Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 11:18 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,961 times

Advertisements

And at some point there will be an equalization of 1st and second doses, with second doses having priority due to the strict timing requirement. Aside from supply chain uncertainty MA has been reserving a buffer to help prevent what I consider to be failures in other states.. closed sites and confusion instead of an initially slow but steady rollout that has gained momentum as planned. If anything ahead of the time line released in Dec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 01:44 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
And at some point there will be an equalization of 1st and second doses, with second doses having priority due to the strict timing requirement. Aside from supply chain uncertainty MA has been reserving a buffer to help prevent what I consider to be failures in other states.. closed sites and confusion instead of an initially slow but steady rollout that has gained momentum as planned. If anything ahead of the time line released in Dec.
They seem to be doing the opposite and prioritizing first dose. Today (Yesterday?) was a productive day, 44k for first dose and they are almost at a million.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:08 PM

BTW happened on the CVS vaccination schedule page... from their data Maryland and Arkansas are vaccinating teachers now. Texas and New Jersey only require one condition.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:47 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,808,396 times
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/...t-remote-work/

hmmm.

I'm thinking Baker wants reopenings but he doesn't want a surge of people going into boston and the 128 belt. I'm also thinking he's going to make telecommutting the norm for most state jobs. There was talk of moving the state capital (just talk no real plans) to western mass years ago. It would be a mixed bag as a non taxable property would not bring additional revenues but the tens of thousands would certainly helps bars and restaurants.

The supply chain management adds up. I found food in the vending machine at work that's easily two months old. Few in the office so if offices reopen that means additional food vending, cleaning and maintenance would have to come back. Is there going to be a line for the elevator? What about parking? If people go back what are they going back to exactly?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:00 PM

3,971 posts, read 5,764,113 times
I'm trying to book appointments for my parents, both of whom are over 65. I must be reading the website times and information wrong. Right now at 21:55 hours EST, the site said all locations in Central and Eastern MA are booked and there are only 5 available slots in Greenfield way out in Franklin County. All CVS locations are fully booked. Is this true? These appointments are going faster than anything I have ever witnessed .

Old 02-18-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I'm trying to book appointments for my parents, both of whom are over 65. I must be reading the website times and information wrong. Right now at 21:55 hours EST, the site said all locations in Central and Eastern MA are booked and there are only 5 available slots in Greenfield way out in Franklin County. All CVS locations are fully booked. Is this true? These appointments are going faster than anything I have ever witnessed .
You're a little late.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:53 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,087,939 times
Quote:
It's a real cluster. The state better come up with a more robust signup system before the Phase 3 rollout. I'm really hoping that the CDC can call an audible, with the latest news that single doses of Moderna & Pfizer may be sufficient, which would have a huge impact on the pace of vaccinations.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:34 AM

12,380 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Quote:
How far out do the appointments go on the calendar? Phase 2 runs through March (and will obviously be extended if needed). My point is, if they're only booking out 1 or 2 weeks, I am not surprised if everything is booked with such a *big* increase in eligibility just opened. But if everything is already booked for 2 months out, that would be a bad sign of insufficient capacity.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's a real cluster. The state better come up with a more robust signup system before the Phase 3 rollout. I'm really hoping that the CDC can call an audible, with the latest news that single doses of Moderna & Pfizer may be sufficient, which would have a huge impact on the pace of vaccinations.
Site's been much more responsive. It runs on AWS apparently, they just had to pay Jeff Bezos more money.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:54 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,228 times
Quote:
Can you tell how many were available to begin with? We spent many, many hours trying to get my dad vaccinated in Florida through the Publix portal. Tens of thousands of appointments were announced a couple of times a week. As the page refreshes, the number of appointments decreases. Half an hour later, they were all gone. Multiple people, on multiple devices, tried for weeks before we could get an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts