Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,022,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not sure why my unpersonal post was deleted for being personal when I never directed it to anyone in particular or used names...Again, it is disgusting the lengths that some people will go to in an attempt to villify TM - posting videos and pictures that are NOT him and dwelling on the marijuana smoking and screw driver while overlooking GZ's sketchy past and the people who he has bullied. White kids do not get called thugs for doing the same things that TM did and those thing do not justify GZ killing him or getting out of the car to follow him. It takes a low life to get excited about fake videos of TM in an attempt to portray him as a violent black thug.
Apparently you don't have to violate the TOS in any way to get deleted...just upset the peanut gallery.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
What in the world have some of you been doing to believe everyone is racist against you. It borders on hilarity.

I don't know who you are directing this comment toward, but I for one do not thing everyone is racist against me. However, racism does exist - of course I am not surpised that people who get aroused at videos of black kids (that are not TM) fighting and anything to villify TM while disregarding GZ's past run-ins with the law and agressive behavior would say something like that. Personally, I don't find anything hilarious about the death of a seventeen year old who was not committing any crime and killed by a grown man who should have remained in his vehicle. I find the disregard for human life and lack of empathy displayed by internet tough guys/girls here and on some other forums disgraceful and hardly funny.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
What in the world have some of you been doing to believe everyone is racist against you. It borders on hilarity.
This makes no sense in the context of American history. Racism never borders on hilarity.

Btw, I don't see this particular case as being the result of racism or a hate crime. However, the FBI MAY disagree with me. We don't know that yet.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This makes no sense in the context of American history. Racism never borders on hilarity.

Btw, I don't see this particular case as being the result of racism or a hate crime. However, the FBI MAY disagree with me. We don't know that yet.

I agree, I don't think it was a hate crime either, but I do think some of the posters here are racist, especially when they freely call black kids thugs for doing the same thing that many teenagers do. If they find death funny and have this same level of excitement when kids of their own race get killed, they aren't racist, just evil. My post quoting a school psychologist for saying "Young black thugs need to get put down, like the dogs they are." got deleted, but there are people here who think this way and simply because TM did not submit to GZ and fought back, they call him a thug and think GZ was justified in killing him. It really is sad that some people are so bent on GZ getting away with this that they will do anything to make the victim out to look like the villian.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 PM

180 posts, read 202,976 times
Quote:
But I understand he was given a warning from police to avoid a confrontation...yet he disobeyed it.
You're basically saying you don't know what happened, but you know Zimmerman attacked Martin as are many on here. We don't know any such thing. We know that EITHER Zimmerman did find Martin again and did confront him (which as yet NO witness has said), OR Martin confronted Zimmerman and attacked him on his way back to his car (The only witness to this so far is Zimmerman and he says this is what happened). For you to contradict what was said by people who were there without any evidence or reason other than you feel that way is ignorant. By ignorant, I'm not attacking you, but mean ill informed.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree, I don't think it was a hate crime either, but I do think some of the posters here are racist, especially when they freely call black kids thugs for doing the same thing that many teenagers do. If they find death funny and have this same level of excitement when kids of their own race get killed, they aren't racist, just evil. My post quoting a school psychologist for saying "Young black thugs need to get put down, like the dogs they are." got deleted, but there are people here who think this way and simply because TM did not submit to GZ and fought back, they call him a thug and think GZ was justified in killing him. It really is sad that some people are so bent on GZ getting away with this that they will do anything to make the victim out to look like the villian.
It certainly appears that racism is the bias that motivates some and distorts their perceptions. I found the information interesting which was posted regarding what TM's friend overheard on the phone with him when GZ and TM spoke, saying that TM was saying "get off, get off" to Zimmerman just before the phone went dead. Then the same biased perceptions were applied to the girl talking to Trayvon on the phone as have been applied to Trayvon.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I just don't watch all the lies spewed by the MSM.

Besides, I'm simply stating my opinion. Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal. I'm entitled just like you. Sigh !
Yes, you are allowed to give your opinion, uninformed or otherwise.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
You're basically saying you don't know what happened, but you know Zimmerman attacked Martin as are many on here. We don't know any such thing. We know that EITHER Zimmerman did find Martin again and did confront him (which as yet NO witness has said), OR Martin confronted Zimmerman and attacked him on his way back to his car (The only witness to this so far is Zimmerman and he says this is what happened). For you to contradict what was said by people who were there without any evidence or reason other than you feel that way is ignorant. By ignorant, I'm not attacking you, but mean ill informed.
Where was the body located? Where was the car? How far from the car was the body located?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If Casey Anthony wasn't convicted I don't see how Zimmerman is gonna get convicted.
It will depend upon the quality of the State's case as well as Zimmerman's self defense claim. Casey Anthony was acquitted because the State put on a really poor case; they failed.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,175,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Oh no, it's a hoodie! RUN FOR THE HILLS.
Can I limp slowly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies