Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 07:53 AM

12,817 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
On-topic:
I just bought another 40 N95 masks on the 3M site through an authorized reseller. You have to tell them it’s for industrial work. I put down marine worker. Plausible since I will be painting the bottom of my boat using an N95 mask. It was a bit cheaper there than on the evil Bezos site and unlikely to be a knockoff.
A buddy of mine owns an autobody shop and I got mine through him at wholesale. They're marketed as "automotive" masks, but they're the same thing. Back in May 2020, his mother's office (she's a nurse at a small private MD's office) couldn't get medical N95s, so they got the automotive ones marketed as medical. I've used them for years to scrape the bottom of my boat and paint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 08:06 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
It is worth looking at, but it's pretty elementary to observe that the period "after the vaccine" is the same as the period "after the pandemic". Or really, "during the pandemic", since it's very much still happening. And the indirect results of Covid-19 are showing up all too often--like worsening drug abuse and mental health issues. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are heart problems too. Plus everything is worse because lots of people postponed medical treatment when we were all in lockdown.

Of course we should be willing to hear about problems caused by the vaccines, if evidence appears. But just saying we have vaccines and problems, so it must be true that one causes the other--that's not logical.
Covid-19 is known to cause myocarditis, arrythmia, and more. Here for example is a recent review where they were looking at fatal cases and found post mortem: "Main cardiac pathological findings were cardiac dilatation, necrosis, lymphocytic infiltration of the myocardium, and small coronary vessel microthrombosis" - none of which is good.
See: "Myocardial Pathology in COVID-19-Associated Cardiac Injury: A Systematic Review"
https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4418/11/9/1647/htm

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 11-30-2021 at 08:18 AM..

Old 11-30-2021, 08:38 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Did you attend school here in MA (elementary, secondary, or college)? Or any of the 50 states, for that matter? If so, please consider yourself a "serf" too, since you had to get subjected to probably over a dozen vaccines already. And yes, had to submit proof thereof, in order to enroll.
Serf? Not here. We’re a narco-syndicalist commune
— Monty Python movie quote

Old 11-30-2021, 08:43 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
OutdoorLover--well yeah, but the claim was that the vaccine might cause heart problems, rather than Covid itself. I'm skeptical about that idea, and it's becoming clear that the pandemic has caused a lot of health problems even for people who haven't had the disease. Rushing to blame the vaccine is very foolish, but it's worth keeping up the message that this illness can cause lasting harm, even if you survive.

One side effect of the pandemic is that some of us are becoming super-spreaders of crazy ideas! I suppose it comes from the feeling of powerlessness that we've all had. It might feel good to come up with some nutty false claim, and even if you don't really believe it, it could be a pleasant feeling just to spread the idea around. It might be a way to feel a little more important when we have hardly any options to make things better.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:45 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
OutdoorLover--well yeah, but the claim was that the vaccine might cause heart problems, rather than Covid itself. I'm skeptical about that idea, and it's becoming clear that the pandemic has caused a lot of health problems even for people who haven't had the disease. Rushing to blame the vaccine is very foolish, but it's worth keeping up the message that this illness can cause lasting harm, even if you survive.

One side effect of the pandemic is that some of us are becoming super-spreaders of crazy ideas! I suppose it comes from the feeling of powerlessness that we've all had. It might feel good to come up with some nutty false claim, and even if you don't really believe it, it could be a pleasant feeling just to spread the idea around. It might be a way to feel a little more important when we have hardly any options to make things better.
Yes, I wasn't writing in opposition to what you wrote, I was trying to reinforce the point.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:54 AM

266 posts, read 235,634 times
Not sure I understand the decision to move my comment to this thread instead of having its own.

The introduction of covid shot passports is the biggest news around. Going to completely change how we understand life. "Want to buy food for your family? Show me your papers."

Is the idea that this is a containment thread? And no matter how awful or disgusting things get here, regardless of what awful corruption the government and mob brings down upon us in the name of covid, it gets buried in here?

Lol at the people in this state.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:57 AM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
Not sure I understand the decision to move my comment to this thread instead of having its own.
This is where your comment belongs.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:57 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Did you attend school here in MA (elementary, secondary, or college)? Or any of the 50 states, for that matter? If so, please consider yourself a "serf" too, since you had to get subjected to probably over a dozen vaccines already. And yes, had to submit proof thereof, in order to enroll.
I differentiate between one-time shots taken mostly when I was very young, and a program of semiannual (or even more frequent) shots taken as an adult under threat of losing my job/social life/assets. You don't, because you're not arguing in good faith.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:20 AM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Is nobody thinking that we are a joke - the world is confirming dozens of cases all over, contact tracing, finding community transmission (ie no links to travel to Africa) and we still haven't confirmed a single one? How can we not be leading with this? Of course, since Biden wants to just do more of the same - vaccinate, boost, and develop a new vaccine if necessary, I guess identifying Omicron quickly doesn't really matter.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:31 AM

266 posts, read 235,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
This is where your comment belongs.
I guess if you want to cover the fact that some of the people of Massachusetts and their thugs in government are trying to enforce an SS like show-me-your-papers system. Then yeah. Bury the news inside a massive never ending containment thread.

For people who like being free citizens though and not living in a police state it is a big issue worthy of highlighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts