Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 01:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Yes, he's obviously unaware that everyone must walk in intellectual lock-step and conform to only that language deemed acceptable by the politburo.
+1.

Sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 02:23 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
First shot has passed a million.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:24 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

Sheep.

Racist. (also a mischaracterization of covid as "a flu", but the "Chinese" part is way worse.)

Old 02-20-2021, 02:44 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDuece View Post
I sure wish Baker's Administration get it act together with the Chinese Flu vaccination locations. Living on Cape Cod where do I go? What is wrong with setting up locations at National Guard Armories in the State? Yet some people voted in politicians to have our government take care of us. YiKES! I can't wait to move out of this State. Another Kalifornia in the Work In Progress mode.
They are supposed to open the Melody tent in Hyannis as a vaccination site. My friends got theirs somewhere in Mashpee. There is at least one other site

Old 02-20-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
They are supposed to open the Melody tent in Hyannis as a vaccination site. My friends got theirs somewhere in Mashpee. There is at least one other site
There are several retail pharmacies that are doing it on the Cape. Looks like it's all booked.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:50 PM

BTW I am guessing that Charlie will move back to Phase 3 Step 2 soon, perhaps this week. That doesn't really add anything interesting really, maybe Charlie will throw in an additional capacity increase as well.

Phase 4 OTOH is not happening any time soon but I wonder about the Red Sox. Now Opening Day would be a real stretch but they are probably the next thing after Step 2.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:52 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Go back quite a few years and people weren't so crazy and didn't go around shooting people for no reason. We didn't have mass killings or school shootings. We could get away with saying Asian flu or whatever it was.

Things have changed and now we have people who are in love with violence. That's why we have to be more careful of what we say. Anyway, it's very misleading and inaccurate to call this the "flu." Most people just call it COVID. It's almost as if people who call it the Chinese flu must have a chip on their shoulder. They want to make people mad. All part of this anger and violence that's taken over the country. Just looking for a fight.

Old 02-20-2021, 09:05 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Go back quite a few years and people weren't so crazy and didn't go around shooting people for no reason. We didn't have mass killings or school shootings. We could get away with saying Asian flu or whatever it was.

Things have changed and now we have people who are in love with violence. That's why we have to be more careful of what we say. Anyway, it's very misleading and inaccurate to call this the "flu." Most people just call it COVID. It's almost as if people who call it the Chinese flu must have a chip on their shoulder. They want to make people mad. All part of this anger and violence that's taken over the country. Just looking for a fight.
Things have changed with mental health. This country has big problems there, which is where our efforts should be directed. There will always be objectionable speech, and the answer to that is more speech not less. Part of the solution to mental and emotional health is also more speech, not less.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:03 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
The amount of people I know who are openly posting about traveling and gathering with others this week is eyebrow raising. I feel like many are openly ignoring travel and quarantine recommendations at this point. We’re all fatigued with this but it seems like the finish line may be in sight and, I just don’t know. Hopefully the 2nd wave is ebbing, vaccines are ramping up and in a best case we reach some semblance of herd immunity faster than advertised. However, if any of the (possible) media fear mongering about the variants is valid...

Old 02-22-2021, 06:34 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Very encouraging news.

Pfizer vaccine stops COVID-19 spread: Israeli study

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pf...dy/ar-BB1dSUjq

"An Israeli study indicated Pfizer and BioNTech's vaccine for the coronavirus was 89.4 percent effective in stemming the spread of COVID-19.

While early evidence had indicated that the coronavirus vaccines have cut transmission of the virus in addition to preventing illness, experts have been cautioning that the question required further study.

The study by Pfizer, BioNTech and Israel's health ministry was the first decisive indication that a vaccine did indeed curb transmission, Bloomberg reported"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts