Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2021, 02:43 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,668,728 times

Advertisements

Probably the same thing that is happening in Vancouver
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/cluster-of-cov...says-1.5522168
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 02:52 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,192,519 times
"Vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVID.

If you are vaccinated and become infected with Delta, while you will most likely have mild or even no symptoms, you could still be at risk of long COVID health problems.

A recent study found there can be more than 200 health problems associated with long COVID, including fatigue, cognitive impairment (“brain fog”), sexual dysfunction, heart rhythm disturbances, bladder control issues, shingles, memory loss, blurred vision, diarrhea, hallucinations, tremors, hearing problems, impairments of sense of smell, changes to the menstrual cycle, and a great many others. Being burdened with health issues like these potentially for years or even the rest of your life would not be fun. ‘Surviving’ COVID doesn’t mean you would come through unharmed.

Studies have shown that people who had mild infections or even no symptoms at all with the original SARS-CoV-2 strain can still have significant long COVID health problems. The danger from Delta is likely to be the same and it would be risky to assume otherwise."

Source: https://www.golocalprov.com/news/why...eful-right-now

Old 07-26-2021, 03:47 PM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"Vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVID.

If you are vaccinated and become infected with Delta, while you will most likely have mild or even no symptoms, you could still be at risk of long COVID health problems.

A recent study found there can be more than 200 health problems associated with long COVID, including fatigue, cognitive impairment (“brain fog”), sexual dysfunction, heart rhythm disturbances, bladder control issues, shingles, memory loss, blurred vision, diarrhea, hallucinations, tremors, hearing problems, impairments of sense of smell, changes to the menstrual cycle, and a great many others. Being burdened with health issues like these potentially for years or even the rest of your life would not be fun. ‘Surviving’ COVID doesn’t mean you would come through unharmed.

Studies have shown that people who had mild infections or even no symptoms at all with the original SARS-CoV-2 strain can still have significant long COVID health problems. The danger from Delta is likely to be the same and it would be risky to assume otherwise."

Source: https://www.golocalprov.com/news/why...eful-right-now
I can guarantee that with or without covid, you'll suffer at least one of these health issues.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:05 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
For the sake of you two enjoying your intimacy...I hope your tongue was firmly-in-cheek in stating the above!
I’m sure their intimacy is extremely tongue-in-cheek considering the masks!

Old 07-26-2021, 04:35 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So what is going on in P-town then? seems kind of odd.
Small streets, small venues, small restaurants, big crowds, unvaccinated not following recommendation to mask up.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:49 PM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
For the sake of you two enjoying your intimacy...I hope your tongue was firmly-in-cheek in stating the above!
Of course!

Old 07-26-2021, 05:01 PM

12,427 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I can guarantee that with or without covid, you'll suffer at least one of these health issues.
The reason they say those conditions are associated with long Covid is that there is statistically increased prevalence of e.g. memory loss, cognitive impairment, depression, hallucinations, etc in people who've had Covid-19, versus those who haven't, and this holds up even when they control for factors such as e.g., age. In some cases, there is a partial mechanistic model or at least mechanistic clues. So it's not just one patient reporting headaches that makes them say long covid is associated with headaches - if 10% of people from the general population experience frequent strong headaches, and 40% of people who've had Covid-19 infection experience frequent strong headaches, they infer - Covid-19 is associated with headaches.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:10 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
I’m sure their intimacy is extremely tongue-in-cheek considering the masks!
If this were not a family forum, I'm thinking of at least 2 jokes to take off on that comment!

Old 07-26-2021, 06:36 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
the other thing is and to be frank is that many people frankly don't know how to describe what they feel. I'm not talking mentally but physically. If you want to trip a doctor up don't describe anything. Is it burning? Is it a pain? Like a stabbing pain or frequent or deep etc. Sometimes what's weird to some isn't to others. The oddest I had was (kinda graphic) when I had wisdom teeth removed there were some small fragments that took nearly 20 years to eventually come out. It wasn't so much a pain but almost felt like tectonic plates hitting each other, the pressure was significant.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:53 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Hospitalizations are up to 145.. that's the highest in a month and a half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts