Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 08:32 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
That's my thinking as well. You know eventually someone will overreact and throw a tantrum and take it out on those unfortunate folks who are just trying to do their job and do as instructed.
Yeah, and I think "eventually" happens pretty fast in many cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've actually been surprised how diligent the checkers have been. Checking to make sure ID and vaccination cards align with birthdays etc
I think the fact that vaccine requirements are set by actual business and not as a result of federal/state/local government mandates means that the places that are enacting them are putting the full weight of their support behind the staff who is doing the checking/enforcement. The mask requirements over the past 1.5 years have been a mixed bag - you could tell some business were indifferent and just going throw the motions whereas others were extremely diligent. But in this case, no business is going to enact a vaccine requirement without equipping and empowering the staff to enforce it 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 12:54 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Me too, but we're far from the majority.

I believe the third does that will matter for most people won't be available until early 2022, and it will be a booster specific to delta and other mutations.
I have no sense for whether a tweaked vaccine would have to go through all the clinical trials. My fiancée is now 8 months into her 2nd Pfizer jab as a director at a bunch of hospitals. If you believe the Israeli data, she could get pretty sick after 8 months if exposed. I think they’ll do all the health care workers, nursing home residents and other elderly. I’d bet the initial age cutoff will be 65 or 75 for the general public.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:36 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Just heard on GBH that Baker is actively working on an electronic vaccine verification system for the Commonwealth. It's just a matter of time, folks...

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news...gov-baker-says

Old 09-16-2021, 01:46 PM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
I'm guessing people wont need a covid vaccine to ride the MBTA. MBTA just needs warm paying bodies on the train it sounds like. I feel like it will be the same way for airlines.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:31 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
here is a vaccine i might take... i bet it will not be allowed through king Charlie's kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcZIcRCKgss

that's another problem with vaccine passports the safe ones won't be approved for vaccine passports. how can they continue their agenda of depopulation if some of the vaccines will not kill you?

it says it has a 88 percent effective rate or something.

they will tell you when to get jabbed what you will get jabbed with as much as they like. have fun!

they will say I am sorry you did not get the vaccine we wanted you to get for this venue or restaurant we only accept mrna vaccines. we are sorry you are required to get a vaccine every 3 months your passport is not approved come back after you get the required shot. we are now up to shot 32. you need to have proof you took 32 shots.

it says there is a novavax with the flu shot already in it . i do not want that one. i want just novavax.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:41 PM

I think the vaccine passports seem are basically moot if airlines, airports, hotels, and the MBTA and amtrak of all places arent going to use them. What's the point of showing a vaccine passport at your local such and such if the majority of people in your area are already vaccinated?

Old 09-16-2021, 04:45 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrb311 View Post
i think the vaccine passports seem are basically moot if airlines, airports, hotels, and the mbta and amtrak of all places arent going to use them. What's the point of showing a vaccine passport at your local such and such if the majority of people in your area are already vaccinated?
control

the goal is a digital id with not just your vaccine info on it. a social credit score system might be introduced. if you are naughty you lose privileges. Welcome to authoritarianism. they might eventually be needed everywhere. Bidens current actions prove this is just the start its only going to get worse. it might get so bad even some on the Massachusetts forums will get scared. way more scared than even for the virus.

Charlie baker said it was too early for a vaccine passport before. maybe some dangerous men paid him a visit.

Old 09-16-2021, 04:49 PM

that's nice and all if some bar in boston that i never go to makes people show their covid card but if i take the train in to work one day how protected will i be? Not very.

how about the zoo, the science museum or the gardner museum? Will the make people show a covid card?

Old 09-16-2021, 05:00 PM

12,452 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Here is a Covid-19 casemap (7-day average) from the Washington Post. The area of densest cases has moved up from the Gulf states to the "heartland" region. Up until now, the northeast has gotten off lightly by comparison. No doubt this is in part due to better vaccination rates and greater personal use of mitigation methods. However, there are still millions of people in the northeast who aren't fully vaccinated, and use of masking and social distancing still isn't great. I do wonder if that heavy case rate will eventually engulf us as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Coronavirus in Massachusetts-covid1-19-casemap-sept-16-2021.jpg  

Old 09-16-2021, 05:15 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
control

the goal is a digital id with not just your vaccine info on it. a social credit score system might be introduced. if you are naughty you lose privileges. Welcome to authoritarianism. they might eventually be needed everywhere. Bidens current actions prove this is just the start its only going to get worse. it might get so bad even some on the Massachusetts forums will get scared. way more scared than even for the virus.

Charlie baker said it was too early for a vaccine passport before. maybe some dangerous men paid him a visit.
You must not have very good shoes if you're afraid of falling down every slippery slope.

People have been voluntarily carrying out electronic tracking devices that authorities do use to track people. It's important to make sure our legislators understand that there have to be limits on any technology or passport program, but everything needs to be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts