Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,399,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
First, he was given no such warning. (When he told the dispatcher he was following Martin, he was told "We don't need you to do that," to which he replied "OK," and so far as we can tell, stopped following.) Second, even if he had been given such a warning, he would not have been required to "obey" it unless he was doing something illegal.

Blah, blah, blah ! Whatever, dude. I don't care. I WAS VOICING MY OPINION...WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT!!! REALLY DON'T CARE !!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
First, he was given no such warning. (When he told the dispatcher he was following Martin, he was told "We don't need you to do that,"
Coming from the police, this constitutes a warning.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:53 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.
Again...you don't know that. According to zimmerman, martin had disappeared and he got out to see if he could see where he went....when he went back to his car, martin met him there and attaked him.

So....IF the events happened like that, then I would blame martin's death more on martin himself. Still...nobody really knows. While zimmerman may have shown poor judgement even getting out of his car, if martin initiagted the attack then ultimagtely HE...martin....is to blame for his own death. Either way it is tragic.

3,807 posts, read 4,278,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
Maybe state laws are different there, but here (CA) anyone with a CCW can take a gun into a bank. We can even carry a gun into a school. Posting a sign does not make something illegal. If I decide to post a sign saying nobody can park in front of my street, guess what? People can still legally park there. You're right that people with CCW's usually carry their weapon everywhere they go. That certainly doesn't make them unhinged.
What exactly, is the point of having a CCW, if you don't carry the weapon with you? It makes no sense, whatsoever, to get a CCW and not carry a gun. Moreover, just because you carry a concealed weapon, doesn't mean you are "out to find trouble." You are merely trying to defend yourself, or someone else, IF the needs arise.

I don't decide how much force to use on a suspect; they decide how much force I use.

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Apparently the fact that the police even said this doesn't seem to matter. They clearly said that the entire incident was avoidable had Zimmerman stayed in his car and waited for the police instead of taking matters into his own hands.
It wouldn't have happened if gz stayed in his car or met the cops in the mailboxes or a lot of other things. Ok ? Though the cops or others stating that might make some people feel good, it doesn't address whether or not gz commited a crime when he killed tm.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Coming from the police, this constitutes a warning.

it wasn't coming from police...it was coming from the 911 operator. And no it wasn't a warning.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
In florida, they can't sue Zimmerman when he is acquitted.
Wrong. Do you know what immunity is?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:12 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,043 times
[quote=Factsplease;24428169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Plus a felony charge for accosting a police officer...much more likely to resort to deadly force than a teen.

More details emerge in Trayvon Martin investigation - Los Angeles Wave: National World: trayvon martin, george zimmerman, injuries, video, 911 call

Like so many of the posters in this thread

I know; it's reprehensible that people try to demonize a dead teen. In a civilized society this would be seen as the tragedy that it is...apparently America has a long way to go before we meet that criteria. When people ignore Jeb Bush, the police, the co-sponsors of Florida's SYG law and the ME, you know that you've left the realm of rational people and crossed into an area where human decency has no place. Again...like the birthers, this case has become a delusion for what I can only take to be people with no boundaries beyond their own sickness and perversion. No pity, no compassion, no soul.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM

812 posts, read 595,707 times
What in the world have some of you been doing to believe everyone is racist against you. It borders on hilarity.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
So far the only statement from someone with actual knowledge of the facts is from Zimmerman himself, and keep in mind that he made this statement before any other eyewitness had given their statement. By that I mean, he had no idea if anyone would be contradicting his statement, so he is more likely to have stated what he knows as fact. He stated he was returning to his vehicle when TM made contact with him from the rear. He said TM said, " Why are you following me?" GZ replied, "What are you doing here?" Before anything else could be said TM popped GM in the mouth and the rest is history. So far there has been no credible evidence to the contrary.
Your assumptions have already been contradicted by other witnesses, specifically about what was said when GZ and TM spoke and what they said was overheard by the person TM was talking to on the phone.

It's difficult to see "credible evidence" through the haze of bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies