Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,316,443 times

Advertisements

I heard/read that the shot was fired from a distance of approximately 18 inches.

I never heard that it was 2 - 4 inches before now.

But then, I don't listen to/watch FOX. Maybe, to them, "intermediate range" is 2 - 4 inches?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,443,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The Black Panthers put out a bounty on Zimmerman, his defense team was getting death threats, people are randomly attacking others out of "revenge" for Martin... if I was a key witness for Zimmerman I might change my story too.
Are you saying you would lie? Even lie by omission? Is that right? If you were a key witness for Zimmerman, you would lie and risk that he would go to prison for years because of your lie? You would not have the courage to tell the truth in a situation like that when the person on trial could go to prison for as much as 30 years?

That witness didn't have to give his/her name to the media, nor address, etc., etc. That's why witness names and addresses are redacted before the documents are being filed in the court file.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,002,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I heard/read that the shot was fired from a distance of approximately 18 inches.

But then, I don't listen to/watch FOX. Maybe, to them, "intermediate range" is 2 - 4 inches?
It was from MSNBC, the liberals favorite channel.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...58356#47458356

Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The first prosecutor chose not to prosecute. All evidence I have seen shows that was the right choice. Then came Reverend Al and the victimization crowd and Corey decides to skip the grand jury and try Zimmerman on 2nd degree murder. Has all the ingredients of a political lynching.
You do realize that Corey could have easily insulated herself from any negative political fallout from this case by taking it to a grand jury, don't you? If the grand jury indicted, she would not be blamed. If the grand jury decided not to indict she would not be blamed. Btw, grand juries almost ALWAYS indict. Seems to me that Cory felt she had a very good case in order to skip the grand jury, which would have been great political cover for her in the next election.

The defendant has now been charged, he's out on bail, he has a good defense lawyer, discovery is proceeding, there is a judge assigned to this case, and this is exactly how the system works all the time. The only difference is that Zimmerman has a much, much better lawyer than he would have if he were indigent and had to have a Public Defender. So Zimmerman is ahead at this point.

"All the evidence I have seen".....key words there, all the evidence YOU have seen. Have you gone online to the court file, or have you gone in person to the Clerk's Office, to review all the evidence which has been disclosed through discovery at this point? If not, and if you have not read every file, and listened to every taped interview, and made notes, and analyzed the evidence, then I promise you that you do not know all the evidence at this point. Additionally, the defense has not yet even provided discovery evidence to the State. You're way too early to make even an educated guess about where this will go. You may make a "lucky" guess, but it would only be luck and not an educated guess based on the evidence.

You know maybe it's time to get over Al Sharpton and whoever other activists in the black community. They do not influence judges and juries in a small town with a long history of racism.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,565,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
One more time, in CAPS so it will soak in:

IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO FOLLOW SOMEONE.

Mr. Zimm was completely within his right to walk wherever he wished. He lived there, for cryin' out loud!!!!!
Listen. Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean they are stupid or that they need to be given "caps". Get over yourself. Really.

Lot's of things aren't against the law, that doesn't mean it isn't STUPID or WRONG.

IT ALSO ISN'T AGAINST THE LAW TO TAKE A WALK IN YOUR PARENTS NEIGHBORHOOD.

AND IF SOME CREEPER WERE FOLLOWING ME FOR NO GOOD REASON I'D BE FREAKING CONCERNED TOO.

That being said. It doesn't mean I have the right to turn around and smash his head.

THEY BOTH MADE BAD DECISONS.

Yeah, I know where my caps lock is too. Have a nice evening/day whatever.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,002,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"All the evidence I have seen".....key words there, all the evidence YOU have seen. Have you gone online to the court file, or have you gone in person to the Clerk's Office, to review all the evidence which has been disclosed through discovery at this point? If not, and if you have not read every file, and listened to every taped interview, and made notes, and analyzed the evidence, then I promise you that you do not know all the evidence at this point. Additionally, the defense has not yet even provided discovery evidence to the State. You're way too early to make even an educated guess about where this will go. You may make a "lucky" guess, but it would only be luck and not an educated guess based on the evidence.

You know maybe it's time to get over Al Sharpton and whoever other activists in the black community. They do not influence judges and juries in a small town with a long history of racism.
The first prosecutor saw enough to do the right thing. Corey saw political opportunity.

‘Intermediate range’ shot killed Trayvon Martin - Video on TODAY.com

Innocent.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,163,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The point to the "stand your ground" law is that law-abiding citizens don't have to make themselves scarce when a criminal shows up.
It also means that they aren't immediately charged with a crime for defending themselves, the life of another, or their property.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:

There are various estimates out there from various people and news media.

Bottom line is that the official ME report has been released, there is a link to it, and you can read it for yourself. The medical examiner states in two different places that the shot was fired from "intermediate range." The medical examiner did not state what he estimated to be the exact number of inches in his report. However, certainly at some point, either in a deposition or at trial, one of the attorneys is going to ask him how many inches HE means by "intermediate range." And my guess is it's going to be a range. But at this point we don't know what he will say, whether it's 2" to 4" or 1" to 5" or 5" to 10"..or whatever...we just don't know.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Innocent looking or not. . .
I mean seriously, who patrols everynight with a neighborhood watch group and is responsible for something like 72 calls to 911 over the course of a few months...
Police officers do the same thing. Aren't police officers portrayed as people from the community who try to keep the community "safe"? Isn't that what neighborhood watch groups are supposed to do. And isn't that what George Zimmerman was doing?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
WHAT laws did Trayvon break that night? "Possession of Skittles?"
Yes - the green ones in particular are considered a "controlled substance".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies