Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 04:37 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

I was at the supermarket the other day and someone was holding a sign. Ussually you see homeless need money or something like that. This person was holding a sign saying " leaving a abusive home totally sober any money will help."

This women even if she gets enough money can not rent a hotel room or rent a car to get away.

I have heard domestic violence has gone up with couples and familys being around each other most of the time. I have heard child abuse has gone up too. Divorce has gone up.

Hopefully the women finds a safe place where she can stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 05:38 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
How about the people who take pictures of these parades and put them on Facebook to brag about them.

Thanks everyone who came out for Bobbie sues 4th birthday! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!! You made the day so special!

Lol seriously I don’t mind the parades, but putting every damn thing on Facebook these days or what irks me.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:50 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I have heard domestic violence has gone up with couples and familys being around each other most of the time. I have heard child abuse has gone up too. Divorce has gone up.
If you take a toxic person who prior to this spent 10+ hours away from the family, and then place them home all day ... potentially unemployed and more able to abuse substances ... with children and a spouse who are also home ... yeah, it's a recipe for disaster.

I am not at all surprised that divorce rates would ramp as any divide or friction which existed prior will ramp heavily with the interaction now constant and repetitive. An increase in frequency only amplifies.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:08 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
1 out of every 5 Wendy's doesn't have burgers.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:17 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I decided to go to a Wendy's yesterday, first time in 4 months, but I have standard order, 4 for 4 Double Stack with cheese. I was told they didn't have Double Stacks due to 'the meat shortage'. I suspect they might have had other burger sizes (why would they even be open if they did not have any meat?), but I didn't want to play 20 questions with the voice on the other end of the speaker, so I just left.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:20 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is a big difference. Its the obsession of desiring to talk smack about a place or person you don't like that is bizarre. I have lived in places I loathed, it makes no sense for me to talk smack about them on their forums. I would be "off" if I did.
It's also rude to the people who currently live there.

I once lived in a place I hated and, while I can see possibly having the curiosity to drop in and see what is happening on some forum (I'm really not curious at all about this place, but I can understand if someone would be), I don't understand the need to trash talk the place to the people who currently live there. It's obnoxious.

Last edited by bizcuit; 05-06-2020 at 07:33 AM..

Old 05-06-2020, 07:23 AM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
As one who follows a plant-based diet, I say AMEN! I wish it were 5 of out 5

Old 05-06-2020, 07:30 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
I was at the supermarket the other day and someone was holding a sign. Ussually you see homeless need money or something like that. This person was holding a sign saying " leaving a abusive home totally sober any money will help."

This women even if she gets enough money can not rent a hotel room or rent a car to get away.

Hopefully it's not a panhandler scam. There are resources out there (share if you know anyone who could use them: https://www.mass.gov/service-details...-for-survivors ), and as you pointed out, asking for money at the grocery store is not going to be an effective method for escaping a violent household. Not only will the money not help find stable housing, but standing in a grocery store parking lot is hardly anonymous and she runs the risk of being identified and facing backlash at home.

Panhandlers are often creative, using wit or playing off of people's kindness to drum up business. Most of the time it's dishonest, and it's certainly not the best way to get sustained support. I realize that people are entitled to do whatever they want with their money, but giving money to a panhandler is almost never actually helpful to the person receiving it. The person you saw may be a survivor of domestic violence. Most people asking for money on the corners have some history of trauma that contributed to their being where they are. And domestic violence is absolutely through the roof during this pandemic. But asking for money on the corner is, at best, not the solution to her trouble. At worst, it could be someone playing on the emotion of people who know that this is a particularly bad time for domestic violence.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:36 AM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I decided to go to a Wendy's yesterday, first time in 4 months, but I have standard order, 4 for 4 Double Stack with cheese. I was told they didn't have Double Stacks due to 'the meat shortage'. I suspect they might have had other burger sizes (why would they even be open if they did not have any meat?), but I didn't want to play 20 questions with the voice on the other end of the speaker, so I just left.
They have chicken.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:39 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:

Yeah families weren’t built to be home together 24/7 while doing a job from home and homeschooling kids. Certainly no one should be beating each other up but there are some idiots out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts