Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 01:34 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I

It's exhausting to correct all of the nonsense that has been posted, so people just stopped posting. It really is a shame.
Speaking from my personal POV, it really is discouraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 01:39 PM

16,291 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I haven't really had a whole lot to say on the topic..no big news or outbreaks going on that I know of.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:47 PM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's dead (just like the RI covid thread) because one member hijacked it with disinformation.

It's exhausting to correct all of the nonsense that has been posted, so people just stopped posting. It really is a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Speaking from my personal POV, it really is discouraging.
I use the "ignore" feature very sparingly, but I have made one exception here. I understand why some feel the need to correct bad info., but my honest feeling is that if everybody did the same as I that "this" problem would disappear.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:54 PM

9,068 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I use the "ignore" feature very sparingly, but I have made one exception here. I understand why some feel the need to correct bad info., but my honest feeling is that if everybody did the same as I that "this" problem would disappear.
Yup! Responses only serve to elicit further responses creating a back and forth situation that draws attention to the misinformation. It is better to let it wither on the vine, metaphorically speaking.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:57 PM

943 posts, read 409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Hmm, now I am going to have to figure out the ignore feature...So far, this fall is going better than I had feared, even though I think the relatively high plateau is worrisome as temps are dropping (we've had an unusually warm glorious fall!!) and holidays are starting, especially with young kids still unvaccinated and older kids/college students probably coming up to the decline in efficacy soon.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:02 PM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Yup! Responses only serve to elicit further responses creating a back and forth situation that draws attention to the misinformation. It is better to let it wither on the vine, metaphorically speaking.
Yeah like I say I do it very sparingly, it's a case by case kind of thing.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:13 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
Hmm, now I am going to have to figure out the ignore feature...
Click on "My Settings"
You'll see "Your Control Panel"
Under "Settings & Options" you'll see "Edit Ignore List" - click that and then add the username

I don't currently have anyone on my ignore list. I find that it makes threads difficult to follow when people are on ignore.

That said, when you have someone on ignore, you can still view their posts if you want to. They're not completely hidden. Whenever they post, you can click "view ignored post" (or something like that) to see it.

Old 10-20-2021, 05:27 AM

875 posts, read 662,987 times
Yup, seems like some covidiot acquaintances of mine are now braying about 'aborted fetus parts' in the vaccines.

I'm assuming they mean the testing in the various human cell lines - MRC-5, HEK 293 etc.

Well, I got bad news for ya bud - hope ya never get cancer, or need any drug that has been developed since the 70's .... 'cos guess what?

Old 10-20-2021, 10:02 AM

779 posts, read 876,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Yup, seems like some covidiot acquaintances of mine are now braying about 'aborted fetus parts' in the vaccines.

I'm assuming they mean the testing in the various human cell lines - MRC-5, HEK 293 etc.

Well, I got bad news for ya bud - hope ya never get cancer, or need any drug that has been developed since the 70's .... 'cos guess what?
I have no problem with people who have an issue with the vaccine being tested on cells used from a cloned, aborted fetus. If they are morally opposed to that, then I can empathize with them. I've often wondered if that is the reason for the religious exemption for this vaccine.

I don't personally have an issue with testing on the cloned cells, but I respect those who do.

Old 10-20-2021, 12:29 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I have no problem with people who have an issue with the vaccine being tested on cells used from a cloned, aborted fetus. If they are morally opposed to that, then I can empathize with them. I've often wondered if that is the reason for the religious exemption for this vaccine.

I don't personally have an issue with testing on the cloned cells, but I respect those who do.
As long as they were consistent and refused all products and drugs tested on them, which means most everything the past 30 or so years.

That I would respect.

Picking and choosing just a vaccine to save lives? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts