Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 09:47 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
You said "by all measures."

What's wild is it's totally an unforced error on your part.
You always enjoy trolling other states' message boards?

Maybe you should go get vaxxed and boosted instead, and do your part for society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 09:52 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You always enjoy trolling other states' message boards?

Maybe you should go get vaxxed and boosted instead, and do your part for society.
Taking this shot isn't "doing my part for society." If it were, your state wouldn't have the same level of transmission with 88% of people having taken at least one shot that it did with no one having taken any shots.

Continue to sermonize about how two plus two equals five, and I'll continue to be here to call you out.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:02 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Taking this shot isn't "doing my part for society." If it were, your state wouldn't have the same level of transmission with 88% of people having taken at least one shot that it did with no one having taken any shots.

Continue to sermonize about how two plus two equals five, and I'll continue to be here to call you out.
Where is the data corrected for testing efforts that show this?

Old 12-14-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Where is the data corrected for testing efforts that show this?
Maybe you would prefer the wastewater data: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

To anticipate your follow-up question, no, this is not adjusted for number of dumps taken per capita in December 2020 versus 2021.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Maybe you would prefer the wastewater data: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

To anticipate your follow-up question, no, this is not adjusted for number of dumps taken per capita in December 2020 versus 2021.
This is showing me we're in a much better place. The breadth of the spike is far narrower (so far at least). A larger timeline would be needed to be sure, however, and its at a time when boosters would be needed by many. But, from that alone, yes, we are in a considerably better place.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
This is showing me we're in a much better place. The breadth of the spike is far narrower (so far at least). A larger timeline would be needed to be sure, however, and its at a time when boosters would be needed by many. But, from that alone, yes, we are in a considerably better place.
A lot of talk about what the graph doesn't show.

What it is does show is that Sars-Cov-2 in the wastewater in a populous section of Massachusetts continuously has been at increased levels year-over-year, since about August 2021.

Old 12-14-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
A lot of talk about what the graph doesn't show.

What it is does show is that Sars-Cov-2 in the wastewater in a populous section of Massachusetts continuously has been at increased levels year-over-year, since about August 2021.
No, it doesn't. It shows reduced community transmission during a time where bars are open, restaurants open, clubs and gyms and more and more workplaces open, unlike December 2020. It's showing a considerable and impressive reduction in community transmission when comparing apples to apples and taking into account a more transmissible variable and the overlap in the need for boosters when they weren't available yet.

Old 12-14-2021, 11:03 AM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
A project manager I used to work with IM'd me on social media to say he has long Covid and is not doing well, plus he lost his job and this won't help him get the next one *sigh*. I am trying to provide him with some actionable info.

Old 12-14-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. It shows lack of sustained community transmission during a time where bars are open, restaurants open, clubs and gyms and more and more workplaces open, unlike December 2020. It's showing a considerable and impressive reduction in community transmission when comparing apples to apples.
It literally does show higher levels than last year, continuously since August. Are you accusing me of lying, or not being able to read the graph?

Old 12-14-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
It literally does. Are you accusing me of lying, or not being able to read the graph?
I think you're not reading the graph well, but the original issue wasn't level of covid in wastewater, but community transmission. You said:

Quote:
your state wouldn't have the same level of transmission with 88% of people having taken at least one shot that it did with no one having taken any shots.
I asked for proof of that. You provided "proof" that shows the opposite. Similar spikes, but overall less sustained transmission now, with restaurants, bars, gyms, workplaces (largley) being open. It's showing a lower level of transmission when accounting for the variables including delta and the need for boosters in that timeframe, which one must do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts