Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 PM

12,426 posts, read 8,219,855 times

Advertisements

Disney fired James Gunn from Guardians Of The Galaxy vol. III over some old tweets

Old 07-20-2018, 02:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,644,812 times
Yep! Disney doesn't like jokes about rape, pedophilia, and monkeys ejaculating on child actors (a story that Gunn reportedly like telling because it made him "happy"):

https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/...88572837351427

Old 07-21-2018, 02:50 PM

406 posts, read 289,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Yep! Disney doesn't like jokes about rape, pedophilia, and monkeys ejaculating on child actors (a story that Gunn reportedly like telling because it made him "happy"):
Now that's just weird.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:04 PM

22,954 posts, read 28,375,529 times
https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-f...al-statements/

Disney Fires Thanos After Uncovering Controversial Statements

Old 07-21-2018, 04:19 PM

https://movieweb.com/worlds-of-dc-new-title-dceu/

Quote:
DCEU Officially Becomes Worlds of DC

What was commonly known as the DCEU officially died at San Diego Comic-Con today, but that's not at all a bad thing. The studio didn't actually come in and kill the interconnected universe they began with Man of Steel in 2013. However, they made it very clear that it won't be business as usual moving forward and that started with the studio officially rebranding their on-screen DC universe as Worlds of DC. RIP DCEU: 2013 to 2018.

Jokes aside, the DCEU, or DC Extended Universe, was never technically an official name for the universe of connected movies. But with Warner Bros. stepping out and giving it an official title with Worlds of DC, they're making a statement that the future is bright and they're going to make whatever changes are necessary to make sure these movies are much better, or at least less divisive, if you're one of those who enjoyed Zack Snyder's vision, moving forward. It isn't completely clear at the moment if this Worlds of DC banner will include movies like the Joker origin movie, which will take place outside of what was the DCEU continuity. We've been hearing that the studio will launch a separate banner to tell standalone stories for some time now.

Worlds of DC, without question, absolutely owned SDCC 2018. That much is certain. To go along with the rebranding, Warner Bros. brought the house down with a ton of footage from their upcoming releases. They decided not to focus on announcing a bunch of future titles. Instead, they're sticking to what they actually have in the pipeline.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:40 PM

I wasn't all that impressed with the TITANS preview. It looked like an R-rated CW show.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:07 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,994,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-f...al-statements/

Disney Fires Thanos After Uncovering Controversial Statements
Bummer.... And I really wanted to see the Avengers 4.

Although I wonder if they can just undo the 'snappening' in Avengers 4 without Thanos in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ3DKv6ft_0

"It snappened to me and it could snappen to you."

Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 AM

Really good analysis of what it is that is not working in most DC movies: The Two Crucial Filmmaking Elements Causing All Your Movie Feuds | Observer

In fact, you can just read that to understand why Batman vs. Superman didn't work at all and Man of Steel was weak. And more importantly, what Wonder Woman did so well.

It also explains (very specifically in fact) why a critical scene in INFINITY WAR, which should have been the heart of the movie, was quite hollow.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM

Film Crit Hulk needs to get to the point. He goes on and on and makes an article three times longer than it has to be. Not to mention he calls himself "Film Crit Hulk," which is why I don't read his stuff.

Quote:
I remember I once met a guy who was a projectionist at a great theater. He was smart as hell. He had seen a zillion movies. I don’t think he knew the rules from studying person, but through pure absorption, I think intuitively knew all the rules and could thus “see the strings” of any movie that had any kind of real manipulation to it. And he had a fascinating argument for why he loved J.J. Abrams (and thereby his specific brand of textural filmmaking). For him, it’s because J.J. isn’t operating by story rules, but instead using the same intuitive story sense to constantly try to surprise the audience. He’ll zig instead of zag and constantly keeps the audience on their visceral toes without ever really building to a thing. For this viewer, he could throw all logic and story sensibility to the wind precisely because it allows him to zone out and feel something and emote along with it…It is as fascinating an argument as I’ve ever seen for liking his work, but when I think about this verbiage I realize how much it sounds like the language of addiction.
MoS wasn't weak at all. The conflict in that film couldn't be more apparent. Zod's impetus couldn't be more overt. Compare it to that one movie where the climactic fight follows "Why didn't you tell me your homeboy offed my 'rents, dude! JERKWAD!!"

FCH also pumps up Black Panther too much. The entire last third of that movie needed a do-over.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:26 PM

"The Flash Co-director Hints at 2020 Release Date"

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...-release-date/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies