Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,547,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Children don't get the regular adult arrest record.

Can you immagine the crap the kid was into if they suspended him three times just at school with the drugs, damage and stolen stuff?

WRONG...Look up Florida rules of Law instead of allowing your ignorance to show.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
He couldda changed the outcome by not throwing the first punch.
We do not know who threw the first punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Zimmerman's group wasn't part of the national neighborhood watch group, they don't necessarily have to follow the national guidelines. Following a suspicious person is risky, but it depends on the circumstances. In this case, Zimmerman was armed and the police were on the way. I don't know it would be so risky to keep an eye on the person and let the police know where he went.
Then they shouldn't have been using official NW signs and otherwise implying they were part the program. They (actually mostly just Zimmerman) were deceiving people.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,340,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Turn your TV on to the news and clean out your ears!!! Things aren't looking good for Trayvon.... They just announced that he had drugs in his system...And it's coming out more that Zimmerman is telling the truth...
I think tha you should follow your own advice. Trayvon had traces of THC in his system, which many of you know is hemp. Common knowledge is that THC stays in your system for 30+ days, meaning that they cannot prove that he was high during the confrontation. Oh one more thing, hemp usage does not make one violent, if anything he would have been at a disadvantage in a fight because his reflexes would have been slowed.

I guess that you did not read the reports from the NY Times and various other police dept stating that the shooting could have been avoided. Thatreally does not look good for zimmerman

Old 05-18-2012, 07:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,759,249 times
Very smart to release some of the information that shows Zimmerman might have been justified. Start creating an expectation of defeat if your case is weak. Larger societal implications to remove the catalyst for civil unrest if Zimmerman found innocent of charges.

96 posts, read 81,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Toxicology report is racist.
Toxicology doesn't take a scraping of the skin

So GZ was RIGHT, he said in the 911 call, that it looked like he was high....and he WAS

13,221 posts, read 12,340,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
True, but what's ironic is that some people are quoting Dershowitz, who was a Harvard Law professor and often called the most liberal, leftist attorney on the planet.

Gee, I wonder who else was a Harvard Law Professor and has been called a liberal leftist?

Actually, I admire Alan Dershowitz, but he also said

"On the basis of the evidence currently in the public record, one likely outcome of the case against George Zimmerman is a mixed one: There may be sufficient evidence for a reasonable prosecutor to indict him for manslaughter, but there may also be doubt sufficient for a reasonable jury to acquit him.

Any such predictions should be accepted with an abundance of caution, however, because the evidence known to the special prosecutor, but not to the public, may paint a different picture. It may be stronger or weaker."

SOURCE
I think the whole ball of wax will come down to the jury selection and who will be on it.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 AM

17,837 posts, read 13,754,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
At the end of the day I think and this is just my opinion, half azzed Thug meets idiot should be the name of the story.
I am tending to agree with you. However, the problem with this situation is that nobody saw the encounter escalate. If Zimmerman walks then it sets a precedent that you can pick a fight, lose it, shoot and kill the other guy and get away with it.

Since we do not have Martin's side of the story we don't know what exactly happened upon the encounter.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,121,323 times
What I don't like is the politicizing of the prosecutors to file charges that may not be appropriate. I think they should remove the current prosecutors and bring in more competent attorneys to review the case and either proceeed with it or drop it. As it stands right now, they say Zimmerman has a good defense attorney. He needs to get a good civil attorney and then go after the prosecutors and police dept. Not to mention the hack news outlets that tried to get a lynch mob afte rhim.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,517 times
From EVENSTAR

Quote:
That's a fancy, big map...can you provide a link to evidence which shows that Martin doubled back to confront Zimmerman? What physical evidence is there to support that claim? LEO made many mistakes, and according to some witnesses ignored or questioned their accounts.
This is the problem and we will have to take Z at his word because nobody saw anything leading up to the fight/shooting. If Z headed back to his truck when the 911 dispatcher told him ''we don't need you to do that'' and TM ambushed him with his back turned, then I can see a claim of self defense, but if he pursued TM even after he was asked not to and confronted or laid his hands on TM, then there can be no claim of self defense.

NYT: Police errors shadow Trayvon Martin case - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Quote:
He told her, she said, that it was Mr. Zimmerman — not Mr. Martin — who was the one screaming, an assertion that remains in dispute.
Again, We will have to take Z's word, He told the paramedics, '''I was screaming/yelling for help, but know one came'' This will be verified in court when they are called to testify

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I am tending to agree with you. However, the problem with this situation is that nobody saw the encounter escalate. If Zimmerman walks then it sets a precedent that you can pick a fight, lose it, shoot and kill the other guy and get away with it.

Since we do not have Martin's side of the story we don't know what exactly happened upon the encounter.
That is why you don't throw a punch at someone who is arguing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.