Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2021, 07:46 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,930,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A record is different then forcing people to take a drug or vaccine. It's a human rights violation..

Look this is a Canadian lawyer but human rights apply to all countries ...

https://youtu.be/BPQq7CpPfh4

A mandate is not a law.
Vaccine records (or passports) are functionally equivalent to a driver’s license. You need them for certain activities, but they are absolutely not required and people can get along fine without them. I know there are some that claim drivers licenses are also fascist, but they have generally been at the fringe of the libertarian movement.

No one is being forced to be vaccinated. There are no constitutionally protected activities that are being restricted by vaccine requirements. Maybe if they tied your voting rights to vaccination I would feel differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Vaccine records (or passports) are functionally equivalent to a driver’s license. You need them for certain activities, but they are absolutely not required and people can get along fine without them. I know there are some that claim drivers licenses are also fascist, but they have generally been at the fringe of the libertarian movement.

No one is being forced to be vaccinated. There are no constitutionally protected activities that are being restricted by vaccine requirements. Maybe if they tied your voting rights to vaccination I would feel differently.
Exactly. None of your rights as defined in the Consitution are being violated if you don't get the vaccine.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:01 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You do know that we already have so called "vaccine passports" which are appropriately called vaccination records already? We have our entire lives.
I've cited that fact repeatedly, but he doesn't accept it. In fact, his parents probably used a vaccine "passport" to get him enrolled in school.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:08 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Exactly. None of your rights as defined in the Consitution are being violated if you don't get the vaccine.

your right to work could be taken away If a whole state mandates all the workers must get vaccinated. do not say it could not happen.

the employer's rights are being violated as well employees when a town like Worcester requires all the employees to be vaccinated without the consent of the employer. some of you people really amaze me.

some of the actions these politicians are doing are crimes against humanity. even though you feel its good if everyone is vaccinated its not you or anyone else to decide. some of the most evil actions in history were done for the "common good" whenever I hear for the common good my ears perk up.

what in your mind thinks that is ok? a business has a right to not require its employees to be vaccinated.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:10 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post

no restricting people from any activity in society because they do not have a vaccine is against the constitution. its a 4th amendment violation to begin with. its unethical and downright evil.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
your right to work could be taken away If a whole state mandates all the workers must get vaccinated. do not say it could not happen.

the employer's rights are being violated as well employees when a town like Worcester requires all the employees to be vaccinated without the consent of the employer. some of you people really amaze me.

some of the actions these politicians are doing are crimes against humanity. even though you feel its good if everyone is vaccinated its not you or anyone else to decide. some of the most evil actions in history were done for the "common good" whenever I hear for the common good my ears perk up.

what in your mind thinks that is ok? a business has a right to not require its employees to be vaccinated.
None of those are constitutional rights. Government has long imposed conditions of employment on employers. Its withstood many challenges and they have been upheld.

You don't have the right to a job in the Constitution.

You are all over the place.

Old 09-18-2021, 01:30 PM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
While we're still clearly better off than many other states, the death rate due to Covid continues its trend since mid July - a steady climb* in Mass.

*The smoothed daily average death rate

Old 09-18-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
no restricting people from any activity in society because they do not have a vaccine is against the constitution. its a 4th amendment violation to begin with. its unethical and downright evil.
4th Amendment? How in God's name?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
While we're still clearly better off than many other states, the death rate due to Covid continues its trend since mid July - a steady climb* in Mass.

*The smoothed daily average death rate
Agree we're better off than other states. But 2,000 cases and ~20 deaths / day is still too high.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:59 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:

4th amendment applies to the govt, not a private business. If participating in society means going to a restarant, or taking a cruise or working at a certain company then those companies are free to put whatever restrictions they want in place. You are free to boycott them if you want.

It’s no different than putting a “no firearm allowed” clause on a lease contract. If you don’t like it, don’t rent there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts