Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM

67 posts, read 130,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii326 View Post
Hey Taishar77 congrats. By any chance did you talk to a women or man on the phone? Has any other front desk applicant went from blank to active today?
Mine is still blank...Did you guys apply for management or no? Is there a difference in timeline?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 PM

25 posts, read 57,293 times
TESTOSTERONE::

I understand,,,and will be praying all the way thru the 90 days,,, EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEKEND,,, GOOD LUCK TO US ALL IN THE WEEKS TO COME,,,,,

Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 PM

20 posts, read 36,324 times
I just applied for an agent not manager, but I don't know if it really matters blank or active because some people that got hired were blank others were active. I hope they start hiring next week instead of the 21st the sooner the better. I would think it would have been one of the first departments hired not last.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:21 PM

24 posts, read 48,778 times
I' ll talk in bold,
Quote:
Originally Posted by moudira View Post
I thank you again sir,I can tell you sound like a manager,and i been waiting to hear from you .
and another thing what is so scary,for example.lets say they hire you ,and just like every hotel they always hire extra in the beginning,and later they start to letting go people. Not every Hotel does that only some departments are know for it, Unfortunately F&B Depts usually are the most notorious for doing that to employees, that's why it's a good idea to be on your best behaviour during that prob period and ALWAYS have a plan B just in case

and this whole time you;ll be waiting for that dream job and next thing you are out,and you have to start again. Not necessarly, if u make sure u always have a back up plan

it sounds kind of confusing.and another thing,it;s been a week now,i haven;t seen any changes on my application for a gourmet food server,it;s say OPEN ACTIVE. I'd have to say that's a good sign, however my advice is to keep checking other props for the many openings that'll be available after this CC process is done with.

I wonder if it means anything at all. As long as it's not Inactive!!

and i would like to ask you sir,if you don;t mind,what are you applying for.and as far as speaking with a heavy accent.to tell you the truth,some places they want people that speaks another languages. Plz don't think I was being condecending. Obvioulsy the more languages U know, the better, As long as your guests can understand you....

and i just wish i kept practicing on my french........our languages in lebanon was arabic and french was our second language and when i ran away from the war,it was hard for me at first to learn english.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM

67 posts, read 130,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosterone View Post
I' ll talk in caps,
If the status is inactive wud it say inactive??and blank means theres just nothign inthere?

Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 PM

24 posts, read 48,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1728 View Post
If the status is inactive wud it say inactive??and blank means theres just nothign inthere?
Yes it would, Blank is NOT inactive.
Active and blank means u r still being considered depending on how your process went because it's different from candidate to candidate

Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM

317 posts, read 834,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosterone View Post
Sorry I didn't see your post before, to answer your question;
Bartenders were also interviewed a 3rd time not only cocktails
Tell your friend not to lose hope, the quota for (F&B Dept) interns has not been reached yet. meaning they'll be turning to more of the externals that were among the top tier
HELLO TESTOSTERONE,
How do you know if your among the top tier?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:05 PM

20 posts, read 36,324 times
Taishar77 you said that you were interviewed by the actual department head correct? When was your interview? I had mine in April and it was a hotel assistant manager from New york New york. It was a guy maybe in his 30's.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:19 PM

181 posts, read 340,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arubio17 View Post
for those of u that went from blank to active u guys should be getting a call soon mibe went active last friday and they called me on tuesday and said i have a job offer for sep.14

good luck guys
Mine changed from blank to active last sunday buit still no call yet

Old 09-11-2009, 05:21 PM

36 posts, read 89,104 times
I honestly took your advice,to try to see ,if there is something else,such as busser in gourmet restaurant or in banquets,,,,,,,but i just can;t see my self as a busser,i been in 36 years in the food industry.

and almost every area they want to make sure you have wine knowledge,and that really scares me.

all this time i been layed off my job,i could have studied something,but sometimes you can;t just get up and do any thing.

especially when you are home,your self esteem is down,you sit on the computer hours each day trying to find a job,and you hear rumors,that they are looking for young people ONLY.and that makes me feel very down on myself. to be continue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas