Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 04:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,675,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The vaccines are the *best* weapon we have. No vaccine is 100%, and the mRNA ones that are approved have outperformed initial expectations.

Haphazard response--it's all on certain states who have taken it upon themselves to actively block, rather than encourage, vaccine requirements. And then on top of that, all the disinformation campaigns. Thank God MA, and our Governor, are quite the opposite.
Forced inoculations with imperfect vaccines should never been the only option on the table. I've noticed that the term "disinformation" is used these days mostly by people who are intolerant of opposing ideas and viewpoints. Historically such tactics have been used by specific groups and those who know history know who I'm referring to. If anything has discouraged use of the vaccines it is people who consistently mock those with questions and concerns, and those that suppress opposing views. Moralizing a disease is definitely not smart public health strategy, if comprehensive public health is truly the goal. Basic stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 05:20 PM

3,085 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Forced inoculations with imperfect vaccines should never been the only option on the table. I've noticed that the term "disinformation" is used these days mostly by people who are intolerant of opposing ideas and viewpoints. Historically such tactics have been used by specific groups and those who know history know who I'm referring to. If anything has discouraged use of the vaccines it is people who consistently mock those with questions and concerns, and those that suppress opposing views. Moralizing a disease is definitely not smart public health strategy, if comprehensive public health is truly the goal. Basic stuff.
so so true! Imperfect is an understatement.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:23 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
Right but what's the recourse? Thoughts and prayers? Look no vaccines are perfect but we're talking about a global strategy. This isn't like pinning the Iraq was on the US. If we want fewer variants this is the only long term solution.

You aren't making a logical argument.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:13 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
That's a "no." As in, "no, it is NOT true that I would have 'no issue taking them'." I've never said or implied otherwise at any point, so your "story keeps changing" remark is baseless. I'm not going to elaborate further because I've not been given reason to think you would respond in good faith. Enjoy your Sisyphean vaccine push. You're on ignore.
Clearly not, because my truisms seem to invoke a response. So did you get homeschooled in Ohio to avoid the dozen+ mandated, tyrannical vaccines or not?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Right but what's the recourse? Thoughts and prayers? Look no vaccines are perfect but we're talking about a global strategy. This isn't like pinning the Iraq was on the US. If we want fewer variants this is the only long term solution.

Bingo!

Thoughts & prayers, "go get exercise and eat right" (the biggest joke, when half of America is clinically obese and subsists on fast food). All of this is nothing more than coded language for "We want to do nothing, and we don't want the government telling us what to do."

It's 100% deflection because there have no better answer. Or, just like the gun lobby, letting innocents die is an acceptable price to pay...anything better than subjecting themselves to any government action.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
so so true! Imperfect is an understatement.
Stop wearing seat belts tomorrow. They're also imperfect.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:17 AM

17,760 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Right but what's the recourse? Thoughts and prayers?
Quote:

Yep. It's crazy. Actually it's completely mind boggling that some of these people seem to think they're smarter than the experts.

And it's just insane that they think "moving on" would result in the world going back to normal.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:40 AM

17,760 posts, read 9,208,286 times
According to the experts, the vaccines have prevented 10.3 million hospitalizations and 1.1 million deaths.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:12 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
The thing is when it comes down to it these are the same arguments that I purchase the past 18 months it has to be frank I'm not afraid of dying of covid. I'm relatively healthy. However at the same poem I know that if I potentially get it and spread it I feel bad. I know many people that do have compromised immunity systems. I also know that if you knowingly spread something you can be legally liable.

Can we have a cape Republic house? Absolutely that's why we have fluoride in most communities in the water system, that's why we've got public health clinics, that's why we have clean air and Water Act, that's why we expand public lighting sidewalks to an able from your walking ability so people can get outside, don't even get me started about the number of parks and playgrounds and bike trails and it all adds up.

Can I be a pain to wear masks? Sometimes but I think even the mask manufacturers recommend you don't wear it for more than 4 hours at a time. The vaccine works and it's free and it's not that hard to get. If it cost $1,000 and you could only get it in Topeka Kansas every second Thursday then that's a problem

Old 12-16-2021, 05:51 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Quote:
The thing is when it comes down to it these are the same arguments that I purchase the past 18 months it has to be frank I'm not afraid of dying of covid. I'm relatively healthy. However at the same poem I know that if I potentially get it and spread it I feel bad. I know many people that do have compromised immunity systems. I also know that if you knowingly spread something you can be legally liable.

Can we have a cape Republic house? Absolutely that's why we have fluoride in most communities in the water system, that's why we've got public health clinics, that's why we have clean air and Water Act, that's why we expand public lighting sidewalks to an able from your walking ability so people can get outside, don't even get me started about the number of parks and playgrounds and bike trails and it all adds up.

Can I be a pain to wear masks? Sometimes but I think even the mask manufacturers recommend you don't wear it for more than 4 hours at a time. The vaccine works and it's free and it's not that hard to get. If it cost $1,000 and you could only get it in Topeka Kansas every second Thursday then that's a problem
At my company, everyone is vaccinated, and we wear masks in the office too. It's a relatively small company, plus most people have advanced STEM degrees, so I don't think there would be much opposition - in fact I heard from our C-suite boss that the policies were driven largely by input from the scientists who have to come into the labs. Still, I doubt there is 100% approval among the roughly 150 employees. But you know what? I have heard all kinds of allegations by anti-maskers and anti-vaxers, but virtually all of them have been false, many crazily so. And, if people just get vaxed and put on a mask in the office, it's actually not hard and then the risk of people getting long Covid or even dying is minimized - that seems quite a worthwhile tradeoff for the inconvenience. There are all these histrionics from a minority of people, but the reality is just not a big deal.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 12-16-2021 at 06:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts