the way, I guess GZ is psychic, since he never met TM before and, since the police report states there's no evidence whatsoever that TM was committing a crime or about to commit a crime. He was unarmed and walking back to the home in which he was staying. The surveillance video from the convenient store confirms it.

George couldn't keep a job because he was always complaining about everyone, according to former co-workers. Another said he was like Jekyll and Hyde and would seem nice one minute and become violent the next.

Today the [URL="http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/22/2813681/zimmerman-rode-with-cops-ripped.html"]Miami Herald[/URL] reports that he went to a town meeting to complain about the police. Interesting.

[URL="http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/22/2813681/zimmerman-rode-with-cops-ripped.html"]Zimmerman Rode With Cops - Ripped Department [/URL]

Zimmerman said in a town meeting:

"I would like to state that the law is written in black and white and it should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line."

I agree with him, but apparently those laws don't apply to him, do they?

Yet in earlier threads I posted [URL="http://www.scribd.com/heidi_vries/d/87064208-George-Zimmerman%E2%80%99s-application-for-the-Citizens-Police-Academy-in-2008"]the application GZ filled out[/URL] when he wanted to take a Citizen's Police Academy course where he stated that he held law enforcement in "the highest regard." He used that statement to deny he would ever assault a police officer, since he had a previous arrest for battery on law enforcement. He said the officer never identified himself, although the police report from 2005 clearly states he did and the struggle with GZ continued.

Sounds as if GZ changes his story all the time.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
More than I would believe a possibly drunk gun-toter with a history of violence and anger issues? Yup.
Plus a felony charge for accosting a police officer...much more likely to resort to deadly force than a teen.

More details emerge in Trayvon Martin investigation - Los Angeles Wave: National World: trayvon martin, george zimmerman, injuries, video, 911 call

[quote] The witness also said Zimmerman seemed nonchalant about the shooting, "like it was nothing." Zimmerman told the witness to call his wife and "just tell her I shot somebody."[end quote]

Such callous disregard for a human life...

Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So every high school junior who has smoked pot and has school issues should be killed?

Yup, that will solve our education problem, won't it?

By the way, I guess GZ is psychic, since he never met TM before and, since the police report states there's no evidence whatsoever that TM was committing a crime or about to commit a crime. He was unarmed and walking back to the home in which he was staying. The surveillance video from the convenient store confirms it.

George couldn't keep a job because he was always complaining about everyone, according to former co-workers. Another said he was like Jekyll and Hyde and would seem nice one minute and become violent the next.

Today the Miami Herald reports that he went to a town meeting to complain about the police. Interesting.

Zimmerman Rode With Cops - Ripped Department

Zimmerman said in a town meeting:

"I would like to state that the law is written in black and white and it should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those who are in the thin blue line."

I agree with him, but apparently those laws don't apply to him, do they?

Yet in earlier threads I posted the application GZ filled out when he wanted to take a Citizen's Police Academy course where he stated that he held law enforcement in "the highest regard." He used that statement to deny he would ever assault a police officer, since he had a previous arrest for battery on law enforcement. He said the officer never identified himself, although the police report from 2005 clearly states he did and the struggle with GZ continued.

Sounds as if GZ changes his story all the time.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:

And you would believe a man who has a history of aggressive behavior, takes prescription drugs and has been arrested more than once? A man who applied for a job with the police department, but did not get it and trolls the streets with a 9 hoping to confront "these *******s" who always get away.

The GZ supporters will do anything to make TM out to be a thug (posting pics and videos that are NOT him, dwelling on the small amount of marijuana in his system and stating that he was casing houses as if this has been proven) and Zimmerman to be an angel (overlooking his past, the fact that he got out of his car in pursuit of TM, the fact hat he has lied, and the people that knew him and said that he would do something like this, while focusing on one witness along with some black woman that said he mentored black children, bringing up his black relative as if that matters and restating his version of events as if it is the gospel).

Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
[quote=Evenstar51;24427981]Plus a felony charge for accosting a police officer...much more likely to resort to deadly force than a teen.

Quote:
The witness also said Zimmerman seemed nonchalant about the shooting, "like it was nothing." Zimmerman told the witness to call his wife and "just tell her I shot somebody."[end quote]

Such callous disregard for a human life...

Like so many of the posters in this thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Good luck finding a Police Officer to help you during the commission of a crime.

Neighbors are the best defense against crime/perpetrators, where people look out for each other. Very rarely do Police Officers intercept crimes, hence Police Officers are usually the last responders to a crime scene.

Even the best police departments in the country take several minutes to respond to 911 calls for help, usually by that time the perp has fled the scene.
When seconds count the police are just minutes away. If someone had interfered in the Zimmerman/ Martin fight Martin would be alive today.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Wow! Just Wow. So many things wrong with this post, no point in explaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies