Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,364,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're referring to a "juror" or "jurors".....not a "jurist." Here's a link to the definition of a "jurist."

jurist - definition of jurist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

IMO, professional jurors is a bad idea. Remember, you have a right to be tried by a "jury of your peers."
Shrug whatever my point is still valid.
Looking at the posts on CD I would feel more comfortable with a hungry shark as my judge.

A real jury of my peers would be like a Military Court Martial. Men or women who have walked the same miles and who have done the job.
I look at how many lawsuits are won not based on fact but based on the deep pockets mentality.
Going to court is a very risky business in this country, your fate more often than not rests upon the charisma of your lawyer.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
What an odd analogy.

Freudian slip?

As a female in S Florida,
If a person looking like GZ ("Shrek" as some other poster mentioned) I would not want a heavy set vigilante stalking me through the streets of my subdivision.
HOA fees are usually over 200 a month.
A qualified watchman without a criminal past should have replaced GZ.
Define qualified? experience training etc.
I shoot with quite a few cops. I actually like most of them. On average few would qualify marksman in the military.
Take a watchman, normally 62 yearold guys, yes they can protect us.
Pay is what $10.00 an hour maybe 12?
You really think that guy gives a damn about you or your property?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,409,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.

Is that any difference than faux trying to vilify a dead youngman?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,409,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Neighborhood watch people don't usually stay in their car.
That police thing is subjective opinion that has nothing to do with the facts. A made for politics document IMO.

Also would have happened if Trayvon didn't use drugs, a burglary tool and gotten himself suspended.

Considering that has absolutely nothing to do with his death. I guess if he was in the process of breaking in someones house while high on crack, you might have had a point.

How about if zimmerman had not been on meds and did not have a history of violence?

Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM

180 posts, read 203,839 times
Quote:
They get pissed off because there are places they can't take their gun into. My friend complains all the time about how you can't take a gun into a bank.
Maybe state laws are different there, but here (CA) anyone with a CCW can take a gun into a bank. We can even carry a gun into a school. Posting a sign does not make something illegal. If I decide to post a sign saying nobody can park in front of my street, guess what? People can still legally park there. You're right that people with CCW's usually carry their weapon everywhere they go. That certainly doesn't make them unhinged.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,412,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You don't understand the story so why would you claim that he deserves jail time..? You understand that he didn't just go shoot up the person. This is not a personal attack, this is a question , is your IQ even above 90?

No, I said I don't know the entire story, as in every little detail. And neither do you unless you're part of the investigation...duh ! But I understand he was given a warning from police to avoid a confrontation...yet he disobeyed it. So go check your IQ you DB !!!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you don't know the whole story, why don't you get the whole story before jumping to conclusions?

I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I just don't watch all the lies spewed by the MSM.

Besides, I'm simply stating my opinion. Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal. I'm entitled just like you. Sigh !

Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,788,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Good luck finding a Police Officer to help you during the commission of a crime.
I wouldn't count on a cop being there. Criminals tend to not commit crimes in front of cops.

The question I responded to was "Who would you rather have patrolling your neighborhood - Zimmerman or Martin?'

The obvious answer is neither.

Quote:
Neighbors are the best defense against crime/perpetrators, where people look out for each other. Very rarely do Police Officers intercept crimes, hence Police Officers are usually the last responders to a crime scene.

Even the best police departments in the country take several minutes to respond to 911 calls for help, usually by that time the perp has fled the scene.
Protecting oneself is a personal responsibility. And you're right - a neighborhood that's aware and watching out for one another is the best situation.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:47 PM

6,175 posts, read 13,013,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
No, I said I don't know the entire story, as in every little detail. And neither do you unless you're part of the investigation...duh ! But I understand he was given a warning from police to avoid a confrontation...yet he disobeyed it. So go check your IQ you DB !!!
First, he was given no such warning. (When he told the dispatcher he was following Martin, he was told "We don't need you to do that," to which he replied "OK," and so far as we can tell, stopped following.) Second, even if he had been given such a warning, he would not have been required to "obey" it unless he was doing something illegal.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I advise you actually read the facts of the case before throwing around insults. It really makes you look even more ignorant than you obviously are, by your own admission.

LOL at you ! No, I don't want to become fixated like all of you here, I have a real life. Again, I said I didn't know all of the details, but enough to voice my opinion. " Throwing around insults", uh, what are you my mother !?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies