Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 AM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
It's a real cluster. The state better come up with a more robust signup system before the Phase 3 rollout. I'm really hoping that the CDC can call an audible, with the latest news that single doses of Moderna & Pfizer may be sufficient, which would have a huge impact on the pace of vaccinations.
i agree. One dose gives you 85% protection. Flu shots gave only 65% I think. I can live with that. But I think most people would want both, like my husband who is ok with it AFTER he gets his second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 12:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Yes, he's obviously unaware that everyone must walk in intellectual lock-step and conform to only that language deemed acceptable by the politburo.
You might think differently, if you were of nonwhite descent (like myself), and aware enough to realize that calling it the "Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu" has literally led to racially motivated attacks on innocent people.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:22 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,668,728 times
Quote:
You might think differently, if you were of nonwhite descent (like myself), and aware enough to realize that calling it the "Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu" has literally led to racially motivated attacks on innocent people.
While I don't choose to use the term myself, hate-fueled violence is the product of bigotry and intolerance (often coupled with mental illness), not speech. And for the record I also have experienced the end of both of those.

In 1918 it was the Spanish Flu; 1957 the Asian Flu; 1968 Hong Kong flu; 1977 the Russian Flu. The virus came out of China. Now.... it appears that government exacerbated the problem, and lied about it. I'm not interested in corporate propagated propaganda.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 02-20-2021 at 12:34 PM..

Old 02-20-2021, 12:30 PM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
That shouldn't be a problem. Should have gotten their second shot scheduled when they got the first one.
I got my first shot on January 19th and was given an appt for a second shot that was promptly cancelled.
The appointment meant nothing because they ran out of vaccine. That's happened all over the country. Hopefully that won't continue.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
While I don't choose to use the term myself, hate-fueled violence is the product of bigotry and intolerance, not speech. And for the record I also have experienced the end of both of those.

In 1918 it was the Spanish Flu; 1957 the Asian Flu; 1968 Hong Kong flu; 1977 the Russian Flu. The virus came out of China. Now.... it appears that government exacerbated the problem, and lied about it. I'm not interested in corporate propagated propaganda.
Bigotry and intolerance yes, but made permissible by the use of such terms by government officials (who shall remain nameless). I can provide links to several news reports throughout this pandemic, of attacks that have been preceded by blaming the (Asian) victim for bringing the flu here, or telling them to go back to their country. As for the past, there are several other terms that were used that we might not use today, out of concern and sensitivity...

Old 02-20-2021, 12:32 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I got my first shot on January 19th and was given an appt for a second shot that was promptly cancelled.
The appointment meant nothing because they ran out of vaccine. That's happened all over the country. Hopefully that won't continue.
I would not be surprised if those that got a date yesterday find out it got cancelled. Nobody is taking responsibility for the website crash. The sec of public health declared on TV that everything is working now, problem solved.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Bigotry and intolerance yes, but made permissible by the use of such terms by government officials (who shall remain nameless). I can provide links to several news reports throughout this pandemic, of attacks that have been preceded by blaming the (Asian) victim for bringing the flu here, or telling them to go back to their country. As for the past, there are several other terms that were used that we might not use today, out of concern and sensitivity...
Yes, mentally unstable people blaming anybody they can associate with a threat or perceived threat is usually how these things go down and it happens with extremist thinkers on the right AND the left. The fact that the virus came from China was well known. It was being discussed on every media outlet 24/7 until they decided to twist the narrative for their own purposes. You're being played.

https://youtu.be/5eZtCq1aj2g

Old 02-20-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, mentally unstable people blaming anybody they can associate with a threat or perceived threat is usually how these things go down and it happens with extremist thinkers on the right AND the left. The fact that the virus came from China was well known. It was being discussed on every media outlet 24/7 until they decided to twist the narrative for their own purposes. You're being played.

https://youtu.be/5eZtCq1aj2g
No one is denying where this virus came from. You're just being tone deaf, and that's not my problem to solve.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:59 PM

Edit to the above, I wouldn't actually place any of these lunatics into any political ideology; they are essentially apolitical, but usually associate with either one or the other extreme ends of the spectrum.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
No one is denying where this virus came from. You're just being tone deaf, and that's not my problem to solve.
I have the feeling that anyone who disagrees with your subjective opinions is considered by you to be tone deaf, and that is definitely not my problem to solve. Have a lovely day in the echo chamber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts