Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 06:17 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What's interesting to me is that the police pointed out that GZ not only should have stayed in his car and waited for the police, but that he could have simply identified himself and calmly explained to TM why he was following him. I've been saying that on this board for 2 months. There was one point in the 911 call that he said "He's staring right at me." Why didn't he call out of his car "I'm with the Neighborhood Watch. Just checking to make sure everything's okay. Where are you going?" If he didn't want to handle the "suspicious" person in a professional manner, he should have just waited for the police. Following a person in the dark isn't normal behavior, and anyone would feel threatened and become defensive, especially a 17 year old.

So it is perfectly reasonable for someone to beat the crap out of someone because they are walking behind you. Got it.

Additionally alot of things could have been avoided should people have stayed in or not done this. Because it wasn't avoided, doesn't make someone guilty.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:29 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Someone following you is a threat. Someone coming up and confronting you, when you are minding your own business, near your parents apartment is a threat. We don't know if this guy flashed his gun at Trayvon...seems like the type that would.
Trayvon had more right to stand his ground than someone driving around looking for someone to harass. The pity is that this harasser was armed. What makes being armed outside your home & outside your car ok? This should have never happened, except for the misguided armed would be volunteer pseudo guard...Guarding what? He didn't know Who lived there. Saddens me greatly.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I know the c-d experts have relatives who are doctors and know everything about broken noses, but what the heck, I'll toss in this info from the know-nothings at the Mayo Clinic ---

"Signs and symptoms of a broken nose may appear immediately or may take up to three days to develop. X-rays and other imaging studies are usually unnecessary. If you have a minor fracture that hasn't caused your nose to become crooked or otherwise misshapen, you may not need professional medical treatment. Your doctor may recommend simple self-care measures, such as using ice on the area and taking over-the-counter pain medications."

Broken nose: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com
Yes, but has the Mayo clinic ever had a broken toe???

Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Someone following you is a threat. Someone coming up and confronting you, when you are minding your own business, near your parents apartment is a threat. We don't know if this guy flashed his gun at Trayvon...seems like the type that would.
Trayvon had more right to stand his ground than someone driving around looking for someone to harass. The pity is that this harasser was armed. What makes being armed outside your home & outside your car ok? This should have never happened, except for the misguided armed would be volunteer pseudo guard...Guarding what? He didn't know Who lived there. Saddens me greatly.
Ridiculous post of the year /10

No matter what evidence comes to light and much already has, proving that Trayvon pummeled Zimmerman to the point that he feared for his life, you will still not see it.

Do you think all people who legally own guns are intent and hellbent on flashing them around and intimidating people?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Ridiculous post of the year /10

No matter what evidence comes to light and much already has, proving that Trayvon pummeled Zimmerman to the point that he feared for his life, you will still not see it.

Do you think all people who legally own guns are intent and hellbent on flashing them around and intimidating people?
Not necessarily.....but certainly some are.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
(sigh) Some people are so naive.

Yes, his doctor stated that he had a broken nose. Did he receive treatment for these "injuries"? Where are the xrays, etc? Besides the "report" from his family friend oops I mean "family doctor" (wink wink)
Quote:
where is the evidence of actually being treated for these life threatening injuries?
How many sutures did these life threatening injuries require?
Well, perhaps the injuries would have been life threatening had Z not shot TM to stop the attack. What would TM been charged with had Z not had a gun or Z may have been killed had the attack been allowed to continue, Z's reason for shooting.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I mean, the only way I see it happening, is by an all-black jury. But it would be hard to define that as justice.
That is an interesting quote. Do you think that black perpetuators who kill white people, yet face an all white jury do not get justice? This happens ALL the time! I don't see how having an all black jury convict him would not be justice, it won't happen though since there is hardly ever an all black jury. But I thought that was an interesting view if it is coming from a white person and I wonder if you feel the same for black defendants facing an all white jury, especially if the black defendant is accused of killing a white person.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You don't understand the story so why would you claim that he deserves jail time..? You understand that he didn't just go shoot up the person. This is not a personal attack, this is a question , is your IQ even above 90?
The individual in question is ike many jurists. I honestly believe that we should have professional jurists. People trained and educated to understand and interpret facts.
I have sat on several juries. I have heard I think he is guilty based on nothing but opening arguments...... Throughout the trial it is a battle to make these people see the facts as being more relevant than the opening arguments or the closing arguments for that matter.
Why are so many innocent people in jail? Look no further than the many posts on cd.
Was martin a thug? he looked like one and thats why the media used pictures that are 4 years old. That said it's not a crime to look stupid.

Did zimmerman wake up that day and say gee I want to murder a black kid today? Only he knows that answer, but I doubt he did.
I think he is afraid of black males and was stupid enough to turn a mole hill into a mountain.
I have no real facts to decide guilt or innocence. From what I have read we have a case of Thug wanna be v.s hero wanna be. The perfect storm.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
Very interesting.
The witness stories examined as to how they changed.

George Zimmerman witnesses: Several George Zimmerman witnesses change their accounts in Trayvon Martin case - Orlando Sentinel

Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 AM

835 posts, read 1,041,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I know this because I am not an idiot.

So, If someone stole over a dozen pieces of jewelry from you, you wouldn't call the cops?

You would just go on with your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies