Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 10:41 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's one helluva run-on sentence. The tweets were dug up by two alt-righters because Gunn constantly trashed Trump on his timeline.
Yeah, I know. But firing the director and postponing or even cancelling a successful movie series, as well as angering cast and crew, seems like an extreme over-reaction for some old tweets. I suspect there is more to the story that we'll probably never know.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:36 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yeah, I know. But firing the director and postponing or even cancelling a successful movie series, as well as angering cast and crew, seems like an extreme over-reaction for some old tweets. I suspect there is more to the story that we'll probably never know.
Who knows. No way is GOTGV3 getting canceled unless the cast mutinies.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't bother me.

As a fan, I think the MCU is in need of a reboot --- and with Marvel now having the film rights back to the FF and the X-Men, Chris Evans ready to leave, Hugh Jackman done, the timing couldn't be better.

But I have little hope that will actually happen. Too many revenue streams involved, and suits at tables are not big on taking risks. A new MCU without Downey, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johannsen, etc. would be a big risk.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't bother me.
Ditto. I hated GOTGV2, not to mention the liberties Gunn took with Star-Lord.

Quote:
As a fan, I think the MCU is in need of a reboot --- and with Marvel now having the film rights back to the FF and the X-Men, Chris Evans ready to leave, Hugh Jackman done, the timing couldn't be better.

But I have little hope that will actually happen. Too many revenue streams involved, and suits at tables are not big on taking risks. A new MCU without Downey, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johannsen, etc. would be a big risk.
I don't think ScarJo's hold on Natasha is anywhere near Downey's or Evans' on their characters. I like Liz Olsen as Wanda much more. Evans is the best of the crop. He's an awesome Cap. As for Stark, Banner or Lang, they can recast anytime.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 PM

https://twitter.com/OmegaUGround/sta...85025655963653

Old 08-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I don't think ScarJo's hold on Natasha is anywhere near Downey's or Evans' on their characters.
Agreed. But it's not her fault. The scripts just haven't given her much to work with beyond action scenes and eye candy.

Quote:
I'm betting they want him for Black Mask.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:00 PM

12,424 posts, read 8,214,281 times
Quote:
Dave Bautista did mutiny. The rest of the cast from the next most vocal,Chris Pratt on down gave Gunn and Bautista at least moral support

Old 08-26-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Dave Bautista did mutiny. The rest of the cast from the next most vocal,Chris Pratt on down gave Gunn and Bautista at least moral support
So Bautista is out for real or for show?

Old 08-26-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Agreed. But it's not her fault. The scripts just haven't given her much to work with beyond action scenes and eye candy.
Certainly not after The Winter Soldier. This is where not connecting the movies and Netflix shows is a fail. Widow and DD had many a tandem adventure. Many. Widow's better in that climate.

Quote:
I'm betting they want him for Black Mask.
Probably an updated version of Cobblepot. It's for The Batman, not Birds of Prey. But he could do either. Really looking forward to seeing Black Mask. I'm not a fan of the Penguin, but I concur his redo in Batman: Earth One was great.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Certainly not after The Winter Soldier. This is where not connecting the movies and Netflix shows is a fail. Widow and DD had many a tandem adventure. Many. Widow's better in that climate.
Yeah her inclusion in the Avengers never made a lot of sense to me.

An indestructible green giant with massive strength? Check.

A super solider with the strength of Hercules and the soul of Sergeant York? Check.

A genius billionaire wearing the most high tech weaponry on Earth? Check.

A god? Check.

A mutant who can warp the very fabric of reality? Yeah!

Hey, I know martial arts and I'm really good with a pistol! Seriously, the "pose scene" in the first Avengers movie only served to show how ridiculous BW's presence was there. "Hey, the aliens and their flying dragon worm are about to level Manhattan. No worries. My pistol holds 12 bullets."

Same thing with Hawkeye by the way. He and Widow make sense as part of a covert espionage operation. Battling armies and near omnipotent alien warlords? Nope.

Quote:
Probably an updated version of Cobblepot. It's for The Batman, not Birds of Prey.
Yeah, I know. But Black Mask has been a formidable Batman villain in the past --- and one who has yet to make it to the big screen, which is why I suspect that's where they're going.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the Penguin, but I concur his redo in Batman: Earth One was great.
It depends. When they portray him as a weird little sewer monster with all sorts of bird-themed gadgets ... yeah, that's pretty dumb. But a vicious little gangster with a weird nickname? That works. The best way to do the Penguin is to give him the ambition and temperament of Al Capone, but put him in the accountant's body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies