Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 07:39 AM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQ8Hp6XHYA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 07:45 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
I have not read through this lengthy thread but I am assuming what I am about to ask has probably been asked several times.

How do you think Charlie Baker is handling the situation? Personally I think is doing doing a solid job in the face of adversity.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:10 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
You don't even need to click that video link. Just the headline "as meat shortage worsens" is indicative of the unfounded fear mongering that has been going on during this pandemic. Yes, some meat processors are temporarily shut down due to the virus, but by most reasonable accounts there is no actual shortage at this point. Some restrictions have been put in place at grocery stores and restaurants due to sheeple rushing out to hoard meat based on these headlines. Ridiculous tag-lines only make this behavior worse and yes, maybe we will really have a shortage. Oh well, most Americans could stand to eat less meat anyway. Maybe they will have use for those basements full of toilet paper now.

Much of the media will do anything for clicks and eyeballs, and they wonder why they are considered less credible every day.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:25 AM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
It doesn't get more credible than The Today Show.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:38 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
How about the people who take pictures of these parades and put them on Facebook to brag about them.

Thanks everyone who came out for Bobbie sues 4th birthday! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!! You made the day so special!

Lol seriously I don’t mind the parades, but putting every damn thing on Facebook these days or what irks me.

That's a whole different topic separate from the parades. People have always been "look at me" on facebook looking for some sort of social gratification and likes.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:45 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
' look at us, we are being obnoxiously noisy in the community BUT ya cant complain! its a birthday party--or someone is going into the military --or its teacher appreciation or its student appreciation--- or blank--or a blank or a blank parade.
There's a military flyover over a handful of hospitals in the state around noon as part of appreciation for the nurses and the medical community.

Try not to get your blood pressure up too high.

https://www.necn.com/news/coronaviru...esday/2268320/

Old 05-06-2020, 09:10 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,087,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I have not read through this lengthy thread but I am assuming what I am about to ask has probably been asked several times.

How do you think Charlie Baker is handling the situation? Personally I think is doing doing a solid job in the face of adversity.
IMO very well...if for no other reasons than that he's been data-driven, has joined the consortium of 5 Northeastern states for PPE & testing supplies, etc., has shown compassion, and has not jumped on the bandwagon to reopen the economy until it makes sense.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
How about the people who take pictures of these parades and put them on Facebook to brag about them.

Thanks everyone who came out for Bobbie sues 4th birthday! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!! You made the day so special!

Lol seriously I don’t mind the parades, but putting every damn thing on Facebook these days or what irks me.
I just got an email announcing a "parade" tomorrow night in our development here in SC:

"Are you feeling a little cooped up? Need a great way for our kids to give back to the community?

We would like to have a “Parade” of cars driving through our neighborhood, spreading cheer and showing our friends, who could use a little fun, that we are here for them!

There are two ways to participate:
1. Come out on your front porch or driveway on Thursday evening, May 7 from 6-7 pm to watch the parade drive through.

2. Be in the parade! Parade participants should meet at the Clubhouse no later than 5:45 pm. Please remain in your car and we will leave the Clubhouse around 6 pm. Kids can make signs, play music, wave and call out to our neighbors and friends. Cars can be decorated with Window markers, balloons, paper signs etc."

We don't even have that many kids who live here. Sounds like a way for some adults to make noise.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:22 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,302,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Where's the beef?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCajZth-24

Old 05-06-2020, 09:44 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,808,396 times
Baker is doing well. I'd say Cuomo is doing well also. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the DNC want to switch him and Biden. Just be calm, cool and collective and that can be a good sign.

I'm not so sure about lower levels. Plymouth county which is run by just three part time employees somehow has applied and received 90 million and the state isn't happy. Apparently the feds must have thought that county government here is as strong as texas...uh no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts