Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 03:58 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,808,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Cuomo is doing good ? did you hear about this?

he sent covid-19 patients to nursing homes thus probably killing thosands of people.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/01/cuomos...ex-gov-pataki/

The nursing homes did not want the patients and he told them they had to take them.

They passed a law that even if someone tests positive for covid 19 they can not be denied a place in a nursing home.
Right but you do know like Mass NY has a right to shelter law. You have to shelter people somewhere. This is why homeless shelters are a hotbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 04:05 PM

3,373 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
I'm actually not quite sure. I was standing outside in a group of about 8 people yesterday--we were all picking up taco kits at a specific time. We were about 10 - 15 feet apart from each other and we were all asking "Do we need our masks if we are outside?" We all sort of just pulled our masks down because we didn't know and it seemed safe since we were far apart and outside. We were not fined...
Different towns have different rules. I read watertowns rules and it did not say if social distancing is not possible.

I just saw in the news that in somerville you need to wear a mask even if you can socially distance. I will not be giving any buisness to somerville.

Runners do not want to wear masks. this is ridiculous.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Right but you do know like Mass NY has a right to shelter law. You have to shelter people somewhere. This is why homeless shelters are a hotbed.
In the article it says there where beds available in hospitals. Cuomo could of sent them there but sent them specifically to nursing homes.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:18 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
I take a daily walk and have a face covering around my neck to pull up if I have to closely bypass others. The main issue is if a jogger suddenly comes up from behind me, there is no time to cover up my face. I have been holding my breath hoping I don't breathe the same air of the person passing me.

Old 05-06-2020, 05:34 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,546,433 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I take a daily walk and have a face covering around my neck to pull up if I have to closely bypass others. The main issue is if a jogger suddenly comes up from behind me, there is no time to cover up my face. I have been holding my breath hoping I don't breathe the same air of the person passing me.
Hard way to live. And why do we think things will be better on May 18th? Will it suddenly be ok to breath the same air of others ? Nope.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:26 PM

162 posts, read 101,945 times
Quote:

in somerville you need to wear a mask even if you can socially distance. I will not be giving any buisness to somerville.

Have you called up Somerville and told them that? They probably will miss you so much they'll change everything to suit you.

The thing about runners being so obnoxious is eventually someone will decide their preferred social distance is the length of the typical Louisville Slugger, or my PPE favorite, the can of Raid 50 foot bee and wasp spray.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThescot View Post
Have you called up Somerville and told them that? They probably will miss you so much they'll change everything to suit you.

The thing about runners being so obnoxious is eventually someone will decide their preferred social distance is the length of the typical Louisville Slugger, or my PPE favorite, the can of Raid 50 foot bee and wasp spray.
your not going to get covid from a runner that runs past you for 3 seconds in the outside air. in fact if your wearing a mask you have nothing to worry about. this is all about psychological conditioning. patterns are being formed. This is all about control. Inside is a different situation.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:29 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
your not going to get covid from a runner that runs past you for 3 seconds in the outside air. in fact if your wearing a mask you have nothing to worry about. this is all about psychological conditioning. patterns are being formed. This is all about control. Inside is a different situation.
I’m awed by your infectious disease expertise.

You still have no clue how masks work and why everyone needs to wear a mask.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m awed by your infectious disease expertise.

You still have no clue how masks work and why everyone needs to wear a mask.
oh i know the saying your wearing the mask to protect others. Are you saying that if you have a mask on your not protected at all by someone who is not wearing a mask? If you could get covid from a runner running past you for 3 seconds then everyone would have it. while it is contagious its not that ridiculous.

where if two people are wearing the mask I am sure the chances of getting it are less then if one person has it and the other does not. its probably so infinitesmal .

I would worry about gyms though people are staying in one place using machines that others are using and that is inside.

sometimes you dont need to be a expert its common sense. do you know how many runners run past people on bike paths and trails and on sidewalks? As the other poster pointed out though they do come close to you.

If i jogged i would find a area more secluded if i could. Not that i would think i would infect someone but people are getting so freaked out there not living there life. They might yell at me for not wearing a mask.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 05-07-2020 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-07-2020, 07:39 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
I just saw in the news that in somerville you need to wear a mask even if you can socially distance. I will not be giving any buisness to somerville.
Somerville is one of the densest cities in the country. It's almost impossible to go in public for any period of time and be certain that you can socially distance. There are no wide open spaces, and there's no way to be certain you won't walk by anyone on the street. Enforcement here is being done with a common sense approach - the jogger running alone at 5:30am without a mask isn't being ticketed. You can be outraged from a distance, but most people here are fine with it. Having to wear a mask in public has having absolutely zero impact to our daily life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts