Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 08:29 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah, I know. But Black Mask has been a formidable Batman villain in the past --- and one who has yet to make it to the big screen, which is why I suspect that's where they're going.
No need to suspect anything. Black Mask is the advertised villain of Birds of Prey, which features characters from the Batverse.

Matt Reeves has yielded very little information about his script for The Batman. Black Mask isn't going to be the villain. More likely:

Quote:
It depends. When they portray him as a weird little sewer monster with all sorts of bird-themed gadgets ... yeah, that's pretty dumb. But a vicious little gangster with a weird nickname? That works. The best way to do the Penguin is to give him the ambition and temperament of Al Capone, but put him in the accountant's body.
Read Batman: Earth One Vol. 1.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:26 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
No need to suspect anything. Black Mask is the advertised villain of Birds of Prey.
May be. But I'll believe that movie is actually being made and released when I see the first trailer. If AQUAMAN isn't a big hit, I suspect all these plans are going out the window.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
May be. But I'll believe that movie is actually being made and released when I see the first trailer. If AQUAMAN isn't a big hit, I suspect all these plans are going out the window.
The Batman is going to happen. I repeat: there is no way The Batman is not happening. The Batman will happen regardless of Aquaman's box office performance.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
The Batman is going to happen. I repeat: there is no way The Batman is not happening. The Batman will happen regardless of Aquaman's box office performance.
That I don't doubt. But I am more than a little dubious that Birds of Prey will happen.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:33 PM

BoP starts filming in February regardless of how Aquaman is received.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:20 PM

I do not approve.

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1034201355563352064

Old 08-27-2018, 06:44 PM

https://twitter.com/Kellvin_Chavez/s...03816424185857

Quote:
While the show opens with a horror sequence, for the most part, the pilot is focused on establishing the town of Houma and the characters that live within it rather than the scares. But when the frights do come, they work. Funnily, SWAMP THING has a lot in common with shows like SHARP OBJECTS and CASTLE ROCK whereby an inhabitant of an old town comes back after decades away and sees how much it has/hasn’t changed. Meet Abby Arcane, a CDC medical agent who returns to, you guessed it, Houma after decades away to investigate the outbreak of a new infection that is taking over the town. Along with her investigation, we meet a bunch of characters. Most notably Alec Holland, a person who is also drawn to the swamp virus for reasons I won’t get into… There’s also Abby’s friend in the CDC, Harlan; the wealthy family Mr. and Mrs. Sunderland, who have a complicated history with Abby; and a police officer, Matt Cable, among many others. All of them are solid characters, though nothing incredibly deep, they do the job. I particularly liked Abby’s relationship with Mrs. Sunderland, who still holds resentment for Abby after what she did to their family decades ago. It’s one of the highlights of this episode.

Anyway, back to the crux of the story: the infection. It is seriously gross. It’s vomit-inducing gross. It’s described as causing plant growth inside of people that create their bodies to be mutilated and mixed with plant matter to produce a hybrid of grossness. And I guess that’s part of why SWAMP THING feels so unique. There aren’t that many ‘scares’ in the pilot, but there’s a hell of a lot of weird, creepy s***! There are plenty of body-horror visuals that are perhaps even more desired than traditional horror elements. The world of SWAMP THING is what is established in this pilot, and it’s spooky.
Exclusive: SWAMP THING Story Details Are HERE!!

Old 08-28-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah. Ouch. And I like Alec Baldwin as an actor. Very much. He is one of the few actors who can be both brilliant at comedy and drama --- sometimes at the same time. But Thomas Wayne needs an air of dignity, class, and kindness. Not three things I think when I think "Alec Baldwin."

And what is Thomas Wayne doing in a Joker movie????

Old 08-28-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
https://twitter.com/Kellvin_Chavez/s...03816424185857

Exclusive: SWAMP THING Story Details Are HERE!!

SWAMP THING has a lot in common with shows like SHARP OBJECTS and CASTLE ROCK
I hope this will be good. Swamp Thing could be an incredible TV show in the right hands. But the immediate comparison to SHARP OBJECTS and CASTLE ROCK leave me a little nervous. Those are two shows that I was very much looking forward to, both of which left me rather disappointed. Too much style. Not enough substance.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:40 AM

It's just one guy's take from, it looks like...having a gander at the script??!! It hasn't even filmed yet. But Verheiden kicked arse on Ash vs Evil Dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies