Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM

9,183 posts, read 5,873,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
More than once does

The Zimmerman Zombies have lost it now that their hero has been proven a LIAR by the judge.

So then two makes "numerous?"

Hero? That's funny.

(somebody else may be a liar.)

Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,664,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I haven't paid much attention to this latest thing about lying about the money, but what little I have heard is that George's WIFE lied about the money. Since she's not on trial and a wife can't be forced to testify against her husband, who knows how this will play out.

So far, the Trayvoniacs are batting zero. I'm guessing they'll end up with egg on their collective faces over this money thing, too. What precious little I've seen of George's attorney, he seems to like baiting George's detractors, then slamming them with the truth.
Oh noes ....the Zimmerman Zombies are completely discombobulated now that their Georgie Porgie has been sent back to jail for lying to the judge.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,446,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
What you and others do not understand is that it does not matter what happened up to the last five seconds before any physical contact. None of it matters and you will eventually learn that. All the prognostications and imaginations of the wanna be pretend lawyers posting here will not change that. In fact they are demonstrating childlike pretentiousness. The next big story they could be pretend astronauts I suppose
"does not matter what happened up to the last five seconds before any physical contact".....you could not possibly be more incorrect. Now where did you get your law degree? Again, have you contacted Zimmerman's defense team and let them know that nothing matters up until the last five seconds? If that's true, O'Mara should be filing motions to dismiss the case right this minute.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
what child? Oh you mean the 17 yearold young man. When I think of a child I invision little league baseball, teddybears,innocence etc.
GZ ? an idiot, wanna be bad ass. The young man killed? Inspite of the sugar coating he was not a model citizen and maybe worse. I am still confused about why use old pics instead of something a little more up to date? Well we know why. The latest pics would not have served the propoganda fuction the old pics served.
IMO
Perfect storm. Idiot meets idiot. Wannabe hero meets wannabe thug.
So what do you call someone who has just turned 17 years old? They aren't old enough to drink legally. They aren't old enough to join the military. Their brains are not fully developed yet. They aren't old enough to vote. Their parents typically still make legal decisions for them. Our society does not consider someone 17 years old to be an adult or a "man."

You must not be keeping up in terms of photographs. There are plenty of age appropriate photos out there of Trayvon.

"A National Institutes of Health study proposes that the part of the brain that restrains risky behavior, including reckless driving, and thinking skills is not fully developed until the age of 25."

http://www.academic.marist.edu/mwwat...5/science1.htm

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-ch...lops-by-age-25

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-05-2012 at 07:35 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 07:32 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,645,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
It seems as if you are cherrypicking the news reports to reinforce your notion that Zimmerman was within his rights in killing Martin under the SYG law. Very well, but do keep in mind that the police did not file charges originally because they believed Zimmerman's statement that he was only defending himself. His credibility is very suspect now.

Also, as far as we know, none of the witnesses that saw Martin beating Zimmerman saw who initiated the fight. One could have the opinion that Zimmerman, although empowered by the weapon he possessed, had the misfortune to assault an individual with far superior fighting skills, who was in the process of giving Zimmerman a well-deserved whipping before the fatal shot was administered.

Even though Zimmerman may not be convicted, I don't see him as a winner. Based upon his history, he may even screw up again in the future, ala O.J. Simpson, and return to jail for an unrelated crime. No, the real winner is the NRA, which is raking in the membership fees, especially in the SYG states. George will never really be free, as he has a target on his back for the crazies that would take justice in their own hands. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I haven't paid much attention to this latest thing about lying about the money, but what little I have heard is that George's WIFE lied about the money. Since she's not on trial and a wife can't be forced to testify against her husband, who knows how this will play out.

So far, the Trayvoniacs are batting zero. I'm guessing they'll end up with egg on their collective faces over this money thing, too. What precious little I've seen of George's attorney, he seems to like baiting George's detractors, then slamming them with the truth.
It's rather obvious that you have paid little attention to the lying issue.

Actually his wife can be charged with perjury, and this is one of the rare times I think the state might do that. George just sat in the courtroom and listened to his wife lie to the judge about THEIR finances, all the time knowing that he had spoken to her about the finances via telephone from jail. George threw his wife under the bus basically, and the judge took notice that George did nothing to attempt to "correct" his wife's lies, therefore misleading the court by his silence. I don't think the "Trayvoniacs" (as you so love to call people who oppose the idea that Trayvon was a "thug" and therefore his death is no big loss) are going to be surprised at all as far as what happens regarding Zimmerman's and his wife's lies.

Finally, I don't think O'Mara is playing any baiting games with anybody. After all, who knows who will be on the jury.

Why don't you google the "money/lies issue" and learn something about what happened?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,645,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
How about Trayvons credibility? Was he a thug? Few things going on it that background too you know.
*******s is national ,red neck a little more regional, but plenty of red necks yet you have this vision among your other many visions that they are mutually exclusive. As if to be a liberal you must wear a grey wool sweater and pretend to be more intelligent than your neighbor. There are red necks on both sides of the political argument in plenty. However a *******s is a *******s is a *******s.
Every red neck that I have ever met has always been a republican because they loved all their guns.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 PM

812 posts, read 598,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"does not matter what happened up to the last five seconds before any physical contact".....you could not possibly be more incorrect. Now where did you get your law degree? Again, have you contacted Zimmerman's defense team and let them know that nothing matters up until the last five seconds? If that's true, O'Mara should be filing motions to dismiss the case right this minute.
following you is not a provocation. It is more likely an angry young man without supervision. You know, the really telling feature of the worship Trayvon crowd with positively no allowances for z is the following. As you do in politics, global warming, all the liberal love joys you bought hook line and sinker the twelve yearoldcangelic countenance of Trayvon the anti gun lobby choirboy. Now you have your image to worship. Moron in chief Obama buys it hook and sinker as well with the my son tribute.

Do you folks ever think for yourselves. At least those of us that do not buy the probability that Trayvon was neccesarily provoked into reacting violently ,(I dont think any of you still hold out that he did not act violently,)hold outvthatvperhaps Z did place a fatherlyhand on the young mans shoulder. if Z did that I would even go so far as to concede he is not only a murderer but an ahole.

This acknowledgement does not change my position that the facts that I know indicate it was an overreaction on Trayvons part that lead to his death. We have the right to be curious and protective of our neighborhood. Didvz use good discretion if he approached, not just no but he'll no

However, what I am hearing from the pro Trayvon crowd amounts to a pitchfork and torches lynch mob that could care less about anything more than the events conjured up in their fertile imaginations.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-06-2012 at 04:40 AM..

Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM

84 posts, read 57,478 times
Free Zimmerman. False arrest, prisoner of conscious.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
The posts in this thread are getting beyond idiotic....
What are you having difficulty understanding about this case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies