Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 05:50 PM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 05:53 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
We ignore plenty that the constitution says these days. Of course we have to honor this rule though.

I have no issue with the rule. I mean one of the founding principles of this country is freedom to practice your religion free of govt interference.

But, I have issue with people who exploit it (and the medical exemption) as a loophole and ruin it for people who have legitimate religious and medical exemption claims.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:14 PM

I guess I do have an issue with it. This is a contagious disease. Do these same people who are refusing the vaccine because of religion adhere to all the other rules of their religion? Who knows.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:33 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
I guess I do have an issue with it. This is a contagious disease. Do these same people who are refusing the vaccine because of religion adhere to all the other rules of their religion? Who knows.
I agree. I think citing a religious exemption is an excuse. Do they cite such exemptions when getting other kinds of medical treatment? I doubt it. Then why vaccines? And why only this one?

Old 09-17-2021, 06:39 PM

Religious or not I would think people would do what they could to help themselves not get sick and spread this.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:46 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Default , p

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Under the constitution religious exemptions must be made. If you don't want to get sick stay home.
That isn’t how the constitution works. You can’t just wave your finger at stuff you don’t want to do and say “religious exemption”.

https://theconversation.com/whats-th...xplains-166934

Of course, maybe in today’s political climate the religious exemption will be effective. If that’s the case, I am opening the international church of drive as fast as you want, park wherever you want, and never pay any taxes.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:15 AM

962 posts, read 469,824 times
Quote:
Under the constitution religious exemptions must be made. If you don't want to get sick stay home.
If you have a true objection to the COVID vaccines, then there's a whole lot of other stuff you can't take for the same reason.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...you-can-t-take

Quote:
A hospital system in Arkansas is making it a bit more difficult for staff to receive a religious exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate. The hospital is now requiring staff to also swear off extremely common medicines, such as Tylenol, Tums, and even Preparation H, to get the exemption.The move was prompted when Conway Regional Health System noted an unusual uptick in vaccine exemption requests that cited the use of fetal cell lines in the development and testing of the vaccines.The list includes Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, ibuprofen, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, albuterol, Preparation H, MMR vaccine, Claritin, Zoloft, Prilosec OTC, and azithromycin.
Here's an article with a list of over-the-counter and prescription drugs to which you should also object (in a Catholic newsletter and compiled by a Catholic priest who points out the hypocrisy of objectors and that the Church is OK with individuals taking the vaccine).

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/throug...dern-medicine/

Old 09-18-2021, 02:46 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Crazy that this is still a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
That isn’t how the constitution works. You can’t just wave your finger at stuff you don’t want to do and say “religious exemption”.

https://theconversation.com/whats-th...xplains-166934

Of course, maybe in today’s political climate the religious exemption will be effective. If that’s the case, I am opening the international church of drive as fast as you want, park wherever you want, and never pay any taxes.
Vaccine passports are unconstitutional and are a fascist policy. It's when government and private buisness merge. Private buisnesses are doing the work of government. That is the very definition of fascism.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Vaccine passports are unconstitutional and are a fascist policy. It's when government and private buisness merge. Private buisnesses are doing the work of government. That is the very definition of fascism.
You do know that we already have so called "vaccine passports" which are appropriately called vaccination records already? We have our entire lives.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:09 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You do know that we already have so called "vaccine passports" which are appropriately called vaccination records already? We have our entire lives.
A record is different then forcing people to take a drug or vaccine. It's a human rights violation..

Look this is a Canadian lawyer but human rights apply to all countries ...

https://youtu.be/BPQq7CpPfh4

A mandate is not a law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts